Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dave Meltzer ratings for BattleGround :
The 10/6 show in Buffalo’s First Niagara Center drew 11,700 fans.

Dolph Ziggler vs. Damien Sandow - 10:05 - **

Rob Van Dam vs. Alberto Del Rio - 16:01 - **3/4

Jack Swagger & Antonio Cesaro vs Great Khali & Santino Marella - 7:06 - *3/4

R-Truth vs. Curtis Axel - 7:38 - **

Brie Bella vs. AJ Lee - 6:37 - *1/2

Goldust and Cody Rhodes with Dusty Rhodes vs. Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns - 13:54 - ***½

Bray Wyatt vs. Kofi Kingston - 8:17 - *1/4

Ryback vs. CM Punk - 14:47 - **

Daniel Bryan vs. Randy Orton - 24:00 - **½

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Imo, would give the Rhodes match a star higher. I probably wouldn't give the other tag match a star at all. out of nowhere circus. Khali shouldn't be on a PPV.

·
L’APPEL DU VIDE
5,453 Posts
Didn't watch any of them fully when I was skimming through. Usually I'll watch the Bryan matches but I can't be fucked with another non-finish.

·
Registered
5,106 Posts
*** 1/2 is about right for Rhodes/Shield. Best match on the card by a mile and one of the best stories WWE has told since SummerSlam, but it was clearly a level below Punk/Lesnar and Bryan/Cena which were both outstanding matches at SummerSlam. *** 1/2 isn't bad at all.

·
Banned
460 Posts
Pretty much agreed with all the ratings, but take half a star off Ziggler/Sandow and Axel/Truth. Rhodes was star of the night

·
Premium Member
2,119 Posts
Anytime The Great Khali and Santino appears in a match at a PPV, it tells the state of the company and its ability to produce new succesfull stars

Reactions: Eduard Khil

·
Banned
969 Posts
The Rhodes family match was at very least 4 stars for me, probably the best matches I've seen in a little while, one of the MOTY candidates for sure.

·
I swear to god I had something for this...
3,714 Posts
The only reason the Real Americans vs Santino & Khali got any rating at all was because of the Cesaro swing.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
I'd have thrown another star on top of Bray/Kofi.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts