Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
I do agree that the brands should be split at this point. It'll give talents who aren't on Raw some time to shine and it could give focus to a secondary title.
You're correct with that statement, but the problem IMO is that in the later years of the brand split, Raw was always clearly the "A" show and Smackdown is the "B" show. Even post-brand split, I don't really ever hear about anything that happens on Smackdown. I get that Raw is, was, and likely always will be the flagship show, but they really need to raise Smackdown up again IMO.

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
Well, he's right. Just look how many people said "Oh no, we don't want Reigns, it will be a New Cena" and just weeks after said "It's not a problem for Bryan to be booked like Cena because it only began a few months ago".

So yeah, there definitely is a double standard.
People thought that about Reigns because his booking was essentially going to be incredibly similar to that of the played out fake "underdog" with "the look" who goes against the company/authority. Yet, everyone KNOWS he has full support (and then some) from the top people who make the decisions. Basically Cena 2.0.

Not sure how that is similar to the booking DB received or would have received had he remained healthy as champion.

·
The Final Kid
3,397 Posts
Well, I was surprised that they, including Ryback, are aware about the extremely poor state of the IC belt. Having said that, they're not gonna make SmackDown relevant again, this move to USA Network is bullshit, that won't change anything, let's make that pretty clear. Bryan was gonna be the face of SmackDown, but then he got injured and all was for naught. At this point I don't care anymore.

By the way, the Brand Extension did not end because of Bryan, it ended because of the huge difference between the RAW and SD house shows. The SD ones were drawing less and less people, so they thought of merging the two brands again :shaq

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
Bryan didn't say he wanted a brand split. He just said that he wanted to main event SmackDown with the IC Title. Since the WWE Champion and Cena (U.S. Champ) hardly ever show up on SmackDown anyway, Bryan wanted SD to be his show.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
A brand split would work with one WWEWHC for both shows, similar to 2002.

Smackdown has the IC title.
RAW has the US title.

Tag team, Divas and WWEWHC titles are interpromotional.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
He's been saying shyt like this for a while, I think even before he won ic belt.

Seems like he knows there's too much going on on RAW, and as a actual great worker who's over, his ability and star power is being neglected on RAW.

It's like 10 years ago, when Smackdown was actually better than RAW, it had great workers, and good matches. It was a totally different show. And a lot of wrestlers benefited from brand split, and the draft was always fun.

·
Banned
9,176 Posts
If they did another brand split it would probably hurt the NXT brand. Or they can just move NXT to Thursday nights. They can easily replace the Wednesday time slot on the WWE network with something else.
It wouldn't hurt NXT at all because Smackdown would still be an awful show, like Raw, just worse, and with a different storyline, and NXT would still be way better.

·
Registered
22,246 Posts
I don't get why people want the brand split back?

All thats going to happen is arguing over which brand is being buried just like it was during the last brand split.

If Bryan is the face of Smackdown a lot will still feel he's being misused.

·
Registered
22,246 Posts
People thought that about Reigns because his booking was essentially going to be incredibly similar to that of the played out fake "underdog" with "the look" who goes against the company/authority. Yet, everyone KNOWS he has full support (and then some) from the top people who make the decisions. Basically Cena 2.0.

Not sure how that is similar to the booking DB received or would have received had he remained healthy as champion.
And Bryan isn't a fake underdog? The only thing underdog about Bryan is his look.

We know he has company backing due to his numerous title reigns and pushes.

Booing folk because they are liked by management out of kayfabe is how you know some fans are too smart for their own goood. I mean should we retroactively boo Stone Cold since we know Vince did want him around in real life?

·
The EST of NXT
28,689 Posts
Bryan has been saying this since Wrestlemania season and it should've happened then. Even with his injury, you'd still have all of the misused workhorses on Smackdown for someone like Heyman to control, while Vince and Triple H do whatever they want with their favorites on RAW.

·
Premium Member
4,065 Posts
I loved the brand split when it first happened, and I'm sure I'd love it now if it happened again.

It just makes sense. Right now there's no time for proper development. Let the shows battle each other to see who could have the better show (kind of makes for some some artificial competition). Both shows will be looking to be the best, so much creative and fresh story lines, gimmicks, etc. Right now everything is just so "complacent", there's no motivation to do new and better things.

Ah, one could wish.

·
Banned
1,058 Posts
Have Paul Heyman run Smackdown.

Have the roster be:
Bryan
Owens
Ambrose
Rusev
Sheamus
Ryback
Neville
Sandow
Then let guys like Swagger, Fandango and some Others also shine.

That'd still leave RAW with many like Cena, Dudleys, Orton, New Day, Wyatts etc but Heyman could do wonders with having the guys I meantioned.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I personally thought getting rid of the brand split was the smartest thing they've done in years. It was abysmal for a long time. It could work with a deeper roster though.

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
Splitting the brands is dumb considering how much content they have to fill. They need to double dip and there's already a brand split between Main Roster and NXT. Splitting the main roster would destroy NXT as they would have to cannibalize that to fill up the rest of the shows.

With that said, splitting the titles is smart. Raw should have the US Title and SmackDown should have the IC Title. I'm 100% in favor of that. But they do need to share the roster.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
It would have worked but sadly the ship didn't sail when Bryan was injured, could have been nice if they let Heyman take control of Smackdown.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts