Wrestling Forum banner

Daniel Bryan, what does the future hold for thee?

3618 Views 39 Replies 34 Participants Last post by  Dudalizer
Ok, this is my first thread here in quite awhile but, still, I decided to pick the most obscure time to ask all of you the following question.

Will Daniel Bryan become a steady main-eventer? and if so how much is realistic for him to accomplish here in the wwe?

I ask this now, because I want unbiased opinions, and with Bryan in feud limbo, and doing virtually nothing at the moment (other than a potential impeding feud with Sheamus and perhaps Bourne)he is not on the rocket push he was when he redebuted several months ago.

So please give some reasons, and let's turn this into a lengthy debate.

:D
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

· FEED ME LESS!
3,857 Posts
God, i wish but I just dont see it happening. I feel like the wwe feels he just isnt exciting enough even though he is by far the most talented in the network. he will prolly get a title run but not too many.

· I must away and tend to my ravens
12,061 Posts
It really comes down to how the drafts go in future years, if he's on a roster with smaller guys then there's no real reason why he can't be a legit main-eventer but if he's surrounded by much bigger guys then he'll be more like Mysterio, around the main-event scene but not at the top. That's assuming WWE actually want him to main-event of course, they may prefer him to dominate the mid-card, putting on great matches to ensure PPV cards always have some quality.

· Inappropriately tinkly music.
7,065 Posts
It really comes down to how the drafts go in future years, if he's on a roster with smaller guys then there's no real reason why he can't be a legit main-eventer but if he's surrounded by much bigger guys then he'll be more like Mysterio, around the main-event scene but not at the top. That's assuming WWE actually want him to main-event of course, they may prefer him to dominate the mid-card, putting on great matches to ensure PPV cards always have some quality.
As evidenced by their leaving him off the last few PPV midcards. :p

IMPORTANT SIDENOTE: Snark aside, I completely agree with you.

· Asuka
123,116 Posts
Future WrestleMania Main Event
WWE (or World Heavyweight) Championship Match:
CM Punk vs. Daniel Bryan

Quote it.
Unless WrestleMania is the name of a 2020 Ring of Honor supershow, I don't think your prediction's gonna be very accurate.

Anyway, I don't see much on the horizon for him in the forseeable future. He'll probably be kept in the low card.

· Registered
704 Posts
In a couple years, maybe. He has the skills, but he is not going to get over until WWE decides to put him in some real feuds. He was pretty over coming out of his feud with Miz, but WWE decided to throw him into this dumbass "nerdy-ladie's man" storyline and that really damaged his crediblity and popularity with the fans. Hopefully a good, long feud with Sheamus will help him get back his credibility.

· Registered
5,130 Posts
Well, i'd like to see him becoming a main eventer someday, i really love his work everytime he steps his feet inside the ring, but he needs to reinvent himself first if he wants to become a main eventer, he's very dull at the moment. But i don't think he's gonna become a permanent main eventer if he ever becomes one, he will be like Rey Mysterio who can flexibly go up and down the card anythime he wants. I think he will just wander around in the midcard for years, midcard division usually lacks storylines so the selling point is the in-ring action and Bryan is one of the best in-ring workers they have right now, he can make anyone look good and provides some stellar matches with anyone, the midcard needs Bryan more. But in reality you'll never know with WWE, i never thought The Miz would become a WWE champion let alone headlining WM if you asked the same question 5 years ago, Bryan can main event next year for all we know.

· Registered
2,673 Posts
I hate to say it, but I really can't see him going much of anywhere in the near future. It almost seems like WWE never really had any plans for him to begin with, but they just slapped the US title on him and gave him that mini-push to make up for the whole firing debacle and to appease the smarks a bit as well.

· HEADBANGA
27,535 Posts
The man hasn't really been on the official roster for a year and he's made a hell of an impact in a short time so I'd say he will be going up the card a year or two. If creative gives him something worthwhile to get the crowd behind him he'll definitely be pushed to the top sooner or later.

· Registered
4,651 Posts
I agree with the repoman on that. I can't get behind his theme for anything. He needs something rock oriented, that Benoit rip off theme he had was better than his current theme.
His entrance theme is awesome bro. It gives an old school wrestling feel which fits with his character, just like his hilariously retro t-shirt. Does anything about Daniel Bryan say "rock" to you anyway? The nerd lifestyle is played up on television, but the dude posts pictures of himself reading comic books and his dog wearing the United States Championship online. I could never picture him coming out to some chunky power chord WWE hard rock track.

The only thing his entrance is really missing is some flavor at the start - an identifiable hook or some more dramatic build up, have him wear his robe. Worked for Flair.

· HEADBANGA
27,535 Posts
You can't be a nerd and like rock music? Fuck, I read comic books, play video games, watch anime, and I love me some rock music. You may seem to like his theme but everytime his theme plays the crowd barely reacts to it. Although, I agree with what you as you said, if they can give it a little something in the beginning to make it stand out then I'm all for it but right now it's painfully bland.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.