Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone praises it, yet if I were to ask you the last time a presidential election had two viable candidates for president, I bet most of you wouldnt be able to think of one.

76 percent of the country thinks were on the wrong track, yet everyone keeps defending business as usual. IDK guys, my confidence in our system in general is beginning to waver.

· Registered
953 Posts
Everyone praises it, yet if I were to ask you the last time a presidential election had two viable candidates for president, I bet most of you wouldnt be able to think of one.

76 percent of the country thinks were on the wrong track, yet everyone keeps defending business as usual. IDK guys, my confidence in our system in general is beginning to waver.
Issue become what's "viable" another issue is for mang its "my way" or nothing which means they'll never have two viable picks. Cause the other side is "bad" without fail evreytime

Which of course isn't actually true a 100% of the time. People are just stuck in their ways and convinced they can't be wrong or someone who doesn't share their views can be good

· Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
democracy is a sick joke when you take into account just how little the average person knows about politics

when u have a lung problem you go to a doctor who treats lungs

when u get a dui you go to a lawyer

but have a problem with your government and you have to ask literally every motherfucker in this country, 80 percent of which cant be assed to learn a goddamn thing about the process and just go with who the stat quo likes/ whos more handsome

hooray democracy!

· Registered
15,756 Posts

76% of the country think yet they kept electing the same parties over and over in Congress so I have zero sympathy.

If you choose to elect candidates just so you get one over over or 'own' another group that's on you unfortunately.

You only have to look at the voting records of the two main US parties and if you are not in top 0.01% of wealth in the country or a huge corporation you should not vote for one of them lol

· Registered
9,175 Posts

Tribalism. Too many people hate the other side for reasons that they have been conditioned to. Too many people view people on the other side - not just leadership, but regular citizens - as evil, if not even inhuman. It’s not the recipe for a functioning democracy, but left unchecked the stepping stone to Cambodia, Yugoslavia, or Rawanda.

· Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
76% of the country think yet they kept electing the same parties over and over in Congress so I have zero sympathy.

If you choose to elect candidates just so you get one over over or 'own' another group that's on you unfortunately.

You only have to look at the voting records of the two main US parties and if you are not in top 0.01% of wealth in the country or a huge corporation you should not vote for one of them lol

They keep electing the same politicians because democracy is kinda bullshit and people in a democracy who are economically motivated to vote a certain way always is part of the downfall of democratic institutions the other being unearned wealth

· Banned
31,598 Posts
Demon crazy is just a bad idea in general. Not everyone is equipped to make collective decisions, especially if they're operating on the level of individual benefit. Too many radicals pulling the ship in opposing directions leave the situation ripe for infiltration, which is precisely what has happened and its ripples will continue for a while to come.

But I guess our world needed that energy for a while. Although it's good if you're starting to question the assumptions. They kinda stack up and it can get hard to see how many assumptions rely on other assumptions. House of cards and all that, except they're glued together and nobody noticed.

Don't wanna get too deep into it as we've all kind of invested our whole lives into these sorts of ideas and it can get uncomfortable putting them up for challenge, but as long as we continue to think only what we've been educated to think on, then we're at the mercy of the apex predator (not Randy Orton, the entity or entities he borrowed the name from).

· Registered
1,322 Posts
the USA isn’t a democracy you dopes. Maybe if they didn’t take out the pledge of allegiance from schools due to commie dems some of you would know we are a constitutional REPUBLIC.

shows how clueless 90% of the public is. “I pledge allegiance…to the flag…of the United States of America…and to the REPUBLIC… OF WHICH IT STANDS….one nation under god ”.

· Registered
128 Posts
What do you mean by viable? As for the other point you made the problem is the corruption in Washington. The majority of people no matter the party people want some form of universal healthcare yet it still hasn't been passed. They want the rich to stop getting away with loopholes in avoiding taxes. They wanted the troops out of Afghanistan a long time ago. They wanted the greedy pharmaceutical companies to be reeled in. Democrats and Republicans like the status quo as do the wealthy such as those in the mainstream media. It won't be until they feel unbearable pressure from the public that things will change.

· Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Unless Trump wins, then it's democratic, right?

Why would I care about what happens with Zion Don? like the man is an embarrassment because he would not take the L.. like even if Biden cheated.. Donny T still lost! there really is no such thing as cheating in an election.. it's kind of like a no disqualification match in that respect.

But tell me this montel, do you think anybody is satisfied with the general direction of this country on either side of the aisle? Na, nobody is happy! at least in some dictatorships you can get in good with the dictator right?

· Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
the USA isn’t a democracy you dopes. Maybe if they didn’t take out the pledge of allegiance from schools due to commie dems some of you would know we are a constitutional REPUBLIC.

shows how clueless 90% of the public is. “I pledge allegiance…to the flag…of the United States of America…and to the REPUBLIC… OF WHICH IT STANDS….one nation under god ”.

I get what you are saying but I was using the two interchangeable because honestly neither system really works anymore. A problem like the national debt would never have happened under a monarchy to the extent that it has. because a monarch can't just say "oh I'm only in office for 8 years? pass the buck down!"

Now the monarchy has its problems too. but I just hate the reflexive defense that people have to give for democracy

· Registered
Andrew Tate iubeşte cârnații
7,105 Posts
Why would I care about what happens with Zion Don? like the man is an embarrassment because he would not take the L.. like even if Biden cheated.. Donny T still lost! there really is no such thing as cheating in an election.. it's kind of like a no disqualification match in that respect.

But tell me this montel, do you think anybody is satisfied with the general direction of this country on either side of the aisle? Na, nobody is happy! at least in some dictatorships you can get in good with the dictator right?
There is such thing as cheating if you rig an election. This did not happen in this place though. Fair play!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts