Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
21,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was at a local indy show here in the UK last night (Preston City Wrestling Fright Night 2013) and they had Davey Richards over. I'll cut to the point...

After his match Davey said how much he loved working in the UK but due to something he couldn't speak about for legal reasons, this could be his last trip over. He then said he'd never lose sight of what's most important to him and that's earning the fans respect through working hard in the ring. To all in attendance, he seemed to be teasing the idea that he may be on his way to the WWE.

So I thought I'd start this thread and see what people think. Do you think Davey will go to the WWE? Will he be a good fit? Would you like to see it?

Personally, I've become a mark for him, seeing him live in person. The guy was really nice and put a shift in, in the ring and even put over local talent.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Looks like he's on his way over there, then (in all likelihood).

I think Davey has the ability to be really, really fantastic in the ring, and a spell in NXT would hopefully aid his in-ring psychology and I doubt WWE would put up with his piss poor attitude so he will hopefully be straightened out a bit, too.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Richards is a fantastic worker but I would worry about him getting lost in the shuffle at NXT. He is incredible in-ring and decent on promos, but for me, personally, there is nothing particularly unique about him.

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
If he's brought in as a singles guy I don't see him going anywhere. But if he teamed with Edwards in the WWE as The American Wolves I could see him as a huge success.

·
Contemplate or Procrastinate?
127 Posts
He has the technical ability to succeed however he needs to deal with his psychology problems which would prevent him from going beyond tag teaming where the psychology could be hidden via him receiving hot tags therefore wouldn't be as big an issue.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
If he's brought in as a singles guy I don't see him going anywhere. But if he teamed with Edwards in the WWE as The American Wolves I could see him as a huge success.
Yea, we already have someone as a top guy who uses the whole kick-you-in-the-head, submission, MMA style with DB. He also isn't that good of a talker last I heard of him. That and his alleged attitude problems.

If they bring him and Edwards in to bolster the tag division, that could be a great fit. I'm happy for him if this is true. It's long overdue and WWE pays well.

·
Registered
850 Posts

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
maybe this is a part of triple h plan for the tag team division? if they sign Edwards too
if they brought them as a tag team i am all for it but i can't see anyone them do well in wwe as a single competitor

·
Banned
93 Posts
If Davey Richards signs for WWE he will be jobbed out and humbled. I hope JBL bullies him and slaps midget bitch around because he needs a good slap the delusional little ass wipe. They should give him a travestite gimmick and have him chase the Diva's title. :troll

·
Banned
3,871 Posts
Id rather have Eddie Edwards and Adam Cole if were talking roh guys. I do however think the wwe should stop signing guys for a year or two and focus on what the hell they got.

·
Registered
6,245 Posts
Good worker but he is a gradE A douchebag. I have a friend who wrestled him in the indies and he is a prick. He would actually make a good mid card heel (like US title scene or something) but he won't get along with many people in the back lets just put it that way.

Can they sign Kevin Steen and Michael Elgin instead please?

·
Registered
9,985 Posts
American Wolves vs The Shield :mark:

Richards vs Punk :mark:

Richards vs Bryan :mark:

Richards vs Orton :mark:

Richards vs Cena :mark:

This is only good news, been a fan of this guy for a few years now and I think he's going to excel in the WWE.

·
The Cornerstone Of The Corner Store
3,164 Posts
He is one of my favorite wrestlers on the indy circuit. While I'd miss him on indy shows I'd love to see him in WWE. I think going to NXT will do him alot of good, he can tone down his style a bit, learn some better psychology and perhaps be a great addition to the upper midcard.

I just hope WWE doesn't bury him or give him a comedy gimmick. I truly believe Richards can add something special to the program.

As for Eddie Edwards, I always enjoyed watching him but I wasn't as much of a fan of his.. If they bring them in as a tag team I'll be happy too.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts