Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called Toys R Us today to order my cousin some WWE action figures for his birthday. When i placed my order i curiously asked the person i was on the phone with did WWE action figures sell good and she told me that people rarely buy the WWE toys and that never sell out. She went on to tell me that kids these days would rather play with hanna montanna toys or spongebob than buy a john cena action figure.

WWE fired danielson because of something mattel didn't like which was stupid considering they aren't making much profit from mattel in the first place. It makes sense though. This isn't the 90s anymore. No ones going to buy any action figures of stale ass triple h, batista or edge. And apparently Cena isn't the big casual draw Vince likes to make us think. Laughing my ass off at how even the kids can't stand the PG era.

I knew it deep down. This Cena poster boy stuff is for the birds. Vince needs to either make Orton his new poster boy or take a gamble with one of the current mid-carders.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Glad i dont rely on you for my marketing....you think that your toy'r'us is the demographic that world goes by....i just called up my wal mart and the one fat ass that works 12 hours a week told me they sell faster than anything in the store!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Glad i dont rely on you for my marketing....you think that your toy'r'us is the demographic that world goes by....i just called up my wal mart and the one fat ass that works 12 hours a week told me they sell faster than anything in the store!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA awesome

·
Registered
802 Posts
RKO1988, I presume you are 21-22 years of age judging by your username. I would expect that you are able to realise that sales of one Toys R Us store is not a representation of WWE toys sold in other Toys R Us store and other stores that they are sold in.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,748 Posts
oh hey, this isn't stupid.

your one Toys R Us store represents every single other store that sells the toys all around the world. that one person was truly the expert on mattel and WWE and what sells. congrats, you're totally on your game for this one.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,748 Posts
He also forgets that Mattel pay WWE for the rights to use the image of the superstars. So it's that money WWE would've potentially lost, not he profit from the toys.
this as well. WWE doesn't really need the toys to make bank to make money, that's Mattel that needs the toys to sell.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wal-Mart is a totally different story here. I dunno there are still people buying wrestlign figures. Toys R Us by me has a whole half isle of wrestling toys an a end cap. Mostly all WWE and hardly any UFC/TNA. Maybe they're not selling well, becuase the new line looks like utterly crap.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.