·
Banned
2,229 Posts
I actually like Del Rio, why do people hate him so much? lol

·
Asuka
96,210 Posts
I actually like Del Rio, why do people hate him so much? lol
A ~ The IWC hates every main eventer on the roster. EVERY main eventer. Doesn't even matter if he was their favourite wrestler beforehand.

B ~ OMG HE ISN'T OVER LOLZ. As if they have any stake in that as fans. Hell, if these people were booking, no one would be over in amidst random face and heel turns that make no sense, people being depushed right when they get popular being they're suddenly "overrated" and all the other problems that would arise from the IBC. That's Internet Booking Community for short, FYI.

Del Rio is a supremely talented guy. Elite level worker, great charisma, great mic skills for a guy who's pretty new to the English language, fantastic heel mannerisms. He probably isn't too over because he's too smart a wrestler for the common audience. The average people don't want that, they want goofy stereotypes they can laugh at like Sheamus.

·
Banned
2,229 Posts
A ~ The IWC hates every main eventer on the roster. EVERY main eventer. Doesn't even matter if he was their favourite wrestler beforehand.

B ~ OMG HE ISN'T OVER LOLZ. As if they have any stake in that as fans. Hell, if these people were booking, no one would be over in amidst random face and heel turns that make no sense, people being depushed right when they get popular being they're suddenly "overrated" and all the other problems that would arise from the IBC. That's Internet Booking Community for short, FYI.

Del Rio is a supremely talented guy. Elite level worker, great charisma, great mic skills for a guy who's pretty new to the English language, fantastic heel mannerisms. He probably isn't too over because he's too smart a wrestler for the common audience. The average people don't want that, they want goofy stereotypes they can laugh at like Sheamus.
Spot on

·
Registered
264 Posts

nailed it.(Y)

·
#OVER
11,548 Posts

I actually dislike Del Rio because I find his promos to be tedious.

·
Asuka
96,210 Posts
I actually dislike Del Rio because I find his promos to be tedious.
I guess that's fair. We all know EXACTLY what he's gonna say every time he opens his mouth, and even though wrestling is based on repetition, in his case, the repetition goes too far, to where he cuts the same promo every time he talks, but like so many things, it's a creative issue. I know main eventers do have some pull in what they say, but he wouldn't as a brand new one.

·
#OVER
11,548 Posts
I guess that's fair. We all know EXACTLY what he's gonna say every time he opens his mouth, and even though wrestling is based on repetition, in his case, the repetition goes too far, to where he cuts the same promo every time he talks, but like so many things, it's a creative issue.
If he changed it up a bit then he'd probably get over and I'd probably enjoy his work a bit more. But at the moment I just can't get into anything he does. He just seems irrelevant, which is crazy considering he is the WWE Champion.

·
Banned
2,229 Posts
As long as Cena ain't champ I don't care if Del Rio is champ, heck I would rather have funaki return and become champ, fuck that shit

·
Premium Member
4,254 Posts
Del Rio himself isn't a disaster. He's a very talented guy and could realistically be a very successful superstar. The way he is being booked is a disaster. There was no need for Del Rio to cash in as soon as he did. He has a goofy character that no-one wants to boo and with good reason. This isn't the 1980's. Del Rio's persona is like that of someone would feud with Hulk Hogan during the golden era. Del Rio's character needs a complete overhaul. Rich snobs are just not going to make a crowd boo nowadays. Take the title off him and take him of TV until WWE figure out a way to use him to his full potential and not give him a crappy gimmick.

·
Registered
16,307 Posts
Del Rio is great in the ring, just he needs a new gimmick and a way to make people hate him becuase to be hoenst no one even gives a damn, people need to believe you before you can become champion, people cant believe you by being champions, its called proving yourself. :p

·
Registered
3,508 Posts

I agree with you in all the points except the shoot at Sheamus. Sheamus has a unique look(pale skin, red hair, crosses theme), and the Celtic Warrior gimmick is enormous. I don't see in what he's goofy. I suposse some people prefers the exagerately taned guys or something...
But yes, Del Río is great. Has a real gimmick, great facial expressions, wrestles very well, has charisma and "micro"... It's dumb seeing the crowd underreacting.

·
Asuka
96,210 Posts
If he changed it up a bit then he'd probably get over and I'd probably enjoy his work a bit more. But at the moment I just can't get into anything he does. He just seems irrelevant, which is crazy considering he is the WWE Champion.
I still love him anyway, but I can understand that. I imagine he doesn't want to do the same thing over and over again, either, but the thing is, he probably doesn't want to say the wrong thing and get depushed. WWE is a hostile political environment, and you need to be at a certain level to get away with things. I mean if Vince tells John Cena to do something and he says no, what's Vince gonna do, de-push John Cena? I don't think so, but a new main eventer doesn't have that luxury and if he tells them he wants to do this or this and Vince takes it the wrong way, which he probably would because he's a fucking lunatic, they could turn him into Swagger in a heartbeat.

I have noticed, however, WWE seems to have taken away the smiling heel persona and tried to make him more aggressive to try and get heat.

I agree with you in all the points except the shoot at Sheamus. Sheamus has a unique look(pale skin, red hair, crosses theme), and the Celtic Warrior gimmick is enormous. I don't see in what he's goofy. I suposse some people prefers the exagerately taned guys or something...

I've really tried, but with that look, there's just no way I can take him seriously. If he got a tan and combed his hair down, he'd have a good look, but the way he is, I'm too busy laughing at him to take him as a threat to anybody.

Not to mention, he's really not that talented. People go way overboard on him. He's average at best in everything.

·
Registered
880 Posts

Agree Del Rio is talented in the ring. But his current gimmick is beyond boring. Same predictable crap everytime. He doesn't do or say anything out of the ordinary to draw the viewer in.

Arn't you the same guy who despises Orton for being bland and getting a huge push????? Ok Orton doesn't have great mic skills, but as a heel he was at least getting a reaction wasn't he? Del Rio gets zero reaction everytime and has done nothing to deserve such a push. Unfortunately none of this matters to Vince because as we know, he pushes who he wants.

I think he should let Ricardo do the talking for him at all times, now that guy does have charisma.

1 - 20 of 133 Posts