Wrestling Forum banner

81 - 100 of 177 Posts

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
It looks ok but they are still only showing the exact same thing again and again. It just worries me that this is all there and its most likely the case. It just seems really one dimensional right now. Zombies are pretty tired anyway so its not like the concept on its own is a whole new thing. Left 4 dead and dead rising did the massive hordes over a decade ago.

at this point, it might as well be called "zombie horde simulator" because it seems like the game has been built around this one feature alone. I dont even know who the main character is and what his aim is. Just seems like a generic biker guy that rides around shooting zombies.

this game could be a total dark horse and be one of the best releases of the year but I wouldnt be surprised if its just a game that is fine and performs its function but doesnt really do anything to break the tired formula.

·
Banned
4,891 Posts
This game should interest me more than it does. I love zombies and I love Sons of Anarchy and they clearly took a lot of influence from that. But it just doesn't look...fun?

I'd rather have Left 4 Dead 3.

·
Premium Member
38,759 Posts
This game should interest me more than it does. I love zombies and I love Sons of Anarchy and they clearly took a lot of influence from that. But it just doesn't look...fun?

I'd rather have Left 4 Dead 3.
World world Z game may be the one for you, that is like left for dead

I am on the fence about this game

The embargo release date being right before release gives me pause.

·
SNOWBLIND
7,529 Posts
I was interested in this and still sort of am, but I'm super busy over the next month or so and at this point I might just wait for the almighty Metacritic score before deciding. I'm not particularly arsed about pre-ordering it. If it sounds good I'll get it eventually. Like next month or whatever.

·
7,174 Posts
reviews for the game generally seem to be what most of us knew already, its a somewhat decent but average experience with nothing that special about it that will set it apart from other similar games.......its just there.

Its a shame cause I hoped it would surprise everyone and have something really special lurking under the dull and repetitive marketing trailers etc but it seems to be what was expected, its just something that is seemingly amounting to "meh, its ok". The trailers seem to be exactly what it is, there is no surprise or brand new direction awaiting.

I was was going to buy it tomorrow but not so sure now. Seems like another one to wait for a deal on. There arnt many that are outright trashing the game but Ive really seen no-one outright praising it either, its simply ok or indifference. There is no hype here. Its basically more of the same. A take it or leave it attitude.

Ive even seen a few review videos commenting on how the horde mechanic isnt even that great due to poor AI and generally not being that frequent.....that was literally the main selling point (and really only selling point) of this game that has been marketed and yet people arnt even that impressed by it.

I simply don't have any real desire to rush out and get it. Its fine but thats about it.

Reactions: arch.unleash

·
Super Moderator Going Backwards With WF
33,403 Posts
I pre ordered it yesterday but I'm starting to think twice about it tbh. Not read any reviews yet, it's just the more I see of it, I keep thinking it looks bland and rather uninteresting after a while.

I'll probably keep my order tho and give it a go.

·
33,403 Posts
Yay. Fired it up just now and can't play it. Not sure if it's an issue with my pad, but I'm pressing/holding R2 to accelerate and my bike won't budge :(

Edit; Its my fucking pad. Tried it on Mad Max and it's the same. R2 works but I just can't accelerate.

Fuck off.

·
7,174 Posts
Yay. Fired it up just now and can't play it. Not sure if it's an issue with my pad, but I'm pressing/holding R2 to accelerate and my bike won't budge :(

Edit; Its my fucking pad. Tried it on Mad Max and it's the same. R2 works but I just can't accelerate.

Fuck off.
something is up with the controllers I think, my controller refused to work AT ALL the other day, only way I got it to work was turn on the PS4, switch it off at the wall (hard shut down) and let it refresh itself on the reboot. Not sure if there has been some update and its upset something but Ive never had it before.

so i should wait for a few more patches before getting it?
I would suggest doing so, many of the issues that have been brought up are things that realistically could be fixed with time. Such as sound problems, AI issues, framerate drops and general game breaking bugs. You will likely get a better experience at a cheaper price if you wait.

Reactions: birthday_massacre

·
33,403 Posts
something is up with the controllers I think, my controller refused to work AT ALL the other day, only way I got it to work was turn on the PS4, switch it off at the wall and let it refresh itself.
Yeah, it's weird. The R2 button works, but not properly if I have to hold it down to accelerate.

·
Premium Member
38,759 Posts
something is up with the controllers I think, my controller refused to work AT ALL the other day, only way I got it to work was turn on the PS4, switch it off at the wall (hard shut down) and let it refresh itself on the reboot. Not sure if there has been some update and its upset something but Ive never had it before.

I would suggest doing so, many of the issues that have been brought up are things that realistically could be fixed with time. Such as sound problems, AI issues and general game breaking bugs. You will likely get a better experience at a cheaper price if you wait.
yeah i have seen a few reviews too where the game does not always render fast enough, so you can fall through the world and die.

·
33,403 Posts
yeah i have seen a few reviews too where the game does not always render fast enough, so you can fall through the world and die.
In the 2 minutes i did get to play before realizing i need a new pad, i did ride straight through a tree. That was after the 18gb patch.

·
7,174 Posts
I am somewhat annoyed that the game is still in this state given the delays etc. This whole "release it now, fix it later" mindset got quite old and irritating years ago.

if you want people's money, at least have the decency to fix your fucking game before you take their money. I don't see why these problems havnt already been fixed if they can be patched so quickly. They are clearly easily fixable.

the whole idea of not pre-ordering is stronger than ever, day one players are essentially beta testers and they are the ones who will have to pay the most for it.

it simply shows a lack of product testing. People shouldnt have to be booting up other games in order to get the sound working again within another game.

Reactions: birthday_massacre
81 - 100 of 177 Posts