Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After last week's raw and reading the comments about some house shows it seems that ADR is going "the miz" way as a champion, the cowardly heel who is afraid the wrath of John Cena . Now this role , somewhat, suited the miz because of his physique but is absolutely stupid when it comes to Del Rio who looks and wrestles like a guy that is a legitimate threat to John Cena . If this is the WWE' idea of creating new stars then it's no wonder that they have created none in the last five years . I wish they do something original and let Del Rio shine, wrestling wise , even if he loses the feud in the end instead of destroying another character. If this type of heel is annoying for guys like the Miz and Christian , it is completely moronic with a guy the size and toughness (he has shown in the ring thus far in his career) of Del Rio.

·
Registered
290 Posts
It's WWE booking bro. Triple H in his prime as a heel when we was feuding with the likes of Austin,Cactus Jack and The Rock was the biggest coward ever.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Hopefully they book him better than Miz. I guess we'll see at NOC. If he pins Cena, even with Ricardo's help (he is a heel after all), then that'll be good. If he retains via a bullshit DQ or countout victory, then get ready for another Swagger, Sheamus, Chrisitan, Miz style shitty title reign.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
ya the coward really only works if he has a small group with legit guys, hes actually small, or if he is willing to wrestle straight up, but not say get into a cage with a face. Now its always run run run, remember legacy? 3 guys in the ring a face comes running and everyone runs away. i dont need everyone to be like hhh kicking ass, but every heel needs to be different and geared toward their style and build. del rio should be the type of heel because of the whole destiny gimmick to believe he could beat taker with one arm. he should be challenging anyone and everyone. heck every week he could challenge a low card guy and have a decent 10 min match where he makes them tap. He would at least build the i dont fear anyone card. they could make excuses for not facing top guys like hes waiting for cena or he believe in destiny and wants to give a guy a chance in a jerk way.... but something other than oooh im a heel i should run from a 5 yr old if i could

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
To be a heel and get booed (isn't that what people complain about with Del Rio... no heat?) you need to use heel tactics that will be perceived as cowardly. There isn't much of a way to get around that.

·
Rat-a-....ing-tat.
1,171 Posts
Del Rio has been built up to look as a massive threat to Cena by winning cleanly and subsequently beating up his opponents but booked to look cowardly as of late because, guess what? Cena was built up himself to look like the ultimate goal for every superstar to achieve. He's Superman. You can't have Lex show off as much of a threat against him because his victory wouldn't seem as such an accomplishment.

Merely having Cena get fucked up by Del Rio week in and week out wouldn't help his cred one bit if he was to lastly go over. Would you rather have ADR beating a battered housewive, that at the end of the day wouldn't go down on history, or an unstoppable force in John Cena?

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
Hopefully they book him better than Miz. I guess we'll see at NOC. If he pins Cena, even with Ricardo's help (he is a heel after all), then that'll be good. If he retains via a bullshit DQ or countout victory, then get ready for another Swagger, Sheamus, Chrisitan, Miz style shitty title reign.
This. Exactly. Night Of Champions will determine how he's booked and honestly if he's generic heel #5000, then it's just going to invite him to fall down the card. WWE needs strong heels to challenge.

Although, he's one that WWE likes to protect. So he won't have a terrible run like Swagger or Christian. That's for sure.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
Alberto Del Rio is a coward in real life
Excellent contribution and so factual. The guy was a cage fighter at one point... not exactly a career choice of the yellah-bellied. Your posts are ridiculous sometimes.

Anyway, it's simple - Cena is t3h superman so even the brave heels turn into snivelling wrecks when they have to face him.

To me though, ADR is just a typical bully heel. He's not remotely cowardly when he is against someone weaker, then shows his true colours against someone who's above his level.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
WWE booking is awful much of the time.
As people have pointed out, all heels get portrayed as cowardly when going up against the top faces.
It's stupid and outdated, but the WWE doesn't like change.

Everyone with a functional brain knows that Del Rio would kill Cena.

·
Registered
825 Posts
WWE does the same crap over and over again. Put the belt on a heel who isn't ready. Make them look weak. Feed them to the Cena machine. Bury them. Wonder why nobody ever gets over. Rinse and repeat.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
WWE booking is awful much of the time.
As people have pointed out, all heels get portrayed as cowardly when going up against the top faces.
It's stupid and outdated, but the WWE doesn't like change.

Everyone with a functional brain knows that Del Rio would kill Cena.
Untill they aren't in a real fight , it could go either way. And by adding 'everyone with a functional brain to your line' doesn't make it correct.

On topic :
Del Rio is booked as a coward heel and that was before he feuded with Cena. It's the way WWE books their top heels if they aren't big as Henry or Sheamus.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I dunno prior to this I didn't view Del Rio as "cowardly". He came off as more of an early HHH pompous heel that would certainly dodge fights and be a weasel/opportunist attacker but once he was actually in a real match he was a credible threat with his armbar submission. Basically in his actual matches he never resorted to winning dirty or running away from a fight as far as I can remember.

Now he is NOT a credible in ring threat vs Cena because you could have the figure four, the armbar and Hell's Gate on him at once and he would not tap out and probably find a way to power out of all three simultaneously.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Rather then running away shouldn't Del Rio out smarten Cena so the fans ya know want Cena to prevail?

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
Standard wwe booking. Rock was acting cowardly towards Austin in their WM19 feud, covering himself with the Sacramento police even at one point

1 - 20 of 20 Posts