Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe it's just me, but the guy smiles WAAAY TOO MUCH for a heel. You see 2000-Triple H, 1999-Vince, 1997 HBK all going round with a smile on their face 24/7? Sure it's ok when you want to mock your opponent but Del Rio even smiles after he's been slapped :/ How am I supposed to take that seriously? He reminds me of Jack Swagger when he used to go around just grinning like it was his birthday everyday.

·
Recognize
21,503 Posts
He makes it work though because he looks like an arrogant prick and it suits his character. You want to know somebody that needs to stop smiling? Orton. That completely goes against his character in EVERY way possible.

·
Asuka
96,380 Posts
Nah, he's awesome. It's great that he always smiles because it displays such a superiority complex. This guy is like the ultimate douchebag, he's entertaining, funny, and he's a good actor. (WWE stylized acting, I mean, of course)

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Promos not doing it yet for me but as a heel he couldn't be any better so yeah. People saying he is beyond JBL need to smack themselves tbh. But yeah he will go far just give him time.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
People compare him top JBL but JBL is 10x the heel he was. JBL made me hate him, and just wished Eddie would fuck him up. With Del Rio, he acts like a pussy and smiles too much. And yes, I like Evan Bourne. Aswell as The Uso's.

·
Asuka
96,380 Posts
I've got to admit, the booking of Del Rio is a little strange. He acts like a coward, but kayfabe wise, he's.....pretty good. I mean, he's not like Triple H or something, but he's proven capable of beating Mysterio of all people on his own, as well as guys like Morrison, who are going over former champions like Sheamus. He's not a weak heel who has to cheat, so it's weird. I could never figure out why he backed down from Christian. He had no problem with Rey but he's scared of Christian? :confused:

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
I've got to admit, the booking of Del Rio is a little strange. He acts like a coward, but kayfabe wise, he's.....pretty good. I mean, he's not like Triple H or something, but he's proven capable of beating Mysterio of all people on his own, as well as guys like Morrison, who are going over former champions like Sheamus. It's weird. I could never figure out why he backed down from Christian. He had no problem with Rey but he's scared of Christian? :confused:
Pyro this is what I am trying to get across to you he is not all that right now, but guarantee he is gonna be something in the future for sure, he definitely has the talent just needs the time seems as though people want the best out of someone way to early.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
What the FUCK are you talking about? The way his character is portrayed has NOTHING to do with his position in the company. He's a major part of SmackDown!.
fpalm nevermind I will just wait till he becomes the true superstar he should be.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
People compare him top JBL but JBL is 10x the heel he was. JBL made me hate him, and just wished Eddie would fuck him up. With Del Rio, he acts like a pussy and smiles too much. And yes, I like Evan Bourne. Aswell as The Uso's.
I actually was being sarcastic because i guess you don't like when heels smile too much because maybe according to you that trait should be only part of babyface character (like Evan Bourne), don't get me wrong i'm a huge Evan Bourne fan myself, but i just don't see anything wrong with Del Rio smiling, despite smiling too much i think his smile is different because it has douchebag-ish vibe to it, that's why i think he's a really great heel.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Pyro™;9073848 said:
I've got to admit, the booking of Del Rio is a little strange. He acts like a coward, but kayfabe wise, he's.....pretty good. I mean, he's not like Triple H or something, but he's proven capable of beating Mysterio of all people on his own, as well as guys like Morrison, who are going over former champions like Sheamus. He's not a weak heel who has to cheat, so it's weird. I could never figure out why he backed down from Christian. He had no problem with Rey but he's scared of Christian? :confused:
He's not scared, he just thinks Christian "can't handle him"....

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
I agree, JBL is vastly underrated. One of the all-time great heels imo.

ADR has the ability to be that good, though. He just does it in a different way than JBL. JBL had that cocky arrogance, ADR has more of a smug self-confidence.

Imo, ADR has the biggest upside by far of any of WWE's young heels.

I think you may be looking at ADR's character in the wrong way, though. ADR plays a far different kind of heel than the kinds we're used to, it's a very complex role. He seems to combine the qualities of a confident face with the characteristics of a vain, self-absorbed heel, and he pulls it off well.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts