Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Is a Snit Head
22,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess the card wasn't good enough without it.....

Ring of Honor is proud to announce that “The Notorious 187” Homicide and “The Fallen Angel” Christopher Daniels will do battle on December 18th at “Final Battle 2010”!

These two legends of ROH have only clashed one-on-one a handful of times despite both men being a part of Ring of Honor since “The Era of Honor Begins” in 2002. They have traveled similar roads outside of ROH, but within Ring of Honor Homicide has accomplished the one thing Daniels has not: capturing the ROH World Title, a feat Homicide accomplished at “Final Battle 2006”. Both men are on the hunt for a shot at the belt and whoever walks out of “Final Battle 2010” as the champion, so this match may go a long way towards determining who will vie for another shot at the belt. Daniels recently had one, and failed, but a victory here will likely put him right back into contention. Homicide has been undefeated since coming back to ROH at “Glory by Honor IX” so a victory for him would put “The Notorious 187” pretty much at the head of the pack.

So we get:
Richards/Strong
Steen/Generico
Omega/Edwards
Briscoes/Kings
Colt/TJP
Homicide/Daniels

I don't have any complaints.

·
Registered
13,042 Posts
Not as high as everyone else is about Homicide/Daniels, but still should be decent and Homicide will win to set up Homicide/whomever the champ is at the Chicago iPPV.

·
Registered
13,042 Posts
Well that one will also last until the next iPPV with probably a "Final Shot" stip added, which hopefully the Kings win.

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
this card is stacked, Steen/Generico should main event

like Triplemania, seconded

add in ANE vs wgtt rematch and this show will be complete

·
Is a Snit Head
22,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think we're much more likely to see ANE against Cole and O'Reilly. Which is a pretty damn good opener.

I don't see how they could possibly have anyone but Steen and Generico main event in all honesty.

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,974 Posts
Good. It's all going as I wanted it to.

I wonder if ROH will keep Del Rey's partner, in the women's match, secret? Keeping people guessing might be a better hype tactic. Let the morons of the world speculate that it's Lita or Chyna or some shit or just tease that it could be Hamada...

So...with ANX-Cole/O'Reilly we have eight matches? Guess that's the card done then. There's a 4CS happening the night before, so I presume that won't happen at FB now. Suppose that means that the likes of Corino, Lynn, Bennett and others won't be wrestling at FB...:hmm:

Anyway, here's some relevant viewing materialz:

·
Registered
919 Posts
Can't get anymore stale than the 1 year feud between Steen/Generico. ROH really needs to find new feuds for both of them.

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
"Im at the top of my game"

how many times have we heard that from guys who are just simply over the hill

and should wrestling stop referencing mma as a whole?

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Man, Final Battle will kick some ass! Can't wait!

·
Is a Snit Head
22,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Can't get anymore stale than the 1 year feud between Steen/Generico. ROH really needs to find new feuds for both of them.
If by stale you mean feud of the year then I agree.

And ROH really should announce who Del Rey's partner is unless they have some really fucking awesome. Expectations always go to insane levels when there is a mystery partner and if they can't meet them they should just reveal who the partner is before the match.

·
2,775 Posts
I expected this match. I expect Homicide to win, to continue his unbeaten streak on his road to the ROH World Championship.

Card is stacked, can't wait for it now. As others have said, Steen\Generico should definitely Main Event.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts