Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is specifically about Postmates delivery drivers (app where you order food, the driver collects the food and delivers it to you). First, my expectations for a delivery driver, what I think their job entails (please correct me if I'm wrong).

1) I order food through the Postmates App.
2) Driver goes to restaurant to pick up food (ideally checking for accuracy)
3) Driver leaves restaurant and delivers food to the address specified on the order
4) Person at the address collects food, tips and enjoys

If you're a delivery driver let me know if those are not how delivering food works.

Why the fuck are the Postmates drivers complete pieces of shit? 3 times I didn't get my food. I understand a delay; driver getting to restaurant and the food has yet to be made, the driver has to place to order, the food is wrong, the driver is doing other deliveries on the way to me, etc. How the fuck do you arrive at the address, pull over, mark the food as delivered, then drive off and not deliver it? 3 fucking times this has happened.

I have a light on my house which shows my address. I open my door so just the screen door is open, indicating I'm expecting someone. I get a notification the driver is near and I'll poke my head out every minute or so. Twice, I've literally fucking seen the driver slowly driving down the street, waved them down, and they still drive off. I've literally stepped into the street and waved my arms - seen the driver stop - then sill pull away. Then, they mark the shit as delivered. I have to give them no tip and file an issue with Postmates to get a refund. it's clear I can't use that service in my city.

How fucking hard is it to be a Postmates delivery driver? How do you fuck up "delivering" food? There's an address where you take the food and deliver it. Do the deliver drivers forget the fucking "delivery" part? Jesus fucking Christ. Do they only allow fucking morons to deliver the food? This doesn't happen on Grubhub; doesn't happen if I get Dominos or some shit. How fucking minimal are the requirements at Postmates that they let brain dead fucking morons work for them?

·
Registered
535 Posts
Well if the requirements are the same as Grubhub, then all you need is a driver's license and a background check. My guess is those driver's were looking for a free meal on you.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
I use DoorDash myself, and this has only happened once. Luckily, the company gave me instant DoorDash credit so I could order again.

Also, once the driver picks up the food, they give you their Cell Number so you can communicate with them. Didn’t help with the one and only incident I’ve had since the dude had his phone silenced, but still.

·
Premium Member
17,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I use DoorDash myself, and this has only happened once. Luckily, the company gave me instant DoorDash credit so I could order again.

Also, once the driver picks up the food, they give you their Cell Number so you can communicate with them. Didn’t help with the one and only incident I’ve had since the dude had his phone silenced, but still.
Most likely the driver stole your food. Use Uber eats or DoorDash. Postmates is useless.
Yeah. I got a free month of Grubhub and they encourage contacting the driver. However, I've not had a problem with Grubhub drivers. I used the first delivery coupon for DoorDash, but after that their service fees were too high and they increase menu item prices (literally saw this).

I deleted all the apps yesterday. I'm just going to call the restaurant directly and see if they offer takeout or delivery. Oddly, I've called some restaurants (chains like Cheescake Factory and Burgatory) and they direct me to grubhub or DoorDash. They won't take orders over the phone. Stupid. At least 2 months into the lockdown you would think they'd be desperate to make a buck.

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
I use Postmates and Doordash fairly regularly they are both pretty solid but Postmates prices are generally lower. I have Postmates Unlimited. I have done Grubhub but it seems like the other 2 are better suited for me in my area. I haven't had any bad issues with my delivery drivers. A local Mexican restaurant I ordered from Sunday was pissed because they listed all their prices cheaper than in restaurant. I got Chicken Fajitas and it was easily enough for 2 and it was $9 and in store it is $11.50 and pretty much everything was atleast a quarter to a dollar cheaper. I was getting them delivered a lot in March when dining was shut down and they weren't available on any Delivery service but last week they showed back up. They tried to refuse to take the order but my Postmate was already there within 5 minutes of me ordering so they took it but yelled at the poor guy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts