Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found myself watching the Occupy Raw segment from 2014 leading to Daniel Bryan vs Triple H and ultimately Randy vs Batista vs Bryan main event for the title. The whole storyline of Bryan trying to get the title back was one of the best storylines of all time, whether the end game was always Bryan winning at Mania or not it is what we got. Is Bryans Road to Wrestlemania 30 the best storyline of all time or are there others you can think of? Another really good one is HBK vs Takers heading towards their first match at Mania 25. Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
It is definitelly up there, I get goosbumps just thinking about the video package they showed before the match with HHH.

·
The Babyface of WF
Defying the role dynamic
16,485 Posts
Honestly I'd take it as the longer term build wise being the best I would actually concede to that notion tbh.

In short Austin vs Rock in 2001 was better imo.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Id say no as it was a total accident and they never really wanted Bryan anywhere near that spot. Every week he was getting his ass handed to him, not great storytelling for me personally. Best for me are Hogan Savage going into 5 & Shawn/Tyson Austin going into 14.

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
HBK v Undertaker for me. Whoever booked that should have been in charge of all the storylines, because it was way better than the WWE’s usual stuff...

·
Banned
2,238 Posts
It was my favourite. That was th most invested I'd been in wrestling in over a decade.

The whole including Debra - who I liked - in Austin and Rock's WM17 build is what keeps that from being number 1 for me.

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
Hell no, the early WrestleMania's were just classic and had tremendous long term story telling. I'm going to go with the year long build of the Mega Powers exploding.

·
Premium Member
12,231 Posts
I don't know if it's the best ever but it's definitely a top 10 contender for me.

·
Registered
6,819 Posts
It's up there, but no it is not the best.

I'll add something no one has said yet. WM 1 is better than Bryan storyline.

The way they built it on MTV then Saturday Night Live is iconic. Rock N Wrestling. It gets overlooked because it was the first, but the way Piper started that whole beef and then ends up having Mr. T involved is great building on road to Mania before there was a thing called road to Mania.

·
THE NXT CHAMP BAYBAY !
11,496 Posts
Austin v. Rock from Mania 17 was better easy. Hell, Austin's individual run from his journey past recovery to climbing back to the main event of a Mania was much better.

·
Waiting for Kawato
1,523 Posts
The Undertaker-Kane storyline that began when Paul Bearer threatened Taker with blackmail when he was champion and ended at Wrestlemania 14 (didn't technically end at Wrestlemania, but everything after that point is less essential) is the greatest story I've ever seen week to week in pro wrestling by miles.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Best storyline would be Triple H vs Batista in 2005.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts