Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So for those who do not know, Chris Benoit has another son from a previous relationship named David Benoit.
Do you think WWE will sign him if he becomes a wrestler and becomes as good as his father?My thought is, if they ever sign him he's obviously gonna have a complete name change, whole different gimmick, etc.But eventually he'll have to talk about his dad at one point.

Please don't turn this into a "Chris is a Murder" thread cause his son didn't do shit.

·
2,775 Posts
Even if he does become a wrestler, it would be controversial considering he would have to talk about his Dad as you say, and considering the WWE like to purposely ignore Chris Benoits history, that wouldn't work so well.

Anyways, if he was to become a wrestler he would never be as good as his Dad. Chris Benoit was a one of a kind in the ring.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,747 Posts
whats with all the Benoit threads recently?

i highly doubt this kid would even THINK about becoming a wrestler, considering wrestling pretty much destroyed his father and his extended family.

·
Registered
21,637 Posts
I doubt he'll become a wrestler.
Same here, he's too young to just start asking if WWE will sign him. Chris Benoit was a good wrestler because he learned his trade all around the world, taking bits from differing styles and blending them to become a finely tuned wrestling machine.

Even if WWE were to sign Daniel Benoit, he'd be a shadow of his father at best and will really struggle to break free of the name (not to mention the stigma around his father). Just look at the current guys that WWE have brought through in the last few years who are 2nd generation:

David Hart Smith
Michael McGillicutty
Ted DiBiase Jr
Cody Rhodes

None of them are anywhere near as good as their fathers. Wrestling isn't in the blood, it's in the training. Sure certain genetical traits will help you succeed but it doesn't guarantee anything.

·
Young winger learning from greats such as Downing
9,856 Posts
After the incredible discoveries the Sports Legacy Institute made about the effects wrestling has on people, and the head injuries that can result from it, and how those head injuries literally destroyed Benoit and his family, I would have to say that should sensibly scare David Benoit off from being a professional wrestler.

If I had to hear about my father killing his wife and other son, not being sure why it happened, and then finding out that it was completely 100% due to the condition of his brain, a condition which developed from wrestling, there's no way I'm ever stepping between the ropes. I wouldn't want the chance of becoming a victim like my father and his family did.

·
Registered
386 Posts
He could have the wrestling skills of his father, the mic skills of The Rock and be more of a draw than Hogan and Austin combined and the WWE would still never sign him. They want to completely destroy any and all ties they ever had with Chris Benoit and who can really blame them.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well he's still very young if they ever sign him it won't be until 10-15 years.By that time i'm sure WWE would be more open about Benoit.Also Vince would be old as fuck, HHH would be more in charge of the business so that'll change alot of things.

About him becoming a wrestler, I was assuming he has a passion for wrestling even before his dad incident and passion doesn't just go away like that.

·
Banned
2,236 Posts
So for those who do not know, Chris Benoit has another son from a previous relationship named David Benoit.
Do you think WWE will sign him if he becomes a wrestler and becomes as good as his father?My thought is, if they ever sign him he's obviously gonna have a complete name change, whole different gimmick, etc.But eventually he'll have to talk about his dad at one point.

Please don't turn this into a "Chris is a Murder" thread cause his son didn't do shit.
I just want to make the point his father was a child murder.

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
It's not like they'd actually call him "David Benoit." They wouldn't let Hennig's kid keep his name, and Hennig is one of the most respected wrestlers ever. Same goes for Rotunda's kid.

They'd probably call him "Ontario Hockeysyrup" or something.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
I just want to make the point his father was a child murder.
Really? This shit all over again? Will the damn Benoit murdered his youngest son and wife end? 3 fucking years ago, Jesus Christ on a fucking stick just drop it. Remember Benoit as a performer and not outside of the WWE.

As far as David Benoit goes, I'm not to sure. If he would ever become a wrestler. And if WWE would sign him he probably wouldn't go by David Benoit like previously stated. I don't see WWE dropping this case anytime soon. So he would definitely get a name change like Joe Hennig did.

·
Riddle me this...
423 Posts
Does he actually have a wrestling background, or is this 100% speculation?

As much as I'd love to see Benoit's legacy as a brilliant wrestler live on, it was exactly that - wrestling - (or more specifically, the moves he chose to use while wrestling) that led to his demise. It would be in very poor taste and there's no way in hell the WWE would touch him.

·
Premium Member
8,457 Posts
I doubt the WWE will sign him. TNA maybe seeing as the Benoit name is pretty big but I don't see him in a WWE ring.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.