Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Konnan recently appeared on the MLW.com podcast,and stated that Alberto Del Rio was ready to quit WWE and return to Mexico prior to being called up.

"The trainers over at FCW told me that when [Del Rio] came in, he was terrible. He said basically, I'm not making any money here [in developmental], I'm going home. My wife is pregnant and I'm out. I'm going back to Mexico."

"John Laurinaitis told one of the trainers, we're going to be inducting Mil Mascaras into the Hall of Fame and we kind of want someone to induct him. We need to push a Latino guy. Just put him on the road and see how he does."

·
Banned
344 Posts
Ummm....they called Del Rio up from FCW almost two years ago, and Mil was just inducted a few weeks ago. Did they really know back in 2010 that they would be inducting Mil?

·
Banned
6,531 Posts
What the fuck?

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,745 Posts
Yeh the dates their don't match up, but if he was only getting paid a standard developmental contract while he was in FCW I could see him wanting to go back to Mexico b/c he probably made more money in Mexico than the standard FCW develeopmental guy makes.

·
Registered
12,472 Posts
Konnan is a politician. I'd need to know a ton more backstory on this. Dos Caras was a midcarder in Mexico, Konnan probably feels better than him or something.

Was inducting Mil Mascaras vitally important that they needed ADR to do it?

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
They wanted to see how he'd do? Bullshit. he won the royal rumble within 4 or 5 months of debuting so they obviously had high hopes for him from the start not "let's put him on the road and see how he does"

·
Congratulations, you played yourself
9,528 Posts
I thought everyone knew he wanted to go back to Mexico while in FCW? He was apparently pissed they took the mask off him too.

Oh well, don't see how this is relevent. He's still one of the best wrestlers in the company.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Konnan's talking out of his ass. I doubt WWE were that bothered over bringing someone up to push them super hard so that 2 years later they could induct Mil Mascaras, someone most fans have never even heard of into the HoF. Hell, they didn't even televise his induction. They could have easily got a family member or Mysterio to do it too.

·
Rated R Superstar
14,586 Posts
Too bad he didn't quit, then we could have had someone in his place that actually gets a reaction and people actually care about.

·
Banned
18,555 Posts
It's a true story. Del Rio hated being in FCW because he was a top star in Mexico ergo being sent to the training facility he felt was beneath him. He basically busted a Punk: do something with me or I'm leaving so rather than risk having him leave, he was called up to the main roster before you know it.

- Vic

·
Registered
8,281 Posts
He was a big star in Mexico, he probably felt disrespected he had to work with garbage like Heath Slater and Michael Tarver at a training facility.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I don't doubt the part about ADR saying he was going to quit FCW, but the rest reeks of bullshit and Konnan should shut the fuck up. There's no way they brought that dude out and pushed the hell out of him the way they did for a HOF induction 2 years down the road for a guy most WWE fans never heard of and most wrestlers didn't like (I've never read one good thing about him, basically he's a douche).

·
Registered
21,621 Posts
Konnan's bull shitting here, blatantly. If WWE wanted a luchador to induct Mil Mascaras to the Hall of Fame I'm sure they could have got somebody like, errrm....Rey Mysterio perhaps!? Rather than call somebody up to the main roster 2 years in advance, give them a decent push and even make them WWE champion around the time of the hottest angle WWE's had in a decade (Punk's shoot.)

The only news here is that Konnan is either a liar or gullible.

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
LOL This comes from the dude that say after Rey he is the most famous Latino wrestler on the USA.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts