Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first all i have yo say I'm totally down with Del Rio going to Mania he eliminated Borton he deserves a Knight Hood from the Queen of England just for that alone i marked huge when Barrett Eliminated Super Rey Rey :D haha and Miz topped it off by eliminating Superman himself to which i also marked lol and to then see the Cena kids face after the match when Del Rio won :flip .

·
Registered
261 Posts
Makes a change from HHH, Cena, Orton, Edge, Taker et al. Not having a go at them or anything, it's just nice to see some new faces dominating the programming.

Thought Punk was excellent again, he's the real MVP of the Rumble, after last year and now this. Great performance.

And holy fucking shit Morrison, WHAT A MANOUVURE!!!! :D

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Makes a change from HHH, Cena, Orton, Edge, Taker et al. Not having a go at them or anything, it's just nice to see some new faces dominating the programming.

Thought Punk was excellent again, he's the real MVP of the Rumble, after last year and now this. Great performance.

And holy fucking shit Morrison, WHAT A MANOUVURE!!!! :D
yup i marked at Morrison's amazing move on the barricade i was like :eek: and then :D this Rumble was 1 big mark out for me best Rumble in years .

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
The only thing i even remember Barret doing was eliminating Nash.
Wasn't even a factor tonight.

·
Registered
261 Posts
yup i marked at Morrison's amazing move on the barricade i was like :eek: and then :D this Rumble was 1 big mark out for me best Rumble in years .
Agreed, spinaroonie too :D

Glad Del Rio won, not sure who he'll face. Im getting bored of Edge (and I really like him) so not sure a program with him would interest me. He's done Mysterio so not a whole lot left on Smackdown.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The only thing i even remember Barret doing was eliminating Nash.
Wasn't even a factor tonight.
you call being 1 of the last 3 men in not a factor plus Eliminating one of the WWE s biggest buriers of young talent .

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Barrett looked mediocre, anyone could have taken his spot.
The Miz looked alright, though he's nothing without Reilly.
Del Rio looked like THE star of the show.
Ziggler was the best wrestler of the night.
Bryan and Punk were essential.

·
Asuka
^Take this off
96,574 Posts
Del Rio got the biggest boost of the night, and Miz is going to work a WrestleMania program with John Cena, which is probably equally big for him, but Barrett got nothing out of it. He may have lasted until the final four but it doesn't matter how close you get if you don't win.

·
Banned
5,663 Posts
Miz wrestled a shit match, not exactly impressive.

Barrett did nothing of note.

Del Rio won, yet I still can't think of anything that he actually did in the match.

The only people who actually did something that actually impressed me were Ziggler and Edge for wrestling a good opener and John Morrison for that one spot which was truly shocking.

·
Asuka
^Take this off
96,574 Posts
Not realy true in a general sense.
Oh, really? Then enlighten me, what exactly does it mean to be one of the last guys in the Royal Rumble? It certainly doesn't mean a guaranteed major push, because Santino, Ted Dibiase and Cody Rhodes have all been among the final 4 or 5 guys at the end of recent Rumbles and they're going nowhere.

Now, I'm damn sure not implying that Wade Barrett is treated on the same level as them, but it's a valid point nonetheless. The position he ended up with does not matter.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Now, I'm damn sure not implying that Wade Barrett is treated on the same level as them, but it's a valid point nonetheless. The position he ended up with does not matter.
In terms of WWE marketing it does have some bearing on the management's thinking and plans for the future. How anyone can mark out any wrestlers performance in a Royal Rumble as being good or bad is beyond me; they all work to a script, that's how it is and always will be. Amen.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.