Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
43,880 Posts
Watched all episodes thus far and I love the show. I guess by default its the best wrestling show on TV right now.

The Benoit 2 parter was emotionally draining and the New Jack one was flipping insane.

·
Premium Member
3,470 Posts
Jimmy Snuka and the Death of Nancy Argentino - Seems like Tonga Kid had no prior knowledge of what he was being interviewed for. He couldn't recall Nancy's name until the interviewer reminded him.

·
Premium Member
3,470 Posts
What a loser Dr. D David Schultz is.

Vince fired him... he lost his wrestling career... Hulk Hogan didn't want to know him anymore.

HAHA... fucking loser. John Stossel should have sued for millions.

·
Smokin' Da Good Stuff
2,163 Posts
Watched them all. The latest one with the uvwf and it's owner snorting coke and wearing cowboy boots wasn't my fave ep. So far bruiser Brody murder has been .

Anyone eleses faves?

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
I've loved this series so far. If they do a series 3, I'm hoping they cover Chris Adams and the Heroes of Wrestling PPV.

·
Smokin' Da Good Stuff
2,163 Posts
Heard thete planning a Hogan one aswell. Think they should do one with how not to run a company bischoff style

·
Smokin' Da Good Stuff
2,163 Posts
Hey guys theres a new episode of Dark side ring ng based on The Road warriors/ Legion of doom freaking really enjoyable.

Peace.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I just wish there was more story telling like someone said and fix the pacing. Like the Dino Bravo one, you get to his murder in the last 3/4 of the episode. The whole episode felt a little dry. Same with the Snuka episode, it all felt a little dry to me, not that I need to be "entertained" by these subjects but i don't know how to explain it well. The Gino Hernandez was the best in terms of suspense, mystery, I was on the edge of my seat watching it. Felt like a true crime doc, some of these, they been very good don't get me wrong, have been more" this happened, then this happened, then this happened".

·
Smokin' Da Good Stuff
2,163 Posts
Agree about the gino one but my new is the road warriors one.

With the gino one thete was a beginning middle n end I get u.
I agree when Ellering was saying what he said at the funeral I teared up, next weeks is gonna be crazy!
Must be uk taste fella as its my new fave

What's next weeks one fella??

Peace.

·
Premium Member
43,880 Posts
The Dr. D episode was my favorite one of the season as they took that event and kind of wove it into the larger narrative of the death of kayfabe. Also, Schultz turned out to be an interesting figure to focus on. His bounty hunter exploits could almost be a movie all its own, lol.

The Herb Abrams episode was a showcase for a clown, and to that end, it worked. If he wasn't such an over the top figure, the history of the UWF would be fairly boring, but because he's remembered as being so over the top and nuts, he made a good subject to focus on.

The Road Warriors episode was probably my least favorite of the season because it didn't tell me anything I didn't already know. Watch the Road Warriors WWE DVD from a while back and you get practically the same thing.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts