Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
The EST of NXT
The LegitEST BOSS
31,511 Posts
I'm just going to sit back and see how this plays out. I think Tony Khan is too thin skinned to deal with the negative PR that comes with Tessa and he would look like a flaming hypocrite if he signed her after feigning the moral high ground when it comes to other wrestlers with accusations.

·
Registered
27,357 Posts
So far it's just been SEScoops saying that there have been negotiations. I said last Friday when that report came out I would I wait for someone like Dave, SRS, Mike Johnson, etc. to back this up.

And now we have this. So, we'll see what happens but I'm not expecting her in AEW any time soon.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Mike Johnson also reported today that there have been no talks with Tessa or Daga.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Where did he say this? Link please?
By Mike Johnson on 2021-05-04 09:48:00
Over the last several days, there have been rumors that All Elite Wrestling has been in long-term negotiations with former Impact Wrestling Champion Tessa Blanchard and her husband, lucha star Daga and were on the verge of signing the duo to debut with AEW.

After speaking with a number of sources within AEW, PWInsider.com can report that not only are Daga and Blanchard not slated to debut with the promotion, there have been zero discussions with either talent. We are told that the promotion has never made an offer to either Blanchard or Daga, nor have there been any conversations about potential creative for them.

So, if you are expecting either to pop up in AEW in the foreseeable future, it's not happening.

·
Registered
11,008 Posts
you people make me laugh

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
I can tell you where this is going to go if WWE signs the greatest female wrestler ever. TNT is going to call AEW up and ask, "Why are there all these stories on news sites and Twitter saying you completely failed and let the biggest female free agent in the world walk away without a fight?"

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I can tell you where this is going to go if WWE signs the greatest female wrestler ever. TNT is going to call AEW up and ask, "Why are there all these stories on news sites and Twitter saying you completely failed and let the biggest female free agent in the world walk away without a fight?"
If WWE wanted to sign her, they would have done it already.

·
NBA
6,480 Posts

"No mang, shitty news to wake up to, as usual. Dis Khan cat dunno whats best fo da bizz, if ya know whadda mean. Will dem jabronies evah learn da lesson n' sign Tessa, mang? Adon' zink so."

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
Blissy's #1 fan
4,110 Posts
I can report that aew is talking to her
um... you know... um... the plan was that... she was talking to them but nothing's concrete yet

·
Registered
536 Posts
My sources said the same thing

I went for a poo.... and I spoke to the toilet bowl.... and it said ‘they may or may not sign Tessa’

its conclusive IMO
I can confirm that there has been talk within Wrestling Forum about AEW talking to Tessa/Daga. There is major debate within the forum about whether it is the right move. I will report back as this progresses.

·
Registered
10,005 Posts
I can confirm that there has been talk within Wrestling Forum about AEW talking to Tessa/Daga. There is major debate within the forum about whether it is the right move. I will report back as this progresses.
I’ve just quoted a source who has confirmed Tessa / Daga is in talks with AEW

My exclusive source @Prized Fighter confirms this is true. They are imminent signees, maybe to debut at the next PPV

I’ll report back with more news soon

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Disappointed but not surprised by this news.

Meltzer said the other week that Daga was close to joining a US-based company, so may be IMPACT or ROH if no talks have been held with AEW.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts