Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Death Rides a Horse
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New trailer for Season 2 of Dark Side of the Ring released.

Season 2 of the show, which goes behind the scenes of some of the most controversial stories in pro wrestling, will debut on March 24 at 9 p.m. ET/PT. The two-hour season premiere will delve into the story of Chris Benoit, who killed his wife, Nancy, and son, Daniel, in 2007 before committing suicide. The episode will feature interview’s with Benoit’s family and friends, including his other son, David, and Sandra Toffoloni, Nancy Benoit’s sister.

The season will also feature episodes on: the murder of Dino Bravo; the “Brawl for All” tournament that led to career-ending injuries; the career of ECW star New Jack; David Schultz’s violent run-in with a 20/20 reporter; the death of Nancy Argentino, Jimmy Snuka’s girlfirend; the story of tag team wrestling legends Hawk and Animal; Herb Abrams’ attempt to build a wrestling empire; and the story of Owen Hart’s death during a WWE pay-per-view.
I really enjoyed Season One can't wait.

·
Death Rides a Horse
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Another trailer was released for the Chris Benoit episode airing next week.

·
Premium Member
43,880 Posts
Its really a shame that this has happened.

Wrestlemania, TakeOver, The Hall of Fame, Blood and Guts, The New Japan Cup, The Crockett Cup, the TNA Reunion Show and many other things that were exciting, interesting, or at least worth a look were all negatively impacted by all this.

So at the very least, it is very cool that we have at least this to look forward to enjoy.

·
Registered
23,382 Posts
They aired Part 1 of the Benoit Special on Youtube:

Gotta say, I knew Eddie and Chris were friends. But watching this, damn, I never knew how close they actually were and how much Eddie's death impacted Chris.

And seeing how the death of both men affected everyone in this video is just heartbreaking.

Also liked that they brought up Nancy's wrestling history as well as I was unaware of a lot of it. And I had never heard the stories of Kevin Sullivan being abusive either.

·
Death Rides a Horse
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gotta say, I knew Eddie and Chris were friends. But watching this, damn, I never knew how close they actually were and how much Eddie's death impacted Chris.
I just finished watching this a little while ago, and yeah I was surprised how hard Chris took it. I knew they were best buds, but damn Chris was shedding more tears than Chavo. The guy just looked like a total emotional wreck.

I want to watch that RAW tribute episode to Eddie again but I don't want to get all misty eyed.

·
Registered
257 Posts
The New Jack episode was amazing, I wish wrestlers could cut promos today like the OJ Simpson promo he cut. That was gold.

·
Death Rides a Horse
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is there anywhere you can see the New Jack episode online? I've seen a few on YouTube but they don't look like their complete and the quality is so so.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Is there anywhere you can see the New Jack episode online? I've seen a few on YouTube but they don't look like their complete and the quality is so so.
it's still locked on vice's website, but it'll probably be on their youtube channel sometime this week.

·
Still training, saying my prayers, eating my vitam
4,247 Posts
Really excited for the Brawl for All episode tonight. I don't think I'll ever watch the Owen episode. I still can barely watch his matches.

·
Ilya Smirnov ate my puppy.
4,920 Posts
Two things have really hit home watching this Brawl For All episode. 1, professional wrestling is a shitty, shitty business. And 2, Vince Russo is every bit the complete fucking moron I always thought he was.

Bart Gunn still looks pretty damn good, though. Good for him getting out of the business.

·
Registered
257 Posts
So this whole shot happened because of Vince Russo having a petty beef with JBL, FFS. Also I can't see how any wrestling fan could respect Vince Russo, a man who clearly states he doesn't like wrestling.

·
Registered
257 Posts
This episode really exposed them as not having a clue about real fighting. Severn would've won easily but with those rules and with boxing gloves on he did the smart thing and left the tournament. I'm actually mad how Bart was treated, JR can go on with the "no one got over" bullshit yet made no attempt to do anything with him, only brought him back to get humialted at Mania. That is just sick man.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts