Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/an-roh-legend-signs/

Fresh off his match with Davey Richards, ROH officials are extremely excited to announce that “The Fallen Angel” Christopher Daniels has officially signed a contract with Ring of Honor Wrestling!

As one of the men who put ROH on the map with a classic 3-way match at “The Era of Honor Begins”, Daniels has set the standard for every Ring of Honor competitor that has come along in the last 8-plus years. He reigned as the first-ever ROH Tag Team Champion and with his unparalleled technical ability, the devastating Angel’s Wings, and the BME, Daniels has earned the title of “ROH Legend”. Those are the same tools he now uses as he strives to earn the moniker “best wrestler in the world” and the title of ROH World Champion.

ROH is happy to have “The Fallen Angel” on board as Chris gets his opportunity to take care of both goals when he battles ROH World Champion Roderick Strong in Mississauga , ON , Canada on November 13th for the ROH World Title. Click here (http://www.rohwrestling.com/store.php?sec=prod&prod=569) to purchase tickets for ROH’s return to Canada.

·
8,232 Posts
Good shit. I'd rather have him stay in ROH than come back to TNA. We all know how it'd turn out if he came back to TNA.

I hope to God he's at the Detroit show I'm going to next month.

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
Looks fine to me. Obviously it'd be "A Ring Of Honor...", but "An R-O-H..." would be right if you were using the initials.

Good news for Daniels. He was never going to get a good shake in TNA, and obviously he's not getting younger, so hopefully this run will be a great one for him.

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
Yeah, it's not quite as snappy an acronym as WWE or TNA to say, and I usually just read it as Ring Of Honor. I guess they can't very well write 'A R-O-H', it just looks wrong too.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
The Sheikuation™;8965764 said:
Good shit. I'd rather have him stay in ROH than come back to TNA. We all know how it'd turn out if he came back to TNA.

I hope to God he's at the Detroit show I'm going to next month.
He'll be there. He's signed and scheduled for both Detroit & Mississauga.

Great news. Can't wait to see Daniels vs. Strong for the World strap in Mississauga.

·
Registered
13,042 Posts
Figured he's sign so ROH could keep him from TNA. Good news for them.

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,975 Posts
- It's great that the majority of ROH's top talent seemingly doesn't want to go to TNA.

- Davey and Daniels would both be perfect champions. I don't mind if either ends up with the belt.

- On the 'ROH' thing I've always read it "Arr-Oh-Aitch", like the chants.

- On an interesting (and slightly Captain Obvious) note, the reason why 'an' is used instead of 'a', in certain situations, is because the following word begins with a vowel sound. Putting the 'en' sound in there makes it much easier to get your mouth around. It's the reason why Robbie E is a shit name. Vowel sounds do go well next to each other. It's something that you see a lot in French. 'Je adore' become 'J'adore'.

·
copy of a copy of a
3,752 Posts
I can't imagine anyone speaking English pronouncing it rawh or however you type it. Here it's common, though, since initials-only would sound retarded in ROH's case. Our language is kinda retarded anyway.

·
Registered
114 Posts
That Detroit card also features Roderick Strong and Survival of the Fittest 2010.

I want Daniels to end Richards (inevitable) Title reign before Davey retires.
Davey's not retiring any time soon anymore; his wife was the one making him, and they're getting a divorce.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts