Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Yeah age was definitely catching up with him, I think it was a kind of token last run. It was pretty enjoyable, DDP could still go and certainly didn't embarrass himself out there, so it was cool with me. His World Title match with Jarrett at Destination X 2005 was surprisingly good I remember. Overbooking was a friend for that one.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Was it just his age? Dude wasn't even in tna for a year N

I really wish he would come back to wrestling in some form I think he's top 10 ever in my book

·
Registered
846 Posts
Was it just his age? Dude wasn't even in tna for a year N

I really wish he would come back to wrestling in some form I think he's top 10 ever in my book
I also wish he would come back to do something. I think he would make a great announcer. He was always one of my favorites.

·
Banned
4,096 Posts
his popularity died with his tag title run with Kanyon

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
He had a run in TNA between December 2004 to May 2005. He had quite a good run, feuding with Raven, Jeff Jarrett and Erick Watts. The reason why he left was because he didn't agree with the way he was booked and left the company when they lost there TV deal on Fox's Sport Net.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't think he everhad a feud with erick watts in tna . I know he had one with kevin nash and scott hall as well with monty brown.

I would like to see him in hogans roll if he where ever to come back.

·
Banned
4,096 Posts
I don't think he everhad a feud with erick watts in tna . I know he had one with kevin nash and scott hall as well with monty brown.

I would like to see him in hogans roll if he where ever to come back.
ddp has even less to contribute than hogan

·
Registered
150 Posts
I actually liked DDP's run in TNA. He was a big enough star to garner attention, but he never really seemed to be in a position to overshadow the rest of the roster.

·
TNA Believer
4,293 Posts
I wouldn't care for DDP in TNA now (exept maybe if he replace tazz on the commentary), but he was one of my fav wrestlers in the WCW days, so it's good to remember him.

I think is caree in TNA was very short due (not to his age) but his physical condition.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
hes done with wrestling.

pretty sure i heard him say he had enough of a run and tna wasnt a big enough a deal.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I also wish he would come back to do something. I think he would make a great announcer. He was always one of my favorites.
He would be a awesome color guy.
He came up with Razor Ramon's, Ravens and his gimmick.
He went at 150% every time he came to the arena, he would be a good teacher.

·
Registered
813 Posts
He would be a awesome color guy.
He came up with Razor Ramon's, Ravens and his gimmick.
He went at 150% every time he came to the arena, he would be a good teacher.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I actually liked DDP's run in TNA. He was a big enough star to garner attention, but he never really seemed to be in a position to overshadow the rest of the roster.

And that's why he mabe a great good guy ddp never really acted like super star or the whole show. In my eyes he really was the peoples champ . Wrestling need guys like him and sting to help the next gen come up.

·
Banned
966 Posts
His body couldnt handle a full time TNA schedule and he didnt want his final WWE run to be the last thing fans saw. I liked what he did in TNA.

·
Premium Member
44,329 Posts
He didn't really last long enough to make that much of an impression and he was around during the Dusty Rhodes era which was HORRIBLE.

However, he did look really good whenever he wrestled.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts