Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This past RAW David Otunga debuted a new gimmick. He started using his real life Harvard Education to play as a Legal Consultant, and I must say, he did pretty well. Nothing overly impressive, but his 3 minutes as lawyer were a lot more entertaining than what he's done in the past year.

At least he can start shutting critics up about his mic skills, because he's shown he's got the chops to cut a decent promo.

As for his in ring skills he's still very green, but with time and development he'll start to get better, and before you know it, if everything goes according to plan, he can start getting a real push towards the mid card if he's able to continuously improve

What are your thoughts on the new Otunga?

·
Banned
12,539 Posts
To me, things seem a little LESS scripted since HHH has been in charge. People seem to be going out there with the freedom in saying whatever they want. I think that's why we've seen the likes of Ziggler get some mic time and prove doubters wrong.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
He was essentially a gimmickless placeholder ever since he was in the tag team division. Most any gimmick would be nice at this point. Admittedly, I like what they're doing with him now.

·
Premium Member
668 Posts
I was pretty entertained when he was on RAW, especially how he's a havard graduate and this new gimmick will come natural to him. I really liked the little bow tie he had on!

·
Asuka
96,239 Posts
As long as he's just this new heel supergroup's (I'm assuming that's what they'll make of it) legal advisor and isn't actually getting a push as a competitor, and keeps on being a fall guy then I'm fine with it.

·
Banned
8,766 Posts
The only right direction for him is through the door!
For once, I agree with your sub-level IQ, Halo.

JUST KIDDING!! :D

Seriously, though....Botchtunga does nothing for me. :no:

Yeah the "gimmick" sounds interesting enough to make him seem a little less than a waste of roster space but ultimately, he needs to go.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Yes it's a step in the right direction specifically for otunga but they should giving gimmicks like they have to otunga to EVERYONE on the roster. Thats one of the reasons so many people loved the Attitude Era I think. Every guy on the roster was given relevance and significance because thay all had gimmicks and had proper feuds with each other to showcase these gimmicks. It wasn't just generic happy FCW clone vs generic scowling FCW clone.

Guys like A-Ry, McGillicutty, McIntyre, Bourne, J Gabriel, M Ryan, Tyson Kidd, Dibiase. They dont have gimmicks and so there's no real reason for the crowd to care about them like they did about Road Dogg/Ken Shamrock/Godfather/Val Venis/ Kurt Angle/ Mankind, etc.

·
I recycle.
1,281 Posts
He can't even fake being a lawyer and he is one, how is that good? Can see through him completely, can even tell when he's pausing for each line, he's below soap opera acting.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts