Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 1565 Posts

·
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi
1,676 Posts
Re: Dark Souls III (April 12th, 2016) - ONLY EMBERS REMAIN

I still need to finish the first two games. I'm about halfway through both of them. :side:
Same i'm halfway through Dark Souls: PTD and still have to play First Sins, probably gonna play Bloodborne too before even touching Dark Souls 3

·
Custom User Title
15,224 Posts
Re: Dark Souls III (April 12th, 2016) - EMBRACE THE DARKNESS (Spoiler Thread After April 12th)

Yeah, one of my fav youtubers is uploading an LP of it right now. How is this allowed so early?
They're review copies, so there are critics' thoughts on the game by the time the game launches.

Plus no one has to watch the footage that's up.

·
I wonder what Aeris felt...When she was up on that
31,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Re: Dark Souls III (April 12th, 2016) - EMBRACE THE DARKNESS (Spoiler Thread After April 12th)

They're review copies, so there are critics' thoughts on the game by the time the game launches.

Plus no one has to watch the footage that's up.
Actually it's people who bought the Japanese copy on their X1 most likely.

·
Custom User Title
15,224 Posts

Mind blanked on Japanese release, damn they got the game already. :(

Jim Sterling said he got a review copy though; supposedly it's crashed on him a hundred times. Went to skip through his 25 minute upland to find English text but chickened out because of spoilers. I saw SOMETHING big.

·
EIRE
15,862 Posts

So, as someone who is new to the Souls games I'm planning on getting DS 2 for the Xbox One today. Any tips? I know literally nothing about the universe other than the game play videos I have watched. It seems a bit overwhelming to me when they are talking about hollowing and how this adds this perk to that perk and I see the upgrade screen and there are all these stats and it looks like you're looking at a plate of spaghetti. I understand the games are difficult and that's fine. I noticed in DS 1 you were more in one continuous area whereas in DS 2 you kind of travel around a bit. Does it make it more confusing? I know as an absolute, never touched the game noob I have tons of shit to learn and discover, I'm just finding it slightly intimidating. Especially since the version I am buying is the holy shit version of DS 2 apparently with all the DLC and they redid some things. Apparently it's supposed to be the hardest version of the game, especially in the beginning, so that makes me slightly nervous as well.

·
B̴l̨e͡edįng͜ Sin ⛧
10,403 Posts

Learning to two-hand and not rely on your shield will get you far.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts

So, as someone who is new to the Souls games I'm planning on getting DS 2 for the Xbox One today. Any tips? I know literally nothing about the universe other than the game play videos I have watched. It seems a bit overwhelming to me when they are talking about hollowing and how this adds this perk to that perk and I see the upgrade screen and there are all these stats and it looks like you're looking at a plate of spaghetti. I understand the games are difficult and that's fine. I noticed in DS 1 you were more in one continuous area whereas in DS 2 you kind of travel around a bit. Does it make it more confusing? I know as an absolute, never touched the game noob I have tons of shit to learn and discover, I'm just finding it slightly intimidating. Especially since the version I am buying is the holy shit version of DS 2 apparently with all the DLC and they redid some things. Apparently it's supposed to be the hardest version of the game, especially in the beginning, so that makes me slightly nervous as well.
The best tip I can give a first time player to Dark Souls is not to take or ask for any tips. Go in blind and figure things out for yourself. It will be a far more enjoyable experience for you.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts

Man can't wait for this just 19 days! Everything I'm playing right now just feels like a place-holder until Dark Souls 3 comes out (which removes a bit of the shine, admittedly).

Finally Pre-Ordered this beast. First time going into a Souls game completely blind (although, I was mostly blind for Bloodborne despite picking it up about 3 months after release).

Also, if anyone is interested in pre-ordering this, Simply Games have it at a great price. Got it for less than £40 with shipping.

19 Days!

·
31,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #29

Take your time in the tutorial section. Learn the basics and repeat the area a couple times (you'll likely die anyways so no problems redoing the area).

Also, if an area is too hard, it's probably because you've gotten there too soon or you need to level up a little bit or upgrade your weapon.

·
B̴l̨e͡edįng͜ Sin ⛧
10,403 Posts

These motherfuckers better have kept the GOAT Zweihander :hogan

·
The Man
25,722 Posts

☆Shala☆;58333737 said:
These motherfuckers better have kept the GOAT Uchigatana :hogan
Can't wait :mark:
@Sephiroth will you give me your Uchigatana again so I can dual wield them.

·
31,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #32

I'm forever faithful to my lovely Iaito, so you can have my Uchi.

·
24,250 Posts

I am beyond hyped for this game...have it pre-ordered and April 12th cannot come soon enough! Also I'm sure all you fine folks already watched the epic Accursed trailer released a few days ago...

"Visions of hype and then mind blown"

·
Banned
5,212 Posts

What in the name of fuck. Had to browse 3 pages to see this thread. Did all you cucks go to COD threads or what?

I couldn't help myself and watch several vids and WOW...JUST WOW, HOLY FUCKING WOW.

1st off) They added more different enemies per level.

2nd off) Each single enemy looks cooler AND bigger, some of them almost look like DS1/DS2/DeS/BB Bosses I mean I was literally wtfing at the designs. And their movesets are cool to boot too.

3rd off) The level design looks so beautiful. I don't care about those nerds on DigitalFoundry who didn't like the graphics compared to shitty games like Quantum Break (a game nobody will remember in 2 weeks) - it just looks so fucking nice, everything has such a big space and tons of detail.

DS3 may be the best DS yet simply based on vids. The fighting seems faster with more stamina and faster reactions but still as heavy as always, the graphics are insanely good from an artistic standpoint, the maps look incredibly good and atmospheric with tons of room to explore.

Honestly, I'm completely confused on which edition to buy. TBH, I just want to get the regular game, but I need a new GPU so it may get bundled with some nVidia/AMD graphics cards - but then again I also want to get the Prima solution book cause it looks awesome as it explains tons of lore. Also there's this special edition that has everything except the game...but with a sword and emerald estus flask. I always thought of drinking an estus as drinking a glass of beer or met - I guess even the drinkers demographics From Software got covered up. Thinking about it, there's nothing cooler than drinking a glass of met/beer IRL (depending on estus flask size) while healing yourself ingame. In fact, after seeing that edition, I instantly thought of buying it but backed up as soon as I saw it only has the sword, estus, a few cool book covers and the solution but not the real game :(.

Also any notes about crossplay? MS recently added crossplay to some games (or wants to add at least) so I wanna know how it is with DS3, I'm on PC and wouldn't mind playing with some of you.

Reactions: Dolorian

·
31,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #35 (Edited)

No to crossplay. For now it's mainly Microsoft published games that have some crossplay between PC and X1.

Digital Foundry was playing a pre-patchd Japanese version. Wait until the 1.01 patch is out on launch to compare. People who did the Japan workaround to get a copy can't download if not in Japan.

Edit: The estus flask can't be actually used as a glass apparently.

Edit: Steam has a bundle where you get the game and a Steam controller for 15% off

·
Premium Member
19,332 Posts

I'm not going to watch these videos lol I want to experience the game without being spoiled by watching these videos. We'll get to experience it in just over a week and this thread will be thriving then.

Reactions: GAD247

·
Friends Come And Go,Banners Hang Forever
25,686 Posts

figuring out how to beat the boss, it's moves, it's weaknesses, etc is all apart of the fun. same with any general enemy. i find no fun or value in watching others do it for me and making the game easier for myself. :toomanykobes

·
The Man
25,722 Posts

That's good Magic, because there's gonna be no video on how to beat Soup 8*D. You'll have to be taking notes after every loss. I'll give you one hint.

-watch out for lightning spears :mark:

·
31,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #39

Reviews are pouring in. I'll be able to add excerpts to the OP tonight.

90 on Metacritic and Gamerankings

21 - 40 of 1565 Posts