Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
The name thing is tough because like everyone has said already he is a the spitting image of him. Unless he wears a mask, giving him another name isn‘t going to hide who he is as people have eyes. I really like the Pegasus Kid idea as his way of tribute but also protecting him from any flack as he pursues this.

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
Yeah, no interest in a Chris Benoit Jr and if he really insists on that he has no mind for the business. He should be under a mask even as he looks too much like his father. I mean I get it that he thinks his father was brain damaged and not in his right mind but he still killed his young son and wife.

81 Posts
(username checks out 👍)

Sounds like David has some unresolved mental issues over what happened. while it is probably his way to try to erase what happened, using his father's theme, ring gear and going by Chris Benoit, Jr. is not advisable nor is it something a level headed person in his shoes would do.

·
Premium Member
8,727 Posts
He gives off sketchy vibes and this was just a weird interview in general. Kinda feels like it was done in bad faith, to be honest.

·
Premium Member
8,727 Posts
I read Jericho Wanda to prevent him of becoming a wrestler. Why?
I saw a few tweets about this on wrestling Twitter. Apparently David was booked to wrestle Chavo on a show and when Jericho found out that David had basically no training, he stepped in to get that match changed. I can see how that would sour Jericho on David.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Chris handled this interview very well given the sensitive nature of the topic and getting David to open up especially considering what he had to experience
He's a good interviewer in general and allows the person in question to speak freely. He doesn't interrupt them like certain idiots do.

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
10,516 Posts
I couldn't finish it dudes awkward and dry. Was a tough listen.
I think you may end up liking that interview later. David Benoit eventually grows more comfortable speaking and giving out answers as the interview progresses (starting around the 18-20 minute mark) :)

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I think you may end up liking that interview later. David Benoit eventually grows more comfortable speaking and giving out answers as the interview progresses (starting around the 18-20 minute mark) :)
Agreed, but I just feel horrible for him. He's certainly in denial about certain things.

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
I saw a few tweets about this on wrestling Twitter. Apparently David was booked to wrestle Chavo on a show and when Jericho found out that David had basically no training, he stepped in to get that match changed. I can see how that would sour Jericho on David.
As I said in the AEW thread, it seems like David wants to become Chris more than be LIKE him, it was kinda creepy.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts