Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Credit: F4WOnline.com

"For what it's worth, people in WWE are wanting to push the Nexus angle by giving them all of the title belts. With Heath Slater & Justin Gabriel holding the WWE Tag Team Titles, this might mean that Wade Barrett would defeat Randy Orton for the WWE Title and likely David Otunga would capture the United States Title."

I know the idea of Nexus having all the titles has been thrown around on this forum from time to time. But I doubt anyone could have imagined wwe considering having David Otunga becoming the United States champion. This would mean that he would have to defeat Daniel Bryan for the title. I'm conflicted about this possibility.. We all know Bryan is great in the ring, and Otunga is.. well.. lets just say that he needs ALOT or work lol. Otunga could possibly gain alot of heat from fans if this were to happen. And it could get the fans more behind Bryan if he's chasing Otunga for the title, because he will have to go through Nexus in order to get to Otunga.. Could be an interesting storyline for the midcard. I'm sure alot of people on here would rather see a Bryan/Punk fued, but this seems like a pretty good backup plan.. Your thoughts?

·
Registered
9,306 Posts
Please not in a single competition. Tripe threat or four way and otunga steal it by pinning Ryder or someone else BUT Bryan.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Heh.

If this ever happened (doubt it's true) and Otunga pins Bryan...........the sheer amount of rage in this forum......

It'd be fun to see, at least.

·
Registered
919 Posts
There is something wrong with WWE when the likes of David Otunga and Heath Slater have titles 5 months into their careers while offering nothing of value.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I actually don't have much of a problem with Otunga winning the US Title because while he sucks, it would give Nexus even more credibility and I don't take wrestling seriously enough to go crazy when someone beats an internet darling.

Lets face it, there aren't many midcard heels for Bryan to face on RAW so Bryan will just be one of those midcard champions that never defends if he keeps it for a long time. I hope he feuds with Regal for a couple of months before this happens though.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Daniel Bryan is too fragile in his WWE career right now to lose the championship without a long feud/outside interference x10.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
if otunga beats bryan clean (considering wwe acknowledge his links to fame and not being very good) there will be a lot of FFFUUUUUUU faces on this forum and many like it lol
I mean its not as if wwe are trying to put otunga over as a dominant force, they had him lie down to lose his title ffs and cena or anyone else constantly ridicule him for his lack of ability and only present cus of his wife. No just no. However, its wwe and it wouldnt surprise me, after all they did give him a job in the first place and gave him leopard skin briefs.

·
Premium Member
19,333 Posts
Since the title means absolutely nothing these days why not put it on the guy.

I wouldn't mind that at all.

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
Brilliant idea. Let's make Hornswoggle the WWE Champion while we're at it too.

But seriously, I've already had to put up with Otunga as WWE Tag Team Champion this year, even if it was only for a day.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Heh, you know if they make a side line story with how Gabriel, Slater, and Barrett; the original core members of Nexus have titles, and Otunga doesn't.
Then he fails over and over again against Bryan (who hopefully brings the best out of him) can lead to a much kicking out the weak story for Otunga to go.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts