Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
February 24th - night after Elimination Chamber: http://pwinsider.com/article/81006/wwe-network-update-steph-sold-that-stock-too-soon-mania-tix-on-sale-soon-goldust-training-at-the-performance-center-billy-gunn-acts-like-a-heel-and-more.html?p=1

We have heard from few sources that the current plan for the WWE Network is to debut in the first quarter of next year. One source told me that the date right now is February 24, which would be the day after The Elimination Chamber and would have it in place leading up to WrestleMania. I have not been able to second source that date but can tell you that I have been told that people are working under the assumption that it will start in the first quarter of 2014.
I have an image of Michael Cole plugging this at every opportunity possible during the early Raw's next year.... :sad: Great timing though, would be an idea to replay past 'Mania's on the channel - although obviously it won't be heading over here to the UK.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
I really hope it does end up launching. With all the great matches WWE has put up on YouTube (in HD :mark:), I'm sure they'll have awesome content on the network.

·
Banned
8,180 Posts
I'm not against the idea, I just feel like this will be a failure because it really is a massive undertaking.

Then again, I'm not in on the board meetings so maybe the first quarter of 2014 is as good a time as any for a network launch.

·
Super Moderator
25,840 Posts
"Check out the brand-new WWE network, we'll show you just how to order it on your local satellite or cable provider, so your house will never be without WWE action again!" :cole3

Lawd have mercy.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
lol who would actually subscribe to a prowrestling channel lol

·
Banned
4,096 Posts
millions of dollars....

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
I hope that this doesn't mean that they are now going to go through and take down all of the good Youtube videos. Companies do this a lot, when they see a money-making media possibility.

·
Premium Member
2,835 Posts
I hope this is included with the sports package like NFL network, MLB network, NBA TV, ETC so I wont have to pay any extra

·
Premium Member
5,839 Posts
WOULD ONLY SUBCRIBE IF :

- They offer atleast 6 PPV'S on the channel..(I think all ppv's out of BIG 4 is reasonable though.)
- RAW/SMACKDOWN ON DEMAND THE NEXT MORNING
-NXT, PRETTY MUCH ALL THEIR SHOWS
-ALL PAST WCW,WWF, AND ANY PROMOTIONS THEY HAVE RIGHTS.
-REASONABLE PRICE.

The pay per view thing I believe could be the deal breaker, as well as the price. Generally in my area Comcast offers HBO between $10-$25 generally. What are the prices though or were they before?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Originally Posted by MrJamesJepsan View Post
lol who would actually subscribe to a prowrestling channel lol]
People that pay there own bills, and don't have to ask there mummy and daddys permission.

·
Premium Member
5,839 Posts
To addon

Be nice if they could have a stream service..as I really hate paying for cable. I pay for internet, and that's it I use HULU,Netflix ..fuck cable.

·
Banned
13,572 Posts
I doubt the network will ever be launched TBH

·
Registered
21,621 Posts
Now they've set a date, I really hope they stick to it. I'm sure the recent success of Total Divas has been a deciding factor in pushing it through, good for WWE.

·
Registered
12,426 Posts
"Check out the brand-new WWE network, we'll show you just how to order it on your local satellite or cable provider, so your house will never be without WWE action again!" :cole3

Lawd have mercy.
Half an hour of WWE App lessons, every night at 7 pm. Hosted by Cole...ugh.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts