Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Foley Is Good
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dawn Marie Damatta, who performed for World Wrestling Entertainment from 2002 to 2005, admitted to the Connecticut Post that she used steroids during the course of her tenure in the organization.

“I chose to take that shortcut,” the former WWE Diva said. “Did Vince (McMahon) tell me to take that shortcut? No. Did WWE? No. Why did I do it? Because I thought that’s what I needed to do in order to keep up … There was no testing policy.”
Link: http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/former-wwe-diva-admits-to-using-steroids-during-her-career.html

Interesting bit of information.

I had the pleasure of meeting Dawn Marie once, and she seemed charming, kind, and very grateful to her fans.

·
Foley Is Good
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Why the hell would Dawn Marie think she would need to take steriods.

What kind of competitive advantage would she need, it's not like she was on Raw wrestling Trish Stratus, Molly Holly, Gail Kim, Victoria, Lita, and Jazz every week.

She had a match with Torrie Wilson maybe once every three months and usually it would be a gimmick match like Bra and Panties or a Gravy Bowl match or something like that.

Most of the time she just had to stand around looking hot, she didn't need steroids for that she was already hot. Nice face, great rack, killer ass that's all Dawn Marie needed to bring to the party.

I really like Dawn Marie but I just don't under stand if a guy like Cena or Orton confessed to steroids it would be under standable. They're going after top spots and that body builder look draws but divas don't need steroids. They're just there to look pretty and if WWE would portray them in more than a cookie cutter way give young girls in the audience some one to believe in and look up to.

·
A stanning today 💋
9,046 Posts
It wasn't like she was competing on RAW. She was mostly competing in eye-candy segments like bikini contests. What on earth would she have the need to be taking steroid??

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,748 Posts
damn, there were so many other things i was hoping this was when i read "DAWN MARIE CLAIMS SHE DID" on the front page.

Dawn Marie Claims She Did Torrie Wilson
Dawn Marie Claims She Did Al Wilson IRL, A Lot
Dawn Marie Claims She Did The Entire WWE Locker Room
Dawn Marie Claims She Did It For the Rock
Dawn Marie Claims She Did It For the Rock, J/K For Da Lulz!

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
What a random bit of news, as if Dawn Marie of all people needed steroids, utterly bizarre.

·
Super Moderator
19,310 Posts
Not all athletes do steroids for aesthetic reasons. It's a great drug for recovery as well. Especially recovering from injuries or just recovering from day to day things.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
I'm sure she wasn't the only Diva.

I bet most people in the company were using them. I mean the owner of the bloody company was.

Vince has said in the past that he doesn't expect anything out of his wrestlers that he wouldn't do himself.

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
Not all athletes do steroids for aesthetic reasons. It's a great drug for recovery as well. Especially recovering from injuries or just recovering from day to day things.
Because she had so many debilitating injures to recover from?

I'm sure it at least was a step up from the cocaine she was probably doing in ECW.

·
Registered
6,728 Posts

I'm sure it at least was a step up from the cocaine she was probably doing in ECW.
Even if she didn't compete much, she still competed in probably house shows and whatnot, and given the intensity of WWE Scheduling, I wouldn't be surprised if she, like everyone else, would start to feel the strain and such. Steroids is a growth hormone, after all, and it helps, for better or for worse.

·
Super Moderator
19,310 Posts

Since when do athletes take steroids for debilitating injuries only?

You don't know how bad she hurt or how hard it was for her to recover from day to day.

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
I guess I just don't recall her ever being involved in much physical activity. But hey, I wasn't there, so I know as much as anyone.

No one ever really considers that the women could be using illegal substances too. Makes you wonder...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts