Wrestling Forum banner

Dat IC title drop

5051 Views 50 Replies 22 Participants Last post by  Oxidamus
Anyone noticed how Christian just drops the title near the entrance ramp stairs and leaves it there the entire game?
The way he drops it just looks dirty to me. I know it's probably nothing to him considering his world titles and he probably doesn't care about it but, I don't know what I feel.

Disgust? Disappointment? Something along those lines, every fucking time he just throws it on the ground and leaves it there.

Example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOasvAlv0io
It may be a tag team match, but Santino's title isn't down there.

There's also at least one more case of it but I can't find it 'cause I don't remember when it was.
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

· Registered
3,330 Posts
It's pretty sad to see Christian do it, I assume that most people think of Christian as a good guy, who cares for the business.

Was he told to do that? If so, damn, some people in power are really dumb.
Also, I'd expect him to protest an instruction like that and give it to the ref.

If he does that on his own accord, yeah, why?
I have no clue.
SOMEONE TWEET HIM

· Premium Member
19,187 Posts
At least Christian can be seen with the Intercontinental Title and defends it regularly. Santino is awful U.S Champion who rarely defends his title and never places focus on it. You'll notice in all the cringe-worthy backstage segments Santino had on RAW this week, where he was looking for the anonymous GM, you couldn't see his U.S Title at all. It's like it means nothing to him. That combined with WWE's mindset that having feuds with ring announcers is more important than defending the title, tells you something about how WWE view the mid-card titles and how they view Santino. They view Santino as simply a joke character, and not a credible champion, which makes you why they put the title on him in the first place... WWE just doesn't give a shit about the mid-card titles, but the U.S Title especially.

· Banned
19,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's pretty sad to see Christian do it, I assume that most people think of Christian as a good guy, who cares for the business.

Was he told to do that? If so, damn, some people in power are really dumb.
Also, I'd expect him to protest an instruction like that and give it to the ref.
The worst part is he drops it before he gets in the ring to do the 'signature pose on the ropes' thing people often do whilst holding their title. It feels like he doesn't want to be seen with it.

If he does that on his own accord, yeah, why?
I have no clue.
SOMEONE TWEET HIM
:lol

At least Christian can be seen with the Intercontinental Title and defends it regularly. Santino is awful U.S Champion who rarely defends his title and never places focus on it. You'll notice in all the cringe-worthy backstage segments Santino had on RAW this week, where he was looking for the anonymous GM, you couldn't see his U.S Title at all. It's like it means nothing to him. That combined with WWE's mindset that having feuds with ring announcers is more important than defending the title, tells you something about how WWE view the mid-card titles and how they view Santino. They view Santino as simply a joke character, and not a credible champion, which makes you why they put the title on him in the first place... WWE just doesn't give a shit about the mid-card titles, but the U.S Title especially.
That's a fair argument, but I'm not comparing the two at all. At least Santino brings the title out, holds it up and respectfully hands it to the referee to put in a safe position. I'm not surprised he doesn't walk around with the title on backstage, it's a little silly carrying it around like that.

· Registered
3,330 Posts
Notice how he doesn't even have it during his YouTube show, Ryder at least had the US title on Long Island Iced Z while he was champ.

· Premium Member
19,187 Posts
That's a fair argument, but I'm not comparing the two at all. At least Santino brings the title out, holds it up and respectfully hands it to the referee to put in a safe position. I'm not surprised he doesn't walk around with the title on backstage, it's a little silly carrying it around like that.
Santino hasn't been doing that lately though. I can't remember the last time I actually saw the U.S Title on him. That wasn't something I've noticed about Christian, which is embarrassing considering how much of fan I am of him, but in my defense, I don't really pay attention during the entrances and I know many people are like that. Maybe he thinks he's better than the Intercontinental Title, and who could blame him? He's right and it was terrible how they booked his World Title runs.

Notice how he doesn't even have it during his YouTube show, Ryder at least had the US title on Long Island Iced Z while he was champ.
Well I don't watch those crappy WWE YouTube shows, but I'm not surprised. As much as I don't like Ryder, he wore the title with pride and you really believed the title meant a lot to him.

· Registered
3,330 Posts
Wow, only now did I notice that this is an Oxitron thread.
IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW

---
I actually tweeted him, lol. Asked him straight-up.

· Registered
866 Posts
I don't think its a big deal that Santino doesn't carries the US title around on his youtube show. Santino is usually walking around, interviewing people and doing stupid stuff so I can see why carrying around the title would be annoying.

· Registered
3,330 Posts
Well, still. He could show it off during the sitting segments or something.

· Banned
19,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Wow, only now did I notice that this is an Oxitron thread.
IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW

---
I actually tweeted him, lol. Asked him straight-up.
Brah i thought you liked my threads!

I don't understand why Christian drops the title instead of handing it to the ref maybe he doesn't like the new design. I know I don't. That shit is ugly.
I'm half and half on that design. I liked the black belt one, but every time I look at it now it looks weird.

· Banned
636 Posts
Christian is better than the IC title.
Just you wait till he gets 2 at the same time...

Reactions: Outlaw91

· Registered
3,330 Posts
That's why I wrote "IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW", as in, "a good thread, hm".

---
Just because it is the (a?) classic IC title doesn't mean that it looks good.
I'm indifferent about it.

· Banned
19,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Christian is better than the IC title.
Just you wait till he gets 2 at the same time...
:lol, I agree. I think he probably throws it around like it's nothing because of his ex-world title reigns, and he knows he's better than the shitty mid-card.

That's why I wrote "IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW", as in, "a good thread, hm".
Right ;). I know I make great threads but this probably isn't one of them lol.

· Banned
636 Posts
He'll probably throw it in the Crowd at MITB :lmao

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.