Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seriously though, what. the. fuck.

now i was a big fan of the bulls at the time living in Chicago yet i was still young at the time and never knew this happened. Only in WCW...

oh well i guess i can be somewhat on the scales of mayweather or snookie (however u spell it)

some opinions on ppl that were around for this? who was the heel/face?

·
Banned
4,994 Posts
Rodman/Malone looked like Savage and Steamboat in comparison to Jay Leno manhandling Hulk Hogan.

·
Premium Member
8,457 Posts
Lots of famous celebs at the time came into the wrestling world be it WWE or WCW. I remember watching a video on youtube about a month ago and being surprised to see Bill Kazmier in a match. (I think I spelled his name right ? :eek: )

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
I'm probably the only one that thought Rodman did a pretty good job, considering all of the other shit celebrities we've seen in the ring. I also thought he fit into the nWo quite well, which says alot considering half the wCw roster tried and failed to fit in.

·
Registered
9,547 Posts
For a lot of time, Rodman was a big success for WCW, drew two huge buyrates, helped the ratings battle, gave WCW mainstream attention and gave the nWo even bigger feel because they were traveling with "celebrities", they did this angle a few times with NFL players that gave Hollywood Hogan the "cool mainstream superstar" factor. The big problems started in 99 when he no-showed almost every show he was booked for and wasn't able to make a difference in business, that's when he became a huge waste of money like 99% of the things WCW did during the mid 99-01 period.

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
Rodman and Malone were not bad with the roles they had for WCW. Rodman easily fit with the nWo. I wish DDP had gotten Shaq in his corner tho.

But yeah.....Jay Leno was about as good as his wrestling as his late night comedy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts