Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Few finishers have been built up as finishers that, once hit, took the out the opponent for good, maybe even injuring him. Finishers like Orton's Punt Kick, Undertaker's Hell's Gate, Jake Robert's DDT, Kobashi's Burning Hammer (maybe Show's WMD, since no one has kicked out of it yet, though he uses it almost every match) that were used far and in between and always meant a KO if they hit.

Which wrestlers in WWE atm have both the starpower and are credible enough to pull having one of these off? Orton and Taker seem to work out nicely, but I'd disagree on Show's because both of its simplicity and because of how much he spams it. Also, if anyone on the roster could use adding a move like these to their moveset, how would it be? Imo, maybe DB with an Omoplata or a Cloverleaf

·
Banned
1,787 Posts
I'm not sure what you are implying?

Who has a finisher that is worthy of being a instant burial? If that is the question I am going to go with no one.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wouldn't say the GTS is on that group simply because it isn't put over the same way and he uses it often on everyday matches (granted, Show does too, but still). It doesn't always mean lights out either - pretty sure I've seen at least a couple of people kicking out of it, though I can't recall who exactly.

I'm not sure what you are implying?

Who has a finisher that is worthy of being a instant burial? If that is the question I am going to go with no one.
I'm implying that there are certain moves (Punt Kick, Burning Hammer, Hell's Gate) that are considered larger than life - usually helping in the character and overness of their user. I was asking who currently in WWE deserves having that addition to their character and in which form.

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
772 Posts

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
In history, I would say the Jackhammer and RKO. I've literally seen no one kick out from those.

Aesthetically, alot of DDTs look stiff/sick as hell, definitely looks like it would knock your lights out. Especially the Future Shock, that move is just brutal.

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
It usually boils down to a second finisher. When the superstar has gone through their moveset and still hasn't put an opponent away. In that respect he's my picks:

Undertaker's Hell's Game
Randy Orton's Punt Kick
John Cena's STF(U)
CM Punk's Anaconda Vice
Jericho's Liontamer variation of the Walls
Kane's Tombstone
Ziggler's Sleeper Hold
Swagger's Ankle Lock
Khali's Vice Grip
I'm going to through Sin Cara's La Mystica Armbar, I can see him using that more after his return

·
Registered
12,426 Posts
I always found it amusing that Undertaker's Tombstone was so protected in the Fed, and yet it was also the finisher of Steve "Mongo" McMichael in WCW. Needless to say, like most things wrestling related, he performed it like shit. It made sense for Taker, but Mongo? And they even CALLED it the Tombstone.

·
Registered
101 Posts
In history, I would say the Jackhammer and RKO. I've literally seen no one kick out from those.

Aesthetically, alot of DDTs look stiff/sick as hell, definitely looks like it would knock your lights out. Especially the Future Shock, that move is just brutal.
I can think of some people who have kicked out of the RKO:
Kurt Angle
Kane
John Cena
Triple H
Edge
Undertaker
Mark Henry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VDMNXMgMDY

1 - 20 of 31 Posts