Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, he did provide some information that is not really known.

1) The "Crossface" movie is dead because the Benoit family interfered and put a stop to it.
2) Chris and Nancy were having arguments.
3) Nancy's sister's statements about Benoits wanting to open a wrestling school in Georgia are corroborated by this interview.
4) The news reported by Meltzer or Keller about Jericho preventing David Benoit from wrestling were confirmed by David himself.
5) The Benoit family through law enforcement investigated Kevin Sullivan after the murders. The authorities ruled Sullivan out. So we can put these asinine Sullivan conspiracy theories to rest.
6) WWE again proven to be petty when they disallowed David to come to their shows because he went to a few AEW shows. They have since worked out their "problems".
7) Jericho really proved himself to be a stand up guy when he protected the son of his deceased friend when he realized that the kid was in wayyy over his head and had no business being in the ring.
8) Chris Benoit was a locker room leader who made some guy do a lot of squats because this guy disrespected Shawn Michaels backstage.

It was a very informative interview to say the least.

·
Premium Member
1,699 Posts
I've always felt bad for David.... The man he loved and admired became a monster in a weekend.

It's kind of Ironic, if the whole murder suicide thing didn't happen. Him being the spitting image of his father would given him an advantage in the business. But after what happened I can't imagine a bigger handicap.

Is there a bigger tragedy in the wrestling business than the Benoit Murder Suicide? It's hurt so many people....

·
Registered
47 Posts
I just finished watching the whole interview. I also feel a lot of sympathy for David. Poor guy had a horrible tragedy in his family that he had nothing to do with. Because of this tragedy he's been kept beyond an arms length from following his dreams. I thought he came across just fine in the interview. It takes a lot of courage to answer those tough, personal questions that were asked of him. I hope his perseverance eventually pays off and he's given an opportunity in the wrestling business. I was happy to hear he has a good, high paying job though.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Imagine if he appeared on WWE tv with Benoits old music, fans would be like WTF is going on
lol, they should hire david and give him a gimmick of chris benoit zombie, claiming he's come back from the grave to strangle everybody or something like that,now THAT would be REALLY edgy,awesome and exciting.
ofc,probably won't happen unfortunately but one can dream..

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
The weird part is when he said "The Kevin Sulivan thing was a joke... we had the police look into it" so they believed it was a possibility enough to get the police involved.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
If he wants to still get in the business, he should go to Japan and train in one of the dojos. Or head to LA and see Shibata. I want him to chase his dreams, not be prevented from them. He is who he is, that won't change, but as Oscar Wilde once said, "ambition should be to rule ourselves".

·
Registered
581 Posts
If the guy really wanted to wrestle then I'd be all for him training for years and going somewhere like NJPW. I'm personally fine with him being Chris Benoit Jr as his ring name as it's a nice homage to the wrestler his father was but if they don't feel comfortable with that then just go with Pegasus Kid

1 - 20 of 33 Posts