Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
His contract might be coming to an end this yeah (3 Year contract from 2012). Will he sign with WWE or leave? I hope he goes to NJPW or back to ROH and they get some sort of TV deal.

P.S. I could be wrong and he extended already. My source were the leaked salaries that happened in 2012.

·
Banned
3,278 Posts
Hope not, I enjoyed his work best in WWE, it's grown to become his home, where he got a majority of his fans from.

·
Registered
12,737 Posts
His contract might be coming to an end this yeah (3 Year contract from 2012). Will he sign with WWE or leave? I hope he goes to NJPW or back to ROH and they get some sort of TV deal.

P.S. I could be wrong and he extended already. My source were the leaked salaries that happened in 2012.
If anything he would just retire , and have kids with his bella

·
Banned
13,572 Posts
LOL Bryan is not leaving and is most likely retiring in wwe.

Top guy in wwe, always on tv, gets paid big money, and gets to show the world his awesomeness. Cant do that anywhere else but wwe

yea he's not leaving

·
Banned
5,743 Posts
He almost certainly signed a new contract. There is no way he is on the same salary as he was in 2012 given the change in status that occurred in the last three years.

If he is then he really needs to get his head out of his ass and stop being mugged off.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
He's going to stay. He loves wrestling and he loves making people happy. He's not going to New Japan just so they can book him strongstyle. He wants to eventually start a family, and I'm pretty sure Brie isn't too keen on packing all her shit up and going to Asia.
Actually NJPW is a touring company so his schedule would be way lighter. Plus in the WWE he would be away from home too.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
He almost certainly signed a new contract. There is no way he is on the same salary as he was in 2012 given the change in status that occurred in the last three years.

If he is then he really needs to get his head out of his ass and stop being mugged off.
The way contracts work are you get a base pay but you have virtually no limit on what you can make. So theoretically anyone in the WWE could make millions if they're pushed correctly.

·
Banned
5,743 Posts
The way contracts work are you get a base pay but you have virtually no limit on what you can make. So theoretically anyone in the WWE could make millions if they're pushed correctly.
Ahh ok. Yea makes sense.

I remember Orton's divorce proceedings got leaked and his wife was claiming he made between $100-$250k per month but made significantly more than that on different occasions.

·
Banned
14,424 Posts
Bryan is the ultimate team player. No top guy in history would take the abuse he's taken from Vince/HHH the last 3 years. But he legitimately just likes performing, and it's obvious.

I don't know how personally he takes the way they shit on him. It seems like from interviews, that he fully knows the stupidity of WWE's booking moves, but he's just there to do his job. And the most eyes will be on him in the WWE.

I think he would be happier in a low card match at Wrestlemania than going back to bingo halls.

·
The NEW
13,467 Posts
From his perspective, it wouldn't make sense for him to leave. He makes a lot of money in the WWE and is on the road w/ his wife. + He is very popular.

But I wouldn't mind him leaving and going to New Japan. Him vs. Tanahashi could potentially be the match of the decade, as those 2 (alongside CM Punk) are the best performers of 2010's, so far.

·
The Fresh Prince Is Back On His Throne!
11,553 Posts
He'll stay, he worked his entire adult life to make it to WWE and he won't give it up at the young age of 33/34.
He'll be in WWE for years to come and that's where he'll most likely retire.

·
None but ourselves
3,430 Posts
Bryan's content, that's the problem.

Detroit News Interview said:
"Bryan says fans began feeling he wasn’t getting what he deserved, “and where they get that from, I have no idea,” he says. “There are certainly guys besides me who deserve more than they’re getting, so why was there not that for them? I think it’s maybe just because fans had a way to express that they were dissatisfied. That led to this very vocal group of people that were unsatisfied with the spot that I was given, and they wanted more, and they began chanting, ‘Yes!’”

Bryan also knew it was important to take advantage of every opportunity he was given and to make the most of his TV time.

“None of us are owed anything,” says Bryan, who says he was taught that lesson by his mentor, William Regal. “Any chance that they give you is an opportunity to go out there and do something special, or do something that’s entertaining. And that’s the idea you have to go with. Like OK, this is not where I thought I would be going, but I have to make the best of this and make it as good as I can.”
http://www.detroitnews.com/story/en...yan-ready-smackdown-joe-louis-arena/24673453/

This managed to actually help him last year because arena after arena fought battles on his behalf but it feels like a lot of fans have accepted his 'Chris Jericho, Eddie Guerrero, Rey Mysterio, Chris Benoit, Rob Van Dam' level high mid card/occasional main event wrestler.

I think the Yes! chant is now hurting him, it's not the main cause but it's the sort of thing that really needs to be natural and full of energy, there must be a lot of people who still like Bryan but aren't going to force that sort of enthusiasm. Lack of booking direciton aside, he's been doing it for the best part of three years now and it's being spread too thin.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.