Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
SGT. AT ARMS
19,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What in the hell are wwe thinking having Bryan lose to Sheamus on smackdown? He just became the number 1 contender for the wwe title and they send him over to smackdown to lose to Sheamus the next night? How is he gonna look like any kinda threat to Punk after being beaten by Sheamus? They could have at least had Bryan get himself dq'ed or win in a dirty fashion with Del Rio's help, but having him just lose cleanly was stupid.

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts
I thought bryan would win by cheating but the booking was strange.A loss on sheamus who was Kayfabe injured would not affect him and it would make Bryan strong but typical wwe booking.

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
Because Bryan is moving to Raw and Sheamus is getting into a WHC feud with Del Rio. It would be terrible booking if Sheamus lost to a guy who isn't going to likely be on Smackdown by the end of the month.

·
Banned
6,531 Posts
Didn't Del Rio interfere?

·
SGT. AT ARMS
19,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Because Bryan is moving to Raw and Sheamus is getting into a WHC feud with Del Rio. It would be terrible booking if Sheamus lost to a guy who isn't going to likely be on Smackdown by the end of the month.
But Bryan is the number one contender for the most important title in the WWE, the WHC is like the IC Title compared to the WWE title. How is it good booking to have your number 1 contender beaten by the other champion? and i didn't say he should beat Sheamus cleanly, but Del Rio interfering to help Bryan win would have been the better way to book this match. That way it gets heat between Del Rio and Sheamus and gives Bryan some momentum going into his WWE title feud its a win win.

·
Bourne Better
2,270 Posts
But Bryan is the number one contender for the most important title in the WWE, the WHC is like the IC Title compared to the WWE title. How is it good booking to have your number 1 contender beaten by the other champion? and i didn't say he should beat Sheamus cleanly, but Del Rio interfering to help Bryan win would have been the better way to book this match. That way it gets heat between Del Rio and Sheamus and gives Bryan some momentum going into his WWE title feud its a win win.
Sheamus winning elevates the WHC

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
this

I stan for D-Bry, but I don't believe that there's some sort of conspiracy to hold breh down like the rest of his marks seem to think.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Sheamus winning elevates the WHC
This. People talk of the heavyweight title holding no prestige and being equal to the IC title, so if you have a guy lose to the heavyweight title holder and potentially wins or comes close to winning the WWE title in a few weeks, it elevates the heavyweight belt and makes Sheamus a lot more credible than he currently is, albeit he is on a massive streak.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Bryan marks are stupid, they only think in brysquash, as they said already, Sheamus winning elevates the WHC

·
Registered
802 Posts
Bryan shouldn't have won the match clean, but that doesn't Sheamus should have either. Why not have Del Rio come in again and interfere? Or better yet, scrapped that first 20 minutes and saved it 'til the end of the show. WWE are just trying to force Sheamus on us.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
19,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
"Sheamus winning elevates the WHC" pfft Sheamus beating Bryan hardly elevates the title its just Sheamus dominating as usual its just the WHC happens to be with him now. The day the WHC main events a Wrestlemania or any ppv for that matter then we can talk about it being elevated.

So everyones fine with the number one contender for the WWE title going into a huge match with Punk losing to Sheamus clean? How does that make any sense making him lose to Sheamus? you don't make your #1 contender lose matches cleanly going into the ppv, you just don't its bad booking.

·
Registered
253 Posts
"Sheamus winning elevates the WHC" pfft Sheamus beating Bryan hardly elevates the title its just Sheamus dominating as usual its just the WHC happens to be with him now. The day the WHC main events a Wrestlemania or any ppv for that matter then we can talk about it being elevated.

So everyones fine with the number one contender for the WWE title going into a huge match with Punk losing to Sheamus clean? How does that make any sense making him lose to Sheamus? you don't make your #1 contender lose matches cleanly going into the ppv, you just don't its bad booking.
It's that mentality that makes the heavyweight title have no chance of being elevated though and the process of a unification completely irrelevant, just have him hand it over.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
19,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
It's that mentality that makes the heavyweight title have no chance of being elevated though and the process of a unification completely irrelevant, just have him hand it over.
I'm just stating the facts. I'm all for the belt being elevated but it shouldn't be elevated at the expense of Bryan who's in a feud for the WWE title now. They could have had Sheamus win via count out, DQ or whatever Bryan shouldn't be made to look weak going into his feud with Punk.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I'm just stating the facts. I'm all for the belt being elevated but it shouldn't be elevated at the expense of Bryan who's in a feud for the WWE title now.
I agree with you somewhat, but I see the other side of it as well. Think when Bryan was the champion, the matches he had with Punk were indecisive, so I really do feel they are starting to at least make an attempt at elevating it near the WWE title and at the same time elevating the superstar holding that title.

As to your point about Bryan, he was made to look like shit heading into Extreme Rules and he impressed many with his in-ring ability. I really don't think WWE are worried about his credibility when people will think man this guy shows up in a big way at ppvs. It's his wrestling ability that got him over initially and it is that which will keep him on top, not his booking unlike many other wrestlers that don't have his ability.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
19,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I agree with you somewhat, but I see the other side of it as well. Think when Bryan was the champion, the matches he had with Punk were indecisive, so I really do feel they are starting to at least make an attempt at elevating it near the WWE title and at the same time elevating the superstar holding that title.

As to your point about Bryan, he was made to look like shit heading into Extreme Rules and he impressed many with his in-ring ability. I really don't think WWE are worried about his credibility when people will think man this guy shows up in a big way at ppvs. It's his wrestling ability that got him over initially and it is that which will keep him on top, not his booking unlike many other wrestlers that don't have his ability.
The thing is they already had Sheamus beat Bryan at ER so why was this match even made? just so Sheamus could have 3 wins over Bryan? i understand what your saying about the belt but this was just the wrong way to do it. Bryan is already in a feud with Punk there was no reason he should have had this match with Sheamus. Also Sheamus was injured, which makes Bryan look even worse losing to an injured guy, why should people believe he could beat a healthy Punk then?

·
Registered
253 Posts
The thing is they already had Sheamus beat Bryan at ER so why was this match even made? just so Sheamus could have 3 wins over Bryan? i understand what your saying about the belt but this was just the wrong way to do it. Bryan is already in a feud with Punk there was no reason he should have had this match with Sheamus. Also Sheamus was injured, which makes Bryan look even worse losing to an injured guy, why should people believe he could beat a healthy Punk then?
I think we agree in most part. I just find it a good end so Sheamus can officially move on to ADR and Bryan can move on over to Raw and deal with just Punk and create a feud out of nothing, hopefully better than they did with him and Sheamus. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
He doesnt deserve the number 1 contenders spot in my eyes. He was not a good WHC, he cheated and used AJ! once he lost the title at wrestlemania in only 18 seconds, he blamed AJ which pissed me off. then again, im not totally surprised as he used her the entire time he was champ!

·
SGT. AT ARMS
19,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
I think we agree in most part. I just find it a good end so Sheamus can officially move on to ADR and Bryan can move on over to Raw and deal with just Punk and create a feud out of nothing, hopefully better than they did with him and Sheamus. :rolleyes:
Ya i guess, but the ending at ER would have been just fine as the ending to they're feud. They should have had Del Rio jump Sheamus right after the match at ER and take advantage of the bad arm with his Cross armbreaker. It would have let Bryan leave the feud looking strong by taking so much out of Sheamus but still make Sheamus look good by pulling out the win.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
He doesnt deserve the number 1 contenders spot in my eyes. He was not a good WHC, he cheated and used AJ! once he lost the title at wrestlemania in only 18 seconds, he blamed AJ which pissed me off. then again, im not totally surprised as he used her the entire time he was champ!

It's still real to me, dammit!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts