Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank you baby Jesus and good for you TNA.

Former WWE creative team member Dave Lagana has joined the TNA creative division as the Director of Creative Writing. "I leave Ring of Honor Wrestling to tackle new challenges," Lagana wrote on his website. "I’ve accepted a position as Director of Creative Writing with TNA Wrestling.

"My duties will be to focus solely on the development of new wrestling shows beyond the Impact Wrestling show. I’m excited to see what the future holds and thank everyone for the support over not only the last nine months of this site but through my entire career." To read the full blog, visit IWantWrestling.com.
http://iwantwrestling.com/
prowrestling. net

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,967 Posts
Lagana is incredibly creative and a master of low budget viral marketing and so on. Genuinely passionate about pro wrestling too.

He has a reputation for being a bit of a douche, at times, but he's streets ahead of Russo, in writing talent. He wrote for Friends at around age 24 IIRC. It was a big coup for ROH to get him involved and it's a pretty big coup for TNA.

He's also a Paul Heyman guy...

Anyway, the full blog is below and I'd recommend that anyone that hasn't already done so explores his site and listens to every single podcast on there.

Thank You…

I’ve been very thankful for wrestling since 1985. If you’re reading this site, you’re like me – a fan. I would hope after having read my blogs or listened to my podcast, you know the depth I really love wrestling. From being a kid as a hobby, as a teenager as a passion, into my adulthood where it became my job, I’ve always wanted wrestling in my life. That will never change.

Ring of Honor Wrestling came into my life at a time when I didn’t know if I’d ever work in wrestling again. If it wasn’t for Dave Marquez introducing me to Adam Pearce who introduced me to Cary Silkin, I wouldn’t be typing this today. It was the confidence they put in my abilities which lead to me being hired to produce the ROH on HDNet TV show. There I got to learn an entire new skill set beyond writing from Darrell Ewalt, Andrew Simon, and Adam Swift. I got to share my passion of wrestling with Scott Ferrier and Andy Edwards on a weekly basis. I even got to help Dave Prazak endure the slapping of porpoises. I’m amazingly proud of how that show turned out over the two years.

Life is about evolving. Ring of Honor gave me the opportunity to learn an amazing new skill set – social media. I’ve had an amazing time engaging wrestling fans over the last two years via Facebook and Twitter for the company. Every message sent, I read, every question that could be answered was. Wrestling fans have an amazing passion and varying opinions. That discussion is what fuels this business and what I find great about social media. Companies can talk about “getting in the conversation” but if you’re not in the conversation yourself, you’re simply broadcasting and not engaging.

Ring of Honor Wrestling under the ownership of Sinclair Broadcasting is the right step forward for pro wrestling. Joe Koff is an amazing businessman and salesman to lead the business end of the company into the future. Gary Juster will be bring ROH to new cities and great venues. I’m proud to have worked and learned wrestling from Jim Cornette and Hunter Johnston. The future of that TV program, live events and pay per views will amaze you at how great wrestling can be. I’m proud of my three years with ROH and know that they will make you proud to be a wrestling fan.

I leave Ring of Honor Wrestling to tackle new challenges. I’ve accepted a position as Director of Creative Writing with TNA Wrestling. My duties will be to focus solely on the development of new wrestling shows beyond the Impact Wrestling show. I’m excited to see what the future holds and thank everyone for the support over not only the last nine months of this site but through my entire career.

Sincerely,

David Lagana
@Lagana

·
Registered
8,335 Posts
This is great news, Lagana is extremely creative and was a loss to Wrestling when he left WWE, he got a raw deal in the end at titan towers, it's no surprise that Lagana joins when Pritchard takes over

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
What's so special about this guy? Throw me the bone...

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
I was wondering about Lagana's future with ROH when SBG took over. Good decision considering that he was probably coming in last year if Paul Heyman signed with the company.

Other shows could also mean that TNA is looking at doing a second show, and Lagana would be in charge of that so everyone else doesn't have to work on all the shows.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Thank GOD! Not only does this mean TNA has finally hired a great creative writer to their team, but also means another show for the company, which I've always hoped they would get.

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
Hope this does mean they get a second show lots of talent don't even get time on the 2 hours a week they do have.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
I was wondering about Lagana's future with ROH when SBG took over. Good decision considering that he was probably coming in last year if Paul Heyman signed with the company.

Other shows could also mean that TNA is looking at doing a second show, and Lagana would be in charge of that so everyone else doesn't have to work on all the shows.
They better make sure Impact gets back on its feet first at least. In all honesty Impact is enough. With Bruce and Lagana overruling everything Russo tries the future is amazingly bright for TNA after BFG.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I started to get excited but I have this phobia of getting excited about something before I see the end result so for now I'll just keep a straight face and with a monotone voice say "yay".Picture Ron Swanson saying it.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I always said they should tape Impact on the road and do Xplosion in the Impact Zone, but air it in the US. They might just keep Xplosion a UK only show and try something new and fresh for the US. Excited to see what comes from this.

·
The Sundance Kid
18,150 Posts
I don't know what effect this will have on TNA's product, he says his duties are to focus on new wrestling shows outside of Impact Wrestling. I can't see a drastic improvement coming from this.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Since some have asked here's his resume in a nutshell:

Worked with Heyman during the Smackdown Six era in 2002-2003.

Once Heyman was sent home, Lagana continued with the Smackdown brand with Bruce Prichard from 2003-the Summer of 2004.

At that point Prichard was sent home and Heyman was brought back to work with Lagana that lasted until the winter of 04 when Heyman was again sent home.

From the winter of 04-the Summer of 06, Lagana was Smackdown's head writer.

In the Summer of 06, Lagana joined ECW creative with Paul Heyman.

And in December of 06 when Heyman was sent home Lagana served as the head of ECW creative until January 2008.

The point is throughout all those periods, There was enjoyable content to be found.

Welcome Dave, You should have been hired alot sooner.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.