Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
15,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Now we all know that Daniel Bryan is popular, that fact is as clear as the sky is blue, but he seems to be a few feuds away from really solitifying himself as one of the greatest of all time. If you were on creative, what is the major feud you would have planned for Daniel Bryan?

I would have him feud against John Cena. I think that the crowd reaction for those matches would be guaranteed amazing each and everytime. I can just picture the ''Let's go Cena/Cena sucks'' chants followed by the Yes!/No! chants, followed by the dueling Cena!/Daniel Bryan! chants. You could even build it as a feud leading into Wrestlemania with the end result being a blowoff match with a double face/heel turn. You keep Bryan as a heel throughout with people begging for him to turn face, and vice versa with John Cena.

·
Plotting time travel mission.
8,641 Posts
There were rumors a while ago that WWE did have some sort of Bryan vs Cena feud planned, and it might still happen. And yes I agree that a feud with Cena would elevate Bryan to the next level.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
I agree. Cena needs that Bryan rub.
;) The guy turned AJ into a star, and Sheamus looked like a legitimate champ for the first time in his WWE career after his battle with D-Bry at ER.

But on a serious note, Bryan/Cena feud would be piff. I'd book it the same way the Rock/Benoit feud was booked back in 2000.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Now we all know that Daniel Bryan is popular, that fact is as clear as the sky is blue, but he seems to be a few feuds away from really solitifying himself as one of the greatest of all time. If you were on creative, what is the major feud you would have planned for Daniel Bryan?

I would have him feud against John Cena. I think that the crowd reaction for those matches would be guaranteed amazing each and everytime. I can just picture the ''Let's go Cena/Cena sucks'' chants followed by the Yes!/No! chants, followed by the dueling Cena!/Daniel Bryan! chants. You could even build it as a feud leading into Wrestlemania with the end result being a blowoff match with a double face/heel turn. You keep Bryan as a heel throughout with people begging for him to turn face, and vice versa with John Cena.
what?

·
Registered
15,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

What do you mean what? Daniel Bryan is a former Money in the Bank Winner, a former U.S champion, a former WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION, and he main evented this years's Wrestlemania on the Smackdown brand. He was one of the most respected indy wrestlers on the planet, and now one of the most respected mainstream wrestlers on the planet and his catchphrase has set the WWE Universe on FIRE, and it crossed over outside of wrestling. Everytime he comes out he gets a huge reaction on an almost consistant basis and people react to every move he makes (literally). He is one of the greatest in-ring workers in history and he's still pretty young. How can he NOT be close to being one of the greatest of all time !?

·
Registered
9,346 Posts
It would be great for him to feud with John Cena - it would definitely propel him. I can imagine a great feud between the two. Cena is really the only person on the full time roster with the star power to give Bryan the rub.

·
Registered
15,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Megastardom? Let's get him to superstardom first lol.
Well some woould argue that he is already a superstar. Just listen to the reactions he gets..some of the ''superstars'' in WWE history never got reactions quite like that.

He's also a top merch seller AS A HEEL.

·
Recognize
21,378 Posts
Well some woould argue that he is already a superstar. Just listen to the reactions he gets..some of the ''superstars'' in WWE history never got reactions quite like that.

He's also a top merch seller AS A HEEL.
Well some would be idiots then. He's over and is doing well for himself but I'd hardly call him a superstar yet and certainly not a megastar lol.

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,745 Posts
Well some would be idiots then. He's over and is doing well for himself but I'd hardly call him a superstar yet and certainly not a megastar lol.
But didn't you know all WWE wrestlers are already superstars.

They must be referred to as "superstars" on TV :lol

·
Registered
15,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well then what is he lacking to be a super star Mr Starbuck? Guys like Diesel and Lex Luger were considered super stars at the time, and they didn't even get reactions the likes of Bryan. Do you mean that he has yet to carry the company? He is a heel, and as a heel he has been involved int he main event picture since before TLC. Since the YES chants have started, his presence has overshadowed Sheamus himself, a guy some people consider a super star in his own right! I dont see your reasoning Mr Starbuck, Daniel Bryan IS a super star right now.

·
Recognize
21,378 Posts
Well then what is he lacking to be a super star Mr Starbuck? Guys like Diesel and Lex Luger were considered super stars at the time, and they didn't even get reactions the likes of Bryan. Do you mean that he has yet to carry the company? He is a heel, and as a heel he has been involved int he main event picture since before TLC. Since the YES chants have started, his presence has overshadowed Sheamus himself, a guy some people consider a super star in his own right! I dont see your reasoning Mr Starbuck, Daniel Bryan IS a super star right now.
I didn't say he's lacking anything to be a superstar. I just said he isn't one right now. Calm down.

·
Registered
15,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I didn't say he's lacking anything to be a superstar. I just said he isn't one right now. Calm down.
but then when will you judge that he is infact a super star? Judging by his merch sales, his absolute overness with the WWE Universe, his wrestling accomplishments and his tv exposure, all the facts are pointing in the way of super star. I'm just looking for more reasoning behind your claim Mr Starbuck is all.

·
Recognize
21,378 Posts
but then when will you judge that he is infact a super star? Judging by his merch sales, his absolute overness with the WWE Universe, his wrestling accomplishments and his tv exposure, all the facts are pointing in the way of super star. I'm just looking for more reasoning behind your claim Mr Starbuck is all.
A few months ago Zack Ryder was just as over, sold just as much merchandise and was all over TV. Still didn't make him a superstar. A superstar is somebody like CM Punk. A megastar is somebody like John Cena. DB isn't on either of their levels.

·
Ted the Moth
12,866 Posts
How to make Daniel Bryan a megastar? Have him make Cena tap 2straight times on PPV, take HHH out indefinitely, steal Sable from Brock Lesnar and make HIM tap while he's at it...

That's the only way. As of now, Daniel Bryan has been quite popular for just under two months now. I remember someone that set the 'WWE Universe' on fire like that too. A kid by the name of Zack Ryder. Wonder what happened to him.

edit: Starbuck took my line.

·
Banned
5,212 Posts
How to make Daniel Bryan a megastar? Have him make Cena tap 2straight times on PPV, take HHH out indefinitely, steal Sable from Brock Lesnar and make HIM tap while he's at it...

That's the only way. As of now, Daniel Bryan has been quite popular for just under two months now. I remember someone that set the 'WWE Universe' on fire like that too. A kid by the name of Zack Ryder. Wonder what happened to him.

edit: Starbuck took my line.
Eh, did Ryder hold the WHC for 4 months, only to be moved straight into another world title match (WWE Title against Punk)? WWE has confidence in Bryan unlike Ryder hence the booking he receives.

·
Registered
15,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
OMG Zack Ryder has never been a World Champion, and he has never main evented a PPV.

WWE dropped the ball on Ryder, at the time he WAS kind of a super star given his crowd reactions and merch sales, but they so poorly mishandled him that his popularity diminished. Same with John Cena, there were times during his feud with the Rock circa Survivor Series that the fans were just not giving a fuck despite his megastardom, but the WWE kept on with his megapush regardless.

Daniel Bryan's popularity has NOT diminished one bit, therefore at the present time he is a full fledged super star.

·
Ted the Moth
12,866 Posts
Eh, did Ryder hold the WHC for 4 months, only to be moved straight into another world title match (WWE Title against Punk)? WWE has confidence in Bryan unlike Ryder hence the booking he receives.
It's always good to have the corporate machine behind you you're right. Doesn't change the fact that WWE are clumsy and can only pull star-makers off if it's a violent mega push a la Cena, or if it falls into their laps a la Punk last year. I have absolutely no faith in the WWE to fabricate a star making angle for Bryan and pull it off successfully. It just won't happen.

To that other dude that asked why Bryan's not a superstar, that's why. Being the YES guy does not superstar make, you need to do something of note. The most noteworthy thing about Bryan's career is how fast he lost at Mania.

1 - 20 of 98 Posts