Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
On Smackdown this past Thursday, both men wore the exact same wrestling attire.

Gray wife beaters
Blue jeans
Black boots
Wrist bands

This got me thinking about other reasons why they could look good as a tag team.

Harper is a victim of being overshadowed by Bray Wyatt. Ambrose is a victim of being overshadowed by Rollins and Reigns.

Both are rugged ass kickers with an unorthodox wrestling style.

They both made a name for themselves wrestling in the indies.

Ambrose is a great talker. Harper is a good talker when given the chance.

If neither of them win the IC Title, how about making Ambrose and Harper the equivalent of a Team Hell No, but more reminiscent of APA?

They'd make the tag team division entertaining as hell and bring it new life while kicking everyone's asses.

Thoughts?

·
Banned
6,708 Posts
I like the idea only if their heels. Ambrose and Harper would make a solid tag team as heels, and I wouldn't mind hearing either one of them cut a promo.

·
WeeWoo WeeWoo
20,073 Posts
Nah. I mean I could see the appeal but Ambrose is needs to be solo now and Harper could be in a tag team, but unless it's another Wyatt Family situation I don't see it working well gimmick wise.

Not to mention it's a waste of resources. You're better off putting them with partners who are good in the ring and who can sell (because both men are kinda meh with selling) but who suffer on the mic so they can compensate for them. No one is coming to mind, though, which is why I think them solo is fine atm.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like the idea only if their heels. Ambrose and Harper would make a solid tag team as heels, and I wouldn't mind hearing either one of them cut a promo.
It would be almost impossible for them to be heels. They would be extremely over even if they won by using heel tactics.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nah. I mean I could see the appeal but Ambrose is needs to be solo now and Harper could be in a tag team, but unless it's another Wyatt Family situation I don't see it working well gimmick wise.
Unless you give Ambrose the IC Title at Mania, there's no where else for him to stand out on his own.

If he can't be at the top of the WWE title card or the IC title card, then Tag Team card is what is left.

I'm sure a lot of people here where hesitant about Kane and Bryan tagging, but they ended up being awesome.

·
I'm the world's greatest superhero. I can do whate
21,279 Posts
Well Dean isn't doing jack shit on his own, so yeah make it happen. They dress the same and they're both crazy so it would definitely work.

·
Banned
6,708 Posts
It would be almost impossible for them to be heels. They would be extremely over even if they won by using heel tactics.
Not at all. Harper is a heel right now. Ambrose could easily flip the switch, he is crazy. Remember?

·
Registered
308 Posts
How about "Deliverance " as their tag team name? They even got a theme tune ready made ;)

Ascension v Deliverance feuding for the titles, make it happen WWE

·
Registered
10,070 Posts
They both deserve more than to be thrown into a team just because they wear similar clothes.

Harper should be the prominent big guy in the main event scene, and Ambrose should be up there straddling both the upper midcard and main event.

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
I love it. Team hell no did wonders for Bryan. I think a tagteam like this could really put Ambrose over. He doesnt need to be solo now at all because he has nothing to do. Probably not even winning the ic belt. Let him and Harper tear everything up. Then right before mitb Ambrose can turn heel on Harper and win the briefcase.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
What I think it's time for is a main event #1 guy push for Dean Ambrose. Have him run through anybody and everybody, eventually meeting the champ.

He is probably the best fit for the next mega push. More than likely Reings' push will fail or at least get halted later this year, and Ambrose is still young, hungry, more experienced and better than ever.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
They both deserve more than to be thrown into a team just because they wear similar clothes.

Harper should be the prominent big guy in the main event scene, and Ambrose should be up there straddling both the upper midcard and main event.
There at least a dozen guys on the roster right now who all deserve more. At some point we need to figure out creative alternatives to get everyone more over, away from the "WWE Championship or bust" mentality.

Everyone is complaining about the tag team division right now. The only two legit tag teams are the Usos and Cesaro and Kidd. The rest are "filler".

Have people forgotten that Edge and Hulk Hogan were once tag champions? Even John Cena and Shawn Michaels were tag champions.

At some point, I'd love to see Ambrose with the WWE title and Harper in very prominent feuds. Neither of these are likely to happen any time soon, but they should happen at some point.

Until each of them happen, you can put them in a tag team and make it extremely entertaining.

·
TONI POR TODO!
4,602 Posts
They look cold and crazy, so yeah.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I agree, nothing they can do would make them get booed. Especially if they ambush the Usos or New Day.

I would like it if they did something similar to APA. I just wish Ambrose was a top player in singles though.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Not at all. Harper is a heel right now. Ambrose could easily flip the switch, he is crazy. Remember?
Harper gets "This Is Awesome" chants a lot and I think he gets more cheers than boos, even though he's a "villain".

The Real Americans were heels, but got cheered as baby faces during the peak of their run.

So yeah, even if they could be the "heels" in the ring, there is possibly nothing Harper and Ambrose to make the crowd actually boo them. They'd be "tweeners" basically.

To get booed, they'd have to insult the city they're in, truly offend the wrestling audience by making everyone feel dumb, and purposely make their matches unenjoyable to watch by getting DQ's and Countouts all the time.

People loooove Ambrose now, but most everyone here was trashing him during his HISTORIC United States title run. Fans on here are super fickle.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts