Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
6,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Obviously Wrestlemania is still a good bit away. Right now The Corre are the only stable on the Smackdown brand, and I don't think Smackdown needs another one. What I am suggesting is that The Corre disband right after Wrestlemania. Thus, setting up Alberto to find some help, or back up.

Alberto Del Rio may not win his first Wrestlemania title match, but I am banking he will. As much as I hate to say it he is going to be a "huge" star. His wrestling alone is the only reason why I like him. Other than that he is exactly what Alex Riley said he was this past Raw. His character isn't much in my opinion.

Del Rio needs some help, and I think the WWE should consider possibly rehiring some stars they cut many moons ago. However, let me get to those former stars in a second. Del Rio needs a valet, and the perfect woman right now would have to be Melina who would then have to jump ship to Smackdown. She is perfect for him, and has a nasty side to her.

This may sound god awful, but re-hire both Ricky Ortiz (new name Ricardo Ortiz), and Eric Escobar keeping his name. Both men especially Ortiz need to have different looks. Those two would eventually be a tag team. However, the point here is for Alberto to constantly remind people that his new people are better now because they are with him. As for a name, I'm not really sure, and don't really care to name them. Maybe Del Rio N' Company? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
Well he does have his ring announcer who is a legitimate wrestler. I'm sure that'll become known to the WWE Universe on screen soon enough.

·
GOAT
4,523 Posts
Well he does have his ring announcer who is a legitimate wrestler. I'm sure that'll become known to the WWE Universe on screen soon enough.
They didn't help by making him look like a joke against Conor O'Brien, I've heard that he's pretty talented in the ring.

·
Registered
5 Posts
JBL, in the golden times, had jordan at his disposal. however i dont think ADR needs anybody. while some heels need a friend or somebody to look their backs and help them win matches, ADR already has ricardo rodrigues and even if he is not set as a wrestler, he is enough for him.

ADR is set to be a great champ and to win his matches with little or no help.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
They didn't help by making him look like a joke against Conor O'Brien, I've heard that he's pretty talented in the ring.
Yeah I guess, but they treat us fans like we have no memory so that shouldn't hold him back.

They'll probably start by having him interfere quite physically in a few matches - then whoever the GM is puts him in a tag match with Del Rio and we actually discover he's quite good.

Heck they can even go as far as to suggest on air that Del Rio has paid the best instructors to train Rodriguez.

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
They did toy with the idea of pairing him with Rosa Mendes about 3 months ago. I remember there was a segment where he was backstage looking at one of his cars and she walked by, causing them to have a little interaction. Hopefully she's improved since managing Zack Ryder.

Other than that, Ricardo Rodriguez is a brilliant on-air personality. He's basically ADR's very own Alex Riley.

·
Registered
863 Posts
- they shouldn't disband the Corre, it doesn't make sense to disband a group that is over and still relatively young, well we know they are the Nexus + Zeke, just to start a new group and try to get them over and thus effectively leave every member of the Corre without purpose (new group will most likely be going after titles and taking up the screen time)

- ADR doesn't need a posse, he's got his personal announcer, he doesn't need more goons. Particularly people that didn't make it on their own, they'll solely be relying on his heat and ADR doesn't draw a huge crowd reaction to begin with. A valet, I also don't know, his entrance, particularly his pyro would make choreographing it difficult.

- I don't think ADR will win at WM he'll come close, but lose. I think he's good butto make him a champion this early may not be such a good thing, think Sheamus and Swagger. I think he needs to do something shocking first ( I know he won the rumble but note the crowd reaction to him winning) b4 winning the title. It just seems like they are forcing it and it could work but I think his not winning could work better

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
The man who made Ray tap out cleanly in his first appearance on Smackdown needs help? I don't think so.

However, if they do choose to go down this foolish avenue, Ricardo and his current NEXT rookie are more than enough to sustain him. I reckon they can also have him start courting Vicky once she dumps Ziggler for being a loser. I really don't want it to come to that.

Reactions: The_Gizzame™

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
- ADR doesn't need a posse, he's got his personal announcer, he doesn't need more goons. Particularly people that didn't make it on their own, they'll solely be relying on his heat and ADR doesn't draw a huge crowd reaction to begin with. A valet, I also don't know, his entrance, particularly his pyro would make choreographing it difficult.
Steal the Mercedes gimmick Lex Luthor has. Hot chick is his driver. Probably no, since that works better with a limousine.

Reactions: The_Gizzame™

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
I guess it's only fitting that JBL 2.0 have a stable or some kind of group of his own. If he did get one his version of The Cabinet should have better members than the Basham Bros.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
For Ricardo Rodriguez wrestling, you can simply use a superman tactic for his first match :D

1. Announcing Del Rio
2. Is beaten and flees backstage
3. Del Rio has problems who can save him ?
4. Unknown masked wrestler (Chimera) runs to the ring and saves him.

You can for the tag team matches of Del Rio and Chimera use lame and comedy excuses to hide his secret identity (toilets, influenza, jealousy between Chimera and Ricardo) until a shocking revelation of his identity once the wrestler is well established.

:rolleyes: They are able to hide the secret identity of a GM , they can do that too.

In fact if you really need a wrestler to protect him, I can only advise to bring his cousin (yes Del Rio's real life cousin) into the ring. His name is Aaron R. Rodríguez. You surely know him under the names of Sicodelico, Jr., Psychodelico, Jr. , Aaron Rodriguez , El Sicodelico and Espiral. He fought in FCW in 2009 :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sicodelico,_Jr.

You can aslo bring Black Gordman, Jr who is another of his cousins or even Hijo del Sicodelico ^^'

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Del Rio is a formidable fighter in kayfabe land, unlike Miz, Del Rio doesn't need lackeys. Del Rio can hold on his own, giving him lackeys will ruin his character.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Del Rio is a formidable fighter in kayfabe land, unlike Miz, Del Rio doesn't need lackeys. Del Rio can hold on his own, giving him lackeys will ruin his character.
He IS a formidable fighter, he fought in MMA for a while, I think he record was 9 wins, 1 loss or something

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Re-hire Ricky Ortiz, that would be killing Del Rio's career. Ortiz got a push and how did it end future endeavored

1 - 20 of 23 Posts