Wrestling Forum banner

161 - 180 of 1565 Posts

·
Friends Come And Go,Banners Hang Forever
25,686 Posts
just helped someone with pontiff, that fight is so much fun. :drose

2/2 in helping people with the boss. both times we had a third summon that died. :lmao

edit: 4/4

pontiff is officially my bitch. :drose

although 3 people makes it way too easy.

·
I wonder what Aeris felt...When she was up on that
31,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #164
I fought the tree maybe 20 times last night. Easy as hell, but I love it. Plus I need dem Sunny D medals

·
Premium Member
19,332 Posts
Yeah poison is this game is like it was in Dark Souls 1... it's nothing to be bothered with. I actually like the area. I haven't figured out how to access the boss yet though... I'm working on it however :p

·
The Sundance Kid
18,386 Posts
Spent 3 hours in Farron Keep (10x worse than Road of Sacrifices) getting lost and finding cool shit. Ended up killing a Stray Demon which was fun.

Then I finally found my way to the first Cinder lord boss which was a pain in the ass. After an hour of dying in the most bullshit ways possible I finally beat him down.

Hopefully the zones are less shit going forward. Moving really slow and constantly being poisoned aren't my idea of interesting zones. Just makes it a chore I want to be over with as soon as possible.

I still have no idea how I want to build my character. I'm a sword and board knight right now but blocking seems really nerfed this game with all the quick-hitting/kicking enemies. Meanwhile fast attacks seem to be the best strategy against a lot of enemies. Thinking of going Dex/Faith or Dex/Int.

·
SNOWBLIND
7,529 Posts
Started a new play through with a different starter class. First boss wasn't so bad the second time around, primarily because I'm no longer hitting square to attack. I'm still terrible, though. The first halfway decent knight (of the re-spawning variety) probably would've murdered me if I never tried to run away and heal. He tried to chase me across the bridge and got caught in the dragon fire so fuck him. Rested and fought him a few more times and got slaughtered once or twice. He's aggressive as a motherfucker. Started to get my shit together a little more though, and he's not so bad after that. Also killed the giant crystal lizard before the first bonfire. A mimic so early in the game is pretty awesome. I mean, who expects the first chest you come across to eat you? Not fucking me, that was for sure (cool idem drop, tbf). Got the Claymore from the bridge with the dragon, so I'll probably start using that after I put another point into dexterity. Also fought the Uchigitana (or however you spell it) guy and he was cutting me to ribbons so I just kicked him off the cliff and it was extremely satisfying. Extremely. I'll be as cheap as I need to be, I don't give a fuck.

Maybe it's just because I've only really started and I'm still trying to get back into the swing of things (and I'm also terrible), but this feels a fair bit harder than DS 2. I'll probably get sick of dying to all the jabroni enemies pretty soon and go back to playing Donkey Kong. Diddy Kong never had to deal with this shit so why should I?

·
Premium Member
19,332 Posts
once you kicked Uchi guy off you can reset the game to go get his item drop, Cunt. Uchi is pretty great.

·
Premium Member
19,332 Posts
and holy fuck at the Farron Greatsword/dagger combo. Nice!
@ironman

·
25,686 Posts
@AryaDark

put the shark gem stone on your twin swords to maximize dex bonus(automatically makes it an A).

fucking GOAT weapon attacks too. :banderas

i did it with my rapier and scimitar too so hopefully you get more later on as i havent had anymore since. :side:

·
Premium Member
19,332 Posts
@AryaDark

put the shark gem stone on your twin swords to maximize dex bonus(automatically makes it an A).

fucking GOAT weapon attacks too. :banderas

i did it with my rapier and scimitar too so hopefully you get more later on as i havent had anymore since. :side:
@Magic I've had them drop in the Catacombs. So maybe you can farm them there.

·
25,686 Posts
third cinder down. could have him right after the second guy as i had his whole area apparently unlocked(just didnt find his fog gate), but i did some online play. got him on my third attempt, only died because he has some cheap fucking aoe move. :no:

the invasions with the aldor guys are great. :banderas

·
25,686 Posts
soul of the dancer in one try*

birthday massacre can confirm the screwjob that took place in my first fight when he went to zero health and still killed me after finishing its move. :no: it came up dead too, no health left.

161 - 180 of 1565 Posts