Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After what transpired it looks like it's heading towards that way but I just hope WWE doesn't mess this up based on the history these two have together they always create magic in the ring but this time it's a confused trying to rebuild himself Daniel Bryan vs. "The Fiend" Bray Wyatt. Is this the right way to go or are they rushing it??

·
Asuka
96,501 Posts
Bryan is the right opponent but it's the wrong timing. You JUST had Daniel Bryan lose to Adam Cole, and now you expect people to believe.....well, I guess nobody's going to believe he's beating The Fiend anyway, even if Bryan sliced his arm off with a chainsaw. It's still WWE's really stupid, counter intuitive way of booking, where you have someone lose their way into the title picture.

It's a pretty big opponent for a big 4 PPV, which is the important thing. Clearly Roman is the WrestleMania opponent, and Braun needs more build up for his title match at the Rumble, because he's not anywhere near ready for title contention at the moment. Bryan can always be plugged in as needed.

·
Registered
9,153 Posts
Interesting to say the least I thought Bryan was going after the ic championship. I still don't buy that this means Romans winning the rumble again.

Does this also mean Cole gets Lesnar 1 on 1?

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
^Lesnar is having a match against Rey.

Bryan is getting into the Chris Jericho role from his last run in WWE. I think hes the ideal opponent to make The Fiend look even stronger.

60,000 Posts
I need Bray and Bryan to have some in ring promos against each other. The Fiend won't be doing any talking. Their rumble match was damn good but The Fiend is going to need to show some vulnerability, otherwise it could harm the match. It helps if you believe an opponent has an actual chance of winning.

I am confident that their match will be better than both Seth's matches. Just don't let Bryan shrink away in terror and just let them both put on a very physical and intense match. Maybe let Bryan use his "planet powers" to make the red light green. ;) Another positive is that it's hard to spam Lebell Locks. :yes

Maybe we will get a Bryan goat puppet for the Funhouse. :bryan

·
Asuka
96,501 Posts
I need Bray and Bryan to have some in ring promos against each other. The Foend won't be doing any talking. Their rumble match was damn good but The Fiend is going to need to show some vulnerability, otherwise it could harm the match. It helps if you believe an opponent has an actual chance of winning.

I am confident that their match will be better than both Seth's matches. Just don't let Bryan shrink away in terror and just let them both put on a very physical and intense match. Maybe let Bryan use his "planet powers" to make the red light green. ;) Another positive is that it's hard to spam Lebell Locks. :yes

Maybe we will get a Bryan goat puppet for the Funhouse. :bryan
Don't worry, Bray can no sell 15 running knees. :)

·
C Mac G
5,964 Posts
Terrible, Bryan lost clean to a giant geek in Adam Cole, lost to Buddy Murphy recently, he isn't a title contender, especially not against a protected act like The Fiend.

When was the last time Bryan won a singles match? Seems like it's been fucking months.

60,000 Posts
Terrible, Bryan lost clean to a giant geek in Adam Cole, lost to Buddy Murphy recently, he isn't a title contender, especially not against a protected act like The Fiend.

When was the last time Bryan won a singles match? Seems like it's been fucking months.
I think he beat Ali about 11 months back or so. Maybe AJ when Rowan intervened at the Rumble. It feels like forever and he hasn't won a big match in about the same time frame.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

I don't agree with you on Adam Cole being a geek because he's the most over heel in NXT but I can't argue with your points about Daniel Bryan's losing streak, I feel like they should've gave him the refreshing and rebuilding his Yes Movement ways booking leading him to defeat The Fiend Bray Wyatt for the Universal Championship but it looks like Roman Reigns will be the man to stop cause they clearly want him back into the main event scene and I can't hate on that cause he came back from fighting leukemia, dropping down the card also putting over other talents.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
It's the safest route to go if the idea is building up The Fiend..Bryan has nothing to lose because he's pretty much made, so he would be the perfect opponent for him...How they get us there is another story, but hopefully the match(es) deliver..

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bryan is the right opponent but it's the wrong timing. You JUST had Daniel Bryan lose to Adam Cole, and now you expect people to believe.....well, I guess nobody's going to believe he's beating The Fiend anyway, even if Bryan sliced his arm off with a chainsaw. It's still WWE's really stupid, counter intuitive way of booking, where you have someone lose their way into the title picture.

It's a pretty big opponent for a big 4 PPV, which is the important thing. Clearly Roman is the WrestleMania opponent, and Braun needs more build up for his title match at the Rumble, because he's not anywhere near ready for title contention at the moment. Bryan can always be plugged in as needed.
You could be right but I wanted Daniel Bryan to be the one to take down The Fiend just based on their history together and it could've started with him finally winning the Royal Rumble Match to clean up the 2014-2015 when everybody wanted him to win it.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
This could be a really good match, but it will be an even bigger disaster than the Rollins matches if they do it with the red lighting. Imagine trying to watch Bryan mat wrestle him in that environment, quite the eyesore.

Would rather save it for Mania though but that's not likely. I'd be happy to get this match at all while Fiend is champion.

·
Registered
4,639 Posts
Poor Bryan ....

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
6,720 Posts
It's the right choice seeing as no one else has been built up. I would have just left The Fiend off of SSeries altogether unless Taker was coming back to do the job. Bryan has been losing like crazy but at least he still has some credibility in comparison to the rest of the roster. I don't know who the hell is a babyface and who isn't anymore. Is Bryan back to the old Bryan and is The Fiend playing the heel? Or are they both tweener? IDK WTF WWE is doing but hopefully we get a good match out of it at least. SSeries is looking pretty good so far.

On another note, Corbin's terrible promo pretty much guarantees that Roman is getting a redemption storyline where he goes back for the gold after falling off and losing focus for most of 2019, ultimately being the chosen one to defeat The Fiend. After Bryan theres no one else on SD. Vince made it that way on purpose. Everything came full circle all the way back around to Roman main eventing Mania again. People are somewhat cheering him now and Vince is gonna ride that all the way to April. Same old shit. The honor should have gone to Black or Joe.

Fuck your Roman vs Fiend WM main event. :cornettefu

·
Registered
440 Posts
This will be dull as fuck. Some midget doing bad kicks that will rightfully be no sold and a running knee to the fiends man boobs this will be ratings brother

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
2,859 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
So, we are to believe that the guy who loses clean to geeks like Buddy Murphy and Adam Cole has a snowball's chance in hell against the Fiend?

Sorry, can't suspend my disbelief that much.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I like the idea of Zayn and crew doing all the shenanigans they can to help Bryan, yet he keeps refusing them until there’s the tease of him going with them. Then say come Rumble you have the payoff with Bray still going over then the build to Reigns at Mania. Vince has put Reigns/Bray together so many times before as said with the Corbin promo he is 110% going there eventually, and personally I’m fine with that for the Mania build. It’s all obvious stuff but obvious can be good and both Bryan and Reigns have a history with Bray and should make for good feuds if they give them the time and build.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts