Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Banned
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, there is a backup plan for Jason Jordan to turn heel in case the storyline with Kurt Angle does not work out for him.

On the latest episode of RAW, Jordan faced an enhancement talent from Quebec City. According to Meltzer, the backstage belief was that the Toronto crowd would boo the enhancement talent because he was from Quebec. However, things backfired as the Quebec City native received chants of "Let's go jobber", while Jordan was booed.

Meltzer stated that if the storyline doesn't work out favourably for Jordan, then there's a good possibility that he will turn on Kurt Angle.

Another possibility is that Jordan reveals that he made up the entire thing about being Angle's son and that Angle and the fans were stupid enough to believe it.

Apparently, the internal belief is that the fans don't fully buy into the storyline but at the same time don't care enough to detest it.

·
Scarring the Night Sky
5,786 Posts
Another possibility is that Jordan reveals that he made up the entire thing about being Angle's son and that Angle and the fans were stupid enough to believe it.
This would be the best course of action. Over time, it would be forgotten and they can still have an opportunity to push Jordan in a better way before it's too late.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
According to Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, there is a backup plan for Jason Jordan to turn heel in case the storyline with Kurt Angle does not work out for him.

On the latest episode of RAW, Jordan faced an enhancement talent from Quebec City. According to Meltzer, the backstage belief was that the Toronto crowd would boo the enhancement talent because he was from Quebec. However, things backfired as the Quebec City native received chants of "Let's go jobber", while Jordan was booed.

Meltzer stated that if the storyline doesn't work out favourably for Jordan, then there's a good possibility that he will turn on Kurt Angle.

Apparently, the internal belief is that the fans don't fully buy into the storyline but at the same time don't care enough to detest it.
The bolded part is very interesting to me, because it explains what's wrong with WWE right now. You don't need to have Jordan turn on Angle, you just need to make him the guy who uses his connection with Angle to his advantage; it's far more interesting as a storyline, because it involves Angle and what Angle would do. Would he support his son even if he's evil? Would he use his power against him?

It seems to me that they really can't figure the easiest and smartest solution.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Hahahahha I actually know that "jobber" personally, was talking to him 2 days before the show. He didn't even know he was gonna have a match, they just picked the guy with the most experience (7 years).

But yeah I think Jordan should turn heel, even though I still won't care about him lol.

·
Premium Member
27,101 Posts
Hmmm can we get a direct quote from Meltzer and a source? It is quite common for sites reporting on something Meltzer said to distort or misinterpret things.

·
Registered
28,047 Posts
That can't be true....right? Why would anyone think they would boo someone from their own hometown? If true then....ugh.

Anyways, turning Jordan heel shouldn't be the backup plan. It should be the plan. Jordan can't stay Angle's son forever. This all needs to lead to Jordan slowly turning heel while gaining more success before it is eventually revealed that he is not Angle's son, that he tricked Angle to get ahead in his career, leading to an eventual match between the two.

·
Registered
6,420 Posts
Its a real difficult time for guys to get the crowd behind them tbh. The crowd is very smarky and totally merciless nowadays. Anyone that is perceived to be getting pushed due to the "look" and who doesnt have indie cred is going to be under major scrutiny from the fans, and if they dont display exceptional talent and/or have a good gimmick to get them over they are probably screwed. On the one hand, yeah, JJ hasnt showcased much charisma yet, but on the other, the fans wanting to rebel and derail shit really isnt helping when it comes to creating new stars.

·
Registered
14,095 Posts
Jordan was bland as shit as a singles wrestler in NXT. It's going to flop. I would hope that the heel turn "fall back" was actually the pay off for this angle all along. It was the only way to go.

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
Why would Toronto boo someone from Quebec? Is there some sort of rivalry between Toronto/Ontario/Rest of Canada and Quebec City/Quebec?

·
Let's talk about six, baby.
8,445 Posts
It should have been Gable. I said it on day one and I'll say it again. He was always the real star of American Alpha.

·
Ελευθερί&#
4,170 Posts
Why would Toronto boo someone from Quebec? Is there some sort of rivalry between Toronto/Ontario/Rest of Canada and Quebec City/Quebec?

Anglo Ontario and French Quebec have long been rivals. However, Toronto is not exactly Anglo anymore.

Reactions: BRITLAND
1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.