Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Childish Gambino Is #1
6,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm watching Smackdown and Reks comes out.
I listen to the song and it sounds EXACTLY like Darren Young's really awesome theme.
Youtub-ed it and found out it is, it's just a really stripped down version.
Here is Young's awesome version:

Here is Rek's version which is boring:

Like someone said on youtube:
"He takes Kaval's spot for BR and now steals DY's theme, who do they think this guy is??"

And has anyone found out why they aren't doing ANYTHING with Darren Young yet???
I mean he's been sitting in the back being the "missing link" for the past two months.:cuss:

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
9,500 Posts
I've said before, there are plenty of generic themes they could have given Reks, no need to confuse them like this.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Perhaps it's just a temporary theme and they will give Reks a new theme soon. They do it most of the time with the new wrestlers.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
I can think of a couple reasons why they're not using Young. Although they're using Otunga too so they don't really apply across the board, unfortunately...

·
Childish Gambino Is #1
6,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well half of Nexus is a joke now, so I understand what you mean.
I guess I'm just still confused as to why Young was kicked out
in the first place then was given a Missing Link role and nothing happened.
I feel bad for him, and I think he's talented and would become better with time.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Darren Young should never have had a theme.

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
Who is Tyler Reks? He should get a shirt that says that lol.

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
I know right?!

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,155 Posts
They'll probably give Reks a real theme since they seem to be pushing him at the moment (from obscure dark match wrestler to lower-end midcarder, I grant, but it's still a push) while Darren Young will probably be given his theme back as he toils away on Superstars. Or not, who knows?

·
Banned
1,988 Posts
WWE management probably realized what a terrible worker Young is even when facing an experienced opponent like William Regal. Darren Young doesn't even deserves to be in WWE. Hopefully I will never have to see that loser ever again.

·
Premium Member
15,439 Posts
Oh well they both suck anyway. Young would be at least be tolerable in a tag team with Watson. Reks is just garbage.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
Yeah, giving him that theme and sending him out for that big interference was like testing the water to see if the crowd cared about him. They didn't.

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
Its all a build to a theme music on a pole match at Wrestlemania. Reks vs Young winner ge..... damn if only they were both in TNA.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Who needs Young? Nexus is in way way way better shape now with the addition of Husky and McGillicutty than before. Young sucked anyway

·
Bowing down to the BEAST INCARNATE
4,567 Posts
This is just another case of WWE creative and WWE production not caring about the product enough to take care of minute details such as trying to get different theme songs for two very different wrestlers....

·
Purebred Powerhouse
5,754 Posts
Darren YOung would probably be best utilized in a tag team. Team him with Reks or reunite the South Beach Boyz from FCW, and he'd have a reason to be on TV.

Outside of that, I don't really see any reason to clear a spot for him.

·
Banned
4,312 Posts
Interesting. He had a pretty good match with Cena and got in alot of offense yet he's been kicked down and held back ever since. That's Raw booking for you.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Reks' version of the song sounds a bit like some of Lesnar's themes in a few places and I like it. Please don't assume I'm making the leap that Reks is going to get a Lesnar push based on that observation.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Darren Young should use Cena's old theme and start a Black Cena rap gimmick.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts