Wrestling Forum banner

"Dashing" Cody Rhodes over?

8519 55
Do you think with what has transpired today, do you think it's the end of the "Dashing" gimmick for Cody Rhodes and if so, what do you think the new gimmick will be?
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

· Registered
275 Posts
re: "Dashing" Cody Rhodes over?

Orton said a few months ago the dashing gimmick would be a branching off point for a deeper more intense character for Rhodes.
Mysterio asked specificlly for Rhodes to feud with

The dashing character is dead... we are witnessing the evolution of an American Psycho type character.

Rhodes has the charisma and ability to pull this off... this character will get him to the main event

In 12-18 months provided he remains healthy he will be a WHC

· Registered
1,254 Posts
re: "Dashing" Cody Rhodes over?

"Dashing" American dream.

· Registered
856 Posts
I agree with Dashing being more "intense" and "dark". He was a joke, but now he should be the joker.

Now that he has shown his ruthlessness in his smackdown return, he need to up another level of "evilness".

Make people afraid of offending him rather than just a funny heel. Joining the corre may not be a good idea since most of them do not make any significant impact. Unless wwe has no plans to up Cody another level, they should seriously repackage him.

Also a proper wrestling finisher move, not just a jumping kick. It is the slam that counts.

· Childish Gambino Is #1
6,268 Posts
Like most have said, it's just kicking into gear.
I'm really excited to see where they go with this. Hopefully they don't disappoint.

· Registered
5,515 Posts
"dashing" seemed to be holding him back

his father said even said this, cody rhodes was too concerned with being dashing than succeeding. Dashing cody rhodes is finished in my opinion. He will go back to cody rhodes.

· Anti-Hero
11,709 Posts
Perhaps the "Dashing" label is finished? Who knows, but like it or lump it, his dashing character has taken him to a whole new level.
What a compliment, to be handpicked by Rey to have a high profile feud with for Wrestlemania.
Look at the obscurity that Ted Dibiase has been relegated to on Raw. Rhodes is the breakout talent from the Legacy.
I think we will continue to see at least elements of his "dashing" character continuing forward ... and please let them keep the "Smoke and Mirrors" theme song. It's very catchy.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.