Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
8,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who else immediately said, "give this guy the fucking belt, he's ready!" after watching that?

It was his best mic performance since entering the WWE thus far, and that's saying a lot.

When he busted out the "you think you know me" on Edge, even the marks I was watching with who'd ususually boo the heel couldn't help but smirk at that.

Twas an epic performance.

2011 will no doubt be the year of ALBERTO DEL RIO..... but you already knew that. ;)

·
Premium Member
5,644 Posts
An Edge/Del Rio feud sets up a Matt Hardy moment for Christian at the Royal Rumble. It's like we've come full circle since Christians original return.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hoping for Edge/Del Rio/Christian for the title at Wrestlemania with Del Rio coming out champ and Christian turning heel to fued with Egde after.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
after seeing that promo i realised this guy really is good. i was starting to think that way and really was impressed when i read a recent interview where he said he uses inspiration from all the assholes he meets into his character. the match was great to. im just glad to see people who actually are talented.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
I haven't seen the promo yet but I've been really impressed with all of his promos so far so I'm not suprised he cut a really good one. He should be a World Champion very soon, the sooner the better because Smackdown hasn't been all that great while Kane was champion.

·
Asuka
96,358 Posts
Well, I was calling for him to win the belt not too long after he got there, so that promo didn't change anything, but it was certainly a nice performance, as usual.

He's going to have to win it soon to try to repair the state that SmackDown is currently in. We need the guy carrying the show to be the champion, and that's him.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I don't think he is ready. He has the potential to be a good champion but it's too early for him. He is talented but not that much! And you need to give credit to Edge for that promo because I thought he did a great work hyping the match which should have been the main event, not that horrible Barrett-Cena match!

·
Asuka
96,358 Posts
He's perfectly ready to be a world champion. There isn't one single thing that he DOESN'T excel at. Just because it's early, so what? They'll give it to an untalented clown like Sheamus this early...

·
Registered
621 Posts
He's perfectly ready to be a world champion. There isn't one single thing that he DOESN'T excel at. Just because it's early, so what? They'll give it to an untalented clown like Sheamus this early...
Sheamus has much better looks and is as good if not better than Rio on the mic. And just because WWE made a few mistakes with Sheamus by giving him the title too early doesn't mean they should made that mistake again . Del Rio is good and telented but he is no Lesnar, so he need to earn the title and at this point he is doesn't deserve the title. But if he continues his work at the same level he will be a champion in the next 1-2 years!

·
Asuka
96,358 Posts
Sheamus has much better looks and is as good if not better than Rio on the mic. And just because WWE made a few mistakes with Sheamus by giving him the title too early doesn't mean they should made that mistake again . Del Rio is good and telented but he is no Lesnar, so he need to earn the title and at this point he is doesn't deserve the title. But if he continues his work at the same level he will be a champion in the next 1-2 years!
Sheamus has a horrible look, he looks like a clown, and he's terrible on the mic. He's got marginal charisma but his delivery is trash. He's nowhere near as good as ADR is.

Giving him the title wouldn't be a mistake. He's been built up, he's red hot, and he's talented. Sheamus was horrible, and on top of it, he had zero build. He's already earned his title. All you can do to earn a title is perform at the highest level and he's done that. He's carrying SmackDown on his back. Have you compared him to the rest of the show? God, it's TERRIBLE. Nothing but good could come from him winning. The last 2 champions are broken down messes.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Sheamus has a horrible look, he looks like a clown, and he's terrible on the mic. He's got marginal charisma but his delivery is trash. He's nowhere near as good as ADR is.

Giving him the title wouldn't be a mistake. He's been built up, he's red hot, and he's talented. Sheamus was horrible, and on top of it, he had zero build. He's already earned his title. All you can do to earn a title is perform at the highest level and he's done that. He's carrying SmackDown on his back. Have you compared him to the rest of the show? God, it's TERRIBLE. Nothing but good could come from him winning. The last 2 champions are broken down messes.
I think Edge deserved the title more than Alberto because his work has improved vastly the last few months. He was at terrible shape after his return then WWE didn't knew how to use him but know his gimmick is O.K., his ring work has improved and so is his mic work I do think he can work good as a face again -it was hard for him but he did it. A Edge-Aberto feud would be entertaining, but the big feud would be Christian-Edge for Mania 2011 and Christian winning his first WWE championship. But I can see Del Rio as champion next year , like I said he needs a good story to do it or a few month of consistant work. But I can't agree about Sheamus - the guy is not only very charismatic but is very big, probably has the best body in WWE now and has a unique look, very recognisable. And his mic work is very underrated in this forum as for his ring work, well he that's not his high point he is at the level of Cena. Alberto is good on the mic, nothing unique but very solid, has good gimmick and is a good wrestler but I am still waiting for that BIG Alberto singles match , he had a couple of good matches but nothing breath taking.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,588 Posts
Ok, first of all Sheamus doesnt suck. probably one of the best new the best new talents in the company. They fucked up his push but the man has talent and is still improving.

Second, HOLY FUCK WHAT A BUMP! How the hell they let Alberto go through with something that dangerous boggles the mind! Seriously my god that bump coulda killed him.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts