Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Despite popular belief, this guy is getting Ted Dibiase heat. The beauty tip vignettes were okay at first, but now they're just a waste of air time and he's going to run out of tips evenually. Only so many body parts to make dashing. He's a good talent, no doubt. And this Dashing gimmick is okay at helping him stand out. But it's not translating into him getting over, which is the whole point.

This version of Dashing Cody = Fail. He needs to get more vicious with his beauty tips like the mean girl we know he is (like that Fatt Hardy promo). And replace those vignettes with a little more promo time. If R-Truth gets to rap before matches, Cody should get to sling insults for 60 seconds about his opponent while walking to the ring. Either that, or scrap the gimmick altogether. Because it's not working as is.

(Of course, he could change nothing and just stay a heatless midcarder. That's okay too.)

What do you think?

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
When they run out of tips they may even have him devolpe a gimmick where he becomes OBSESSED with being Dashiung, Wearing a facial mask, scrubbing down before and after each match, disinfecting his hands between holds. etc.

·
#RiseAbove
1,471 Posts
Well R Truth rapping is technically a part of his entrance so he's not 'wasting time' to say, but I would sure like to see some of Mr. Dashing's vignettes aimed directly at other wrestlers on Smackdown!. Incorporate a simple 'how NOT to be dashing' flair and appeal to it.

Aside from that, I believe Mr. Dashing is moving along nicely. Just give it time to see which direction dashing will go in now since he's lost the titles and no rematch clause since Cena and Otunga 'lost' the already.

And yes, I am demanding WF use italics everytime the word DASHING is used in conjunction with Cody Rhodes

·
Banned
542 Posts
The only problem i see here is a good gimmick just with poor booking.

·
Banned
2,954 Posts
what's Ted Dibiase heat? Ted gets no heat, is that what you're saying. Cody gets at least some heat

Anyway, yeah they are doing this gimmick in a wrong way. He should be insulting everyone else, calling them ugly and thinking he really is the best looking guy around and others mean nothing. Him insulting others as he's coming down the ramp is a good idea

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
His gimmick is hilarious, it's entertaining. He just needs a goddamn feud.

·
Unlucky! Better luck next time!
416 Posts
I love his gimmick. I sit there cracking up when he does the Dashing vignette things, and with Michael Cole after. Hilarious. I agree he could do more "showing people themselves in the mirror" kind of thing. Like he did with Hardy.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
i think that his gimmick is progressing along nicely. i just think that he needs a feud that will make people want to care about him. thats not entirely his fault though. there are just not that many over enough faces on either brand to really put over guys like rhodes and mcintyre. i mean you can only use kingston for so long. kingston did a decent job of getting drew over and after that feud drew became somewhat obsolete until his unfulfilling tag title reign with rhodes. kingston was instrumental in helping to propel ziggler as they had a more than solid feud. so im assuming that maybe they can use kingston to get over cody for a bit..mysterio is tied up with del rio, edge im assuming will be tied up with swagger..big show is too big..we see what happened to punk in that feud...mvp is over but beating him no longer qualifies as a signature win, thus making a win against him meaningless. unless another face comes along, there is just nothing for rhodes to do. maybe a mini feud with kaval...if kaval doesn't start a program with ziggler. remember kaval does have a title shot.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
He just needs a feud, maybe Kofi?

·
You are being watched
5,683 Posts
Had it been a few years ago, I would have loved to see a cody vs boogeyman feud, despite my hate for boogeyman.
They need a gimmicked type character like that, which truly defines ugly. There isn't any completely ugly people in the WWE anymore, well not ugly to the point not one in a hundred would say there good looking. The closest to it is Goldust, but that would be a snoozefest. I think possibly a rey mysterio feud, saying he wears the mask to hide his ugliness yaddy yaddy ya.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
I wouldn't say that Cody Rhodes is failing at all and if it hadn't been for the genius who decided to put him with Drew McIntyre who much like Ted DiBiase could die in the ring and get no reaction we would probably see Cody Rhodes further ahead than he is as a heel on SmackDown. I would say that only Wade Barrett, The Miz, CM Punk and Alberto Del Rio are ahead of Cody Rhodes as a heel over the whole roster and all that is needed for Cody Rhodes is a proper feud done over a couple of months with PPV matches.

Cody Rhodes get's good heat from the crowd when he cut's a promo with the one on NXT when Husky Harris was eliminated being an epic example of his ability on the mic, what has happened on SmackDown though is the majority of tv time has been given to attempt making the feud between The Undertaker and Kane an epic feud. That feud has hurt a lot of other people on the roster because they are not getting the tv time they should like MVP, Kofi Kingston and Cody Rhodes but now with The Undertaker being off tv until January/February there is a lot more tv time for people like Cody Rhodes.

There are possibilities for Cody Rhodes in Kofi Kingston, Kaval, MVP and Rey Mysterio if the feud with Alberto Del Rio is done for great feuds that would elevate him and i wouldn't be surprised if WWE creative taking the tag teams title's off of him and Drew McIntyre wasn't because they are planning on putting the Intercontinental title on him sooner rather than later. I read somewhere that WWE are de-pushing Kaval so when he uses his NXT title shot thing it will be seen as an unexpected win and i don't see Kaval using it to wrestle for the World title so if Kaval takes the title from Dolph Ziggler i would say that Cody Rhodes is the standout and obvious choice to take the title from Kaval.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Don't like him or his gimmick. He can be ''Hollywood'' or ''Stone Cold'' Cody Rhodes, but he'll always be a fail.

·
Registered
545 Posts
He needs a feud and mic time. Its so hard to get over when all you have is random matches and the same vignettes every show. The WWE needs to start more personal feuds. They have given him a good gimmick they just need to give him promo time to develop his character.

·
Registered
55 Posts
i think he should be commended for having an original gimmick tbh. some better booking and in a few months everyone will be praising what a great heel he has become

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
This thread = fail

Cody Rhodes is 25 years old, has a solid gimmick, is a four-time WWE Tag Team Champion, isn't riding his father's coat tails, and is just getting started.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
The gimmick could get over if the whole thing was booked better. It's unimaginative booking like this which fails so many promising talents.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Cody Rhodes has a solid Gimmick,he needs to start having feuds and mic time to really get over.. he can become a nice midcard heel right now..

1 - 20 of 72 Posts