Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnGq8mCPYz4

The ratings situation is much worse than people think and not the rosy picture WWE paints. Also he explains that number of homes with USA network is only down 1% last year and 4% from the prime days of cable so cord cutting is a bs excuse for massive ratings decline.

·
Registered
13,155 Posts
The ratings have been on a decline for years, and their product being absolute garbage isn't going to change anything. They need to realize their show sucks, and change it for the better, or they will lose the few fans they have left.
Exactly, I made a similar point in a very similar thread. WWE have thick skulls, it's going to take not just breaking the record low rating, but consistantly hovering at or below those numbers for it to sink in. Even then, again as I said in the similar thread, WWE will no doubt have a litany of excuses absolving the product of any fault or criticism

Look on the bright side, at least they broke another record. :grin2:
Truly historic times for World Wrestling Entertainment :cole

:HA

·
Baby Yoda
30,149 Posts
Truly historic times for World Wrestling Entertainment...

:HA
I don't think they're close to the floor either, come post Summerslam and Football season when marks have realized they're playing filler till Brock-Roman, the numbers will be in the low 2m range (lower than every WCW Nitro and in the same ballpark as TNA at its peak).

·
Registered
13,155 Posts
I don't think they're close to the floor either, come post Summerslam and Football season when marks have realized they're playing filler till Brock-Roman, the numbers will be in the low 2m range (lower than every WCW and in the same ballpark as TNA at its peak).
One can only hope. I just really hope they see the ratings drop for what it really means and don't just think "oh well football season" or "oh well YouTube" and finally realize they've got to make a change.

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
"Shoots"?

Meltzer "Shoots" on a subject? WTF.

Meltzer is a reporter. A "shoot" is when someone that is usually in character, or hamstrung by the company he's working for, turns loose and tells the truth. Are we now applying these silly terms to anyone that's just giving an opinion on anything?

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
I cant sit through nearly 20 minutes of dave rambling, "the amount of people doing this is minuscule...I wouldnt say minuscule, its 1%" ffs dave your the one saying that, just think about what your saying before you say it, you are disagreeing with yourself and its unbearable.

all I can say is good tbh, the worse it gets the more likely to something drastic to shake things up.

its all very well sitting at the top of the tree but if people dont even look at the tree, it means shit.

·
WF's resident Big Dog
8,098 Posts
No surprise :shrug

I mean considering I don't even watch & resort to maybe 2/3 YT vids a week shows that I myself cba watching so I can't expect anyone else to or bash them for not watching lol

& considering we all know (thanks Meltzer you fag) that nothing in the ME picture means shit till Mania, what's the point in paying attention?

·
Registered
24,904 Posts
The ratings have been on a decline for years, and their product being absolute garbage isn't going to change anything. They need to realize their show sucks, and change it for the better, or they will lose the few fans they have left.
Change it how what's the change that makes it "not suck" and brings back ratings. I think people think this is s booking issue, when really it's more of a people are over wrestling. Ratings keep falling no matter who's champ and who's being featured. Part timers aren't saving them, Vince's picks aren't saving them, neither are the hardcore approved guys. So what's the solution to better

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,227 Posts
His numbers are not correct. USA was in over 100 million homes in 2011 http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/reference/cable-coverage-estimates-of-of-july-2011/ and it's now 91 million as of March https://sportstvratings.com/how-muc...fs1-march-2017-cable-coverage-estimates/7680/

That's a fall of 10% not 4%. It's falling dramatically in recent times given over 1 million homes dropped USA network between November 2016 and March 2017..just a four month period

Cord cutting isn't the main issue anyway as aside from one off sporting events weekly episodic tv on broadcast tv is down and those home are increasing

·
Premium Member
4,160 Posts
"Shoots"?

Meltzer "Shoots" on a subject? WTF.

Meltzer is a reporter. A "shoot" is when someone that is usually in character, or hamstrung by the company he's working for, turns loose and tells the truth. Are we now applying these silly terms to anyone that's just giving an opinion on anything?
Couldn't have said it better myself.

·
Ω Champion
4,092 Posts
Change it how what's the change that makes it "not suck" and brings back ratings. I think people think this is s booking issue, when really it's more of a people are over wrestling. Ratings keep falling no matter who's champ and who's being featured. Part timers aren't saving them, Vince's picks aren't saving them, neither are the hardcore approved guys. So what's the solution to better

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
NJPW numbers are growing up.
It's not about people giving up in wrestling.

If you put a great product without predictable shit you will get profits out of it.

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
3,261 Posts
I hope they get low enough that the show just gets fucking cancelled. WWE today is a disgrace.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Whenever there is a noticeable ratings dip they usually pull some kind of short term stunt... either in the form of a re-draft or bringing back a part timer.

Then the novelty fades and they are back to square one.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts