Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am gonna call this now and someone just like they proved the rock wasn't punching his opponents needs to prove to me that these kicks aren't really hurting the WWE superstars. After watching SS and kaval vs ziggler I am now thinking that they are gonna have to cut down a little on these kicks to the head. Because if that match didn't stop soon enough ziggler was gonna get a serious head injury.

List of ppl who do these dangerous kicks are:

Daniel Bryan
Rey M
Kaval

I know their is more but can't remember right now. Someone prove that these kicks are not all that horrible to another superstar.

·
Legend
1,715 Posts
Do you mean not sure if I am serious.
Yeah he does mean that, just using some joker lingo lol.

Anyways, they probably hurt like hell. So do punches, chops, etc. It just depends how real they are. You really don't know if there working stiff unless you ask the wrestlers yourself :confused:. If they are "real" and are causing damage, then they will ban kicks to the head..... or to the back of the head at least. It's not that big of a deal.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
The guys that feature a lot of kicks in their arsenal all wear kick pads to soften the blow (Danielson, Kaval, Punk, Gabriel to name a few). I'm sure that they still sting a little but every move is going to have some impact. I'd much rather take a kick to the chest than a knife-edged chop.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I know chops are tolerable but damn these kicks are fun to watch but look like they are not fun for the super stars I mean one 2 or maybe 3 but Kaval said ah screw it ziggler can take it.

Really you would rather take a knife edge chop? I don't know if I would want a full blown kick to the chest.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
I know chops are tolerable but damn these kicks are fun to watch but look like they are not fun for the super stars I mean one 2 or maybe 3 but Kaval said ah screw it ziggler can take it.

Really you would rather take a knife edge chop? I don't know if I would want a full blown kick to the chest.
The kicks are designed to look brutal but actually be relatively safe. Pointing your toes downward and keeping your lower leg straight increases the surface area that hits your opponent, thus spreading the impact and making it less painful. A pointed-toe kick, like if you were kicking a soccer ball, would be much more dangerous. Also, unless there's a botch, 99% of kicks land on highly muscled areas like your pecs or traps and not bony places like the skull or sternum.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The kicks are designed to look brutal but actually be relatively safe. Pointing your toes downward and keeping your lower leg straight increases the surface area that hits your opponent, thus spreading the impact and making it less painful. A pointed-toe kick, like if you were kicking a soccer ball, would be much more dangerous. Also, unless there's a botch, 99% of kicks land on highly muscled areas like your pecs or traps and not bony places like the skull or sternum.
Hmm thanks something I think I need to look into. And I am starting to lose the meaning for the term troll. I thought trolls were user who spam way too much garbage not ask someone to explain something on a internet forum.

·
I recycle.
1,281 Posts
Dolph actually ducked into that kick to take it in the face, he thought it was a stomach or chest shot and was going to grab it. They kick harder to the chest and stomach because it's easier to absorb, he just got it in the face and took it pretty well was barely any blood.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
I actually missed the Kaval kick to Ziggler that has injured him, anyone know at what point in the match it was?

Oh, and it's still real to you, dammit.

·
GOAT
4,523 Posts
I think that Kaval's kick on Ziggler was more misplaced than too hard, even a half powered kick to the nose will hurt like fuck and possibly/probably break it.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
I actually missed the Kaval kick to Ziggler that has injured him, anyone know at what point in the match it was?
5 - 5 1/2 minutes in. Kaval's trademark cartwheel roundhouse to the guy in the corner, only Ziggles obviously didn't know the spot and copped one in the face because of it.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Don't people like Daniel Bryan and Rey usually do a thigh slap when they do a big head kick? Not that often that I see them actually connecting with a skull jarring shot to the head.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Don't people like Daniel Bryan and Rey usually do a thigh slap when they do a big head kick? Not that often that I see them actually connecting with a skull jarring shot to the head.
All wrestlers do, but that wasn't an intentional kick to the head. Watch Kaval's other matches, he does the same spot, only without the other walking nose first into a boot.

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
Yeah. If you watch Bryan closely, quite often he doesn't thigh slap when kicking the chest and lets the kick pad make the sound, but for head kicks he does. If you see the roundhouse kick he won with on the Old School Raw, it wasn't stiff at all.

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
Weird that people here are focusing on Kaval's boot to the face of Ziggles, and there's like no mention of Bryan's missile dropkick straight to DiBiase's face.

When I saw that I fucking cringed, especially in the replay.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts