Wrestling Forum banner

Del Rio Pin??

2082 Views 19 Replies 17 Participants Last post by  NoLeafClover
Just a thought that hit me during this Elimination Chamber match.... Has Alberto Del Rio ever won a match in WWE via pinfall??
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Banned
4,446 Posts
Making faces tap out in the PG era that caters to faces is a great idea

· Registered
1,252 Posts
Who cares as long as he have nice cars and a nice submission move.. The cross armbreaker.. :D

· Registered
3,506 Posts
stg slaughter

· Registered
118 Posts
I think he could use a non-submission finisher. The flip on the armbar looks pretty sloppy the majority of the time. I would imagine it's very hard to synchronize the flips b/t the wrestlers. However, it does look amazing when hit correctly though.

Anyone have video of his Military Press into a German Suplex finisher???

Edit: I found a vid, but that finisher wasn't what I expected. I was thinking he'd German Suplex him in mid-air when dropping the guy!

The "Tiejeras De Reversa" is so cool!! This would be a sweet secondary finisher. Watch at 1:20:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFIq8l-hdGM&feature=related

· Registered
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm not saying that him having a submission move as his finisher is a bad thing... I'm just asking if he has ever pinned someone for the win, and yeah I remember him pinning Slaughter now that you mentioned it :)

But yeah, if he becomes World Champion I for one believe that he needs a second finisher, and that it shouldn't be a submission move :)

· BLUE IS BACK
15,758 Posts
i do think he needs another move

CM Punk has a submission too anaconda vice but he also has GTS

Kurt had ankle lock but also the Olympic slam

benoit had diving head butt on top of cross face
Punk never uses the anaconda vice. Beniot diving headbutt wasn't even a finisher, ever

and Del Rio pinned slaughter, and i think he pinned JoMo??

· The Winds of Change
5,604 Posts
I would rather have 10 submission victories to my name than 20 pinfall victories. A tap out is much more convincing than a pinfall (most of the time).

But like people have said, he had a few against Slaughter and Morrison I guess. I'm not keeping track. What I am keeping track of, is the people he has slapped that Cross Armbreaker on to whether in a match or outside of it and either made them tap for mercy then or took them out of commission.

· The Winds of Change
5,604 Posts
point still stands it makes you more unpredictable

look at Jericho he uses code breaker and walls of jericho
Lol, the Walls turned into a fucking signature move the last year or so before Jericho left WWE. Even in the Raw vs. Smackdown 2011 videogame, the Walls was a signature move for Jericho, not a finisher (I obviously changed that immediately :) And can I also say that the fact that there is no Lionsault in the game is utter bullshit?)

Anyway, I can't think of the last time he made a legitimate person tap out to it, besides JTG or The Great Khali. Hopefully once he returns he starts making people tap to it again. And while he's at it, bring back the Liontamer!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.