Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Source: CBS Sports

Dean Ambrose recently spoke with CBS Sports to promote WWE's WrestleMania 32. The full interview can be read at this link: http://www.cbssports.com/general/eye-on-sports/25531627/dean-ambroses-wild-ride-from-rejection-to-wrestlemania-32-star

Below are highlights:

Being different from other main event superstars:

"I wasn't 'gifted' in the way that Brock Lesnar or Roman Reigns or somebody like that is gifted, in that they got the physical attributes and so forth," Ambrose said. "I don't have particular born-in talents and abilities, [but I have] an aptitude for this that a lot of people don't have, just [from] being a student of this."

On his introduction to the business:

"A lot of it is just learning to eat crap and just deal with it," he said. "If you're a spoiled person coming into the business the way I did, you won't last very long. It was very easy for me to just kind of slum my way up through the dredges of wrestling until I got here. That's just the kind of person I am. It's where I come from. Just not being spoiled, not being too good, and just being ready to accept that you're gonna have to deal with a lot of crap to get success."

Gaining fans because his character is true to life:

"People can see through crap pretty easily. Just go out there and be comfortable. Be you. Be authentic. If you're the real you, people can feel like they know you a little bit. I think that's why a lot of people kind of invest in me. They don't know me, but they feel like they know me a little bit, because I'm not putting on a front."

Being different than Brock Lesnar:

"There's a difference between a prizefighter and a guy fighting for his life and a guy fighting just on animal instinct. They call me the iron man of WWE because I'm the workhorse of WWE. I'm wrestling every single night in any kind of situation against any kind of opponent. I just keep on plugging along. We couldn't be coming from more polar opposite places."

The No Holds Barred Street Fight with Lesnar:

"I've been through everything from fire to glass to thumbtacks to barbed wire. I've had body parts chopped off of me and sewn back on. There's really nothing on a pain level, physical endurance level, that I haven't had to deal with, you know? How long is he gonna be willing to try to keep me down before he starts getting frustrated?"

"We'll find out if there's any quit in Brock Lesnar. If the chips are down, will he just go 'Aw, screw this,' because he's already been there, done that. He's got nothing to prove and he's rich. He's not fighting for personal pride and preservation and survival."

·
TEAM KICK!
9,429 Posts
"People can see through crap pretty easily. Just go out there and be comfortable. Be you. Be authentic. If you're the real you, people can feel like they know you a little bit. I think that's why a lot of people kind of invest in me. They don't know me, but they feel like they know me a little bit, because I'm not putting on a front."
WWE could learn from this so much, it's a reason that a lot of their talents fail, they're doing things out of their comfort zone, and things that just simply aren't them. Being genuine is a key factor.

Really looking forward to the match at Mania though, it's got the potential to be great.

Reactions: apriltea and Drago

·
Banned
1,522 Posts

This is a nice phrase because it contrasts very well with peoples perception with Roman.

·
WeeWoo WeeWoo
20,073 Posts
I really like Ambrose. He seems like a genuine, hardworking dude and is incredibly dedicated to his craft. Got that old fashioned work ethic and stays consistently in character (although, really...how much is 'in character' and how much is HIM?) without a massive ego. Appreciates where he comes from and puts it to good use.

Really see great things for him in the future. Let's hope they come into fruition.

·
The Last Dragon
14,488 Posts

Bayley says hi too Dean! :bayley

·
Banned
8,175 Posts
Dean has always been himself and thats why people like him

·
WF's #1 Mox fan.
23,551 Posts
I just read that before and it was excellent :) I love learning about Dean's past and his early days in wrestling!

Dean is so down to earth and humble, it's so awesome to see, and one of the many reasons why I love him so much. This interview outlines why WWE should be getting behind him as a top guy, his work ethic is amazing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts