Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was just thinking the other day how much i really enjoyed this storyline. Ive not watched wrestling for a little while but thought i would randomly put this thread up and see what everyone else thought of this storyline?

"I'm beggin ya Taker.....MAKE ME FAMOUS" :avit:

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,748 Posts
thought it was pretty awful, insanely creepy, and kinda ruined DDP's entrance in the WWE when he could have been a much bigger star than they made him out to be.

love the idea of a DDP vs. Taker feud. DDP being a pervert? not so much.

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
I loved that night.... i had been watching WWF for 6 month and had been catching up on old WCW. DDP was 1 i became a fan of and seeing turn up in WWF made me mark. I loved the Undertaker/DDP scene from begining to end..

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Was just thinking the other day how much i really enjoyed this storyline. Ive not watched wrestling for a little while but thought i would randomly put this thread up and see what everyone else thought of this storyline?

"I'm beggin ya Taker.....MAKE ME FAMOUS" :avit:
Yeah... So you enjoyed DDP's burial?

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
why would he stalk her when he has kimberly?

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
I liked his motivational speaker gimmick and trying to motivate Christian.

·
Banned
2,012 Posts

·
Lily, Rosemary, and the Jack of Hearts
5,594 Posts
Even though I hate, hate, hate that angle and what they did to DDP, I have three positive(lol) things to say about that video:

1. You have to hand it to Page. The story was stupid and he stood no chance of getting anywhere with it, but he did not sandbag it at all. He went for the gold with it and tried to do what he could. Tip my hat to that.

2. Whether WCW or WWF, I fucking love when they did the shot of the crowd throwing up the diamond with him.

3. Paul Heyman was immensely entertaining being so ridiculously over the top, and JR played off it really well.

·
Banned
2,236 Posts
It pretty much sucked because ultimately it should've been about getting DDP over with the WWE crowd, but they never had him look anywhere near Taker's level and he just got the shit beaten out of him from day one.

·
Premium Member
43,686 Posts
DDP got fucked up the ass twice and renamed Nancy Boy. That's how badly he was treated in this storyline and it sucked because he was really the only true name that they picked up from WCW.

The storyline itself...I could live with. I've seen worse, but Undertaker destroying him all the time, and then eventually him laying down for Sara was just horrible.

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
Storyline was alright, sadly for DDP at the time it was Vinces way of doing 2 things:

-Getting the American Badass gimmick to the audience by supplying a backstory into Taker's life so they could relate to it more.
-Burying anything that came from wCw.

And people wonder why Sting never joined WWE or why Steiner / Goldberg took so long in joining also.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I remember everyone thought that it was going to be Steiner so it was pretty shocking when it was revealed to be DDP. It's too bad they made him look so pathetic in the feud.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts