Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been noticing that past few ppvs people were saying his match was the best and since he's not the main event, he's stealing the show
I Can't wait until he becomes The Main Event

·
Banned
4,312 Posts
Of course he steals the show every month..he's Brian Danielson..one of the top 3 best male performers in North America. That's not gonna change just because he's in the E...EVERYONE knew if he had got anything close to the same type of time that Orton or Cena gets for matches, that he would get over and get over big. The only two guys that were close to his ability in this year was Jericho and Benjamin. One got released and the other was such a fucking iron man for 3 years, he needed a break.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
He's WWE's savior in terms of wrestling quality, just like HBK, Benoit and Angle used to be.

·
pretending to be nice
1,492 Posts
Well, I love DB as much as you do, but some of the credit should be given to Dolph Ziggler and John Morrison, the two he fought (Imo Miz was the one being carried by DB and JoMo in their match). Ziggler and JoMo are both one of the best new generation workers in the company alongside Bryan.

·
Premium Member
8,457 Posts
No, Just no.

I am a Bryan mark however, that gimmick wouldn't suit him at all. He should just have a Chris Benoit gimmick beating people up and trying to get them to prove him wrong.

·
Banned
4,312 Posts
Well, I love DB as much as you do, but some of the credit should be given to Dolph Ziggler and John Morrison, the two he fought (Imo Miz was the one being carried by DB and JoMo in their match). Ziggler and JoMo are both one of the best new generation workers in the company alongside Bryan.
Until last night, when has Ziggler ever had a standout match in his career? It doesn't exist. Some could argue Mysterrio but everyone was hating on Mysterio so much they dismiss those matches like it never happened just because that blonde sissy didn't go over.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
come on now op...you have gone too far with the comedy! bryan as the next hbk...one word...NO... i dont care how good he is as a wrestler, you have to give credit to the guys that are in the ring with him as well. this is the wwe...not those indy wrestling shows..entertainment is the key form of success in this company...so for as good as he can wrestle technically, it wouldnt mean nothing in the wwe without the already established wwe entertainer in there to balance out the match. the guy is good...but for him to be compared to hbk, he has to go a long way as there is only one SHOWSTOPPER

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lol hey guys I should have clairified
I don't mean he's the next HBK or is taking HBK's position or gimmick
I really just meant that he's the current guy that steals the show like HBK

·
Only here 4 The BO$$
3,717 Posts
I was thinking the same thing OP. He's been putting on great matches since he's been in the WWE. He's stealing the show like HBK used to. Even though the other posters didn't get what you meant I understood. :)

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
People actually thought this thread was about making Bryan the next HBK? Ok then...

He has definitely been the highlight of the last few PPV's, he needs more mic time to get more comfortable dealing with the big crowds (personal opinion).

I think his gimmick will develop more down the Benoit route as people have said, the man who's actions speak louder than his words. It says a lot that the only match the crowd was consistantly hot throughout was the Bryan/Ziggler match, just goes to show that people do still care about good wrestling.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
The OP obviously isn't comparing HBK/Bryan gimmicks because they aren't anything alike. He's just saying that Bryan has been stealing the show on the last few PPVs, which he has. He could turn out to be a guy, like HBK, who you could always just rely on to put on a great performance and match on PPV. That would be a fair assumption, although I think there's also a few other guys who could fill this kind of mould. Ziggler and Morrison specifically. All three of those guys can be relied upon to put on a great match. Hopefully they all get to show it in the coming PPVs...

Because as seen, you can't rely on the main eventers to pull out a great match. The main event matches more often than not turn out to be disapointments, so I'm glad we've got guys like Bryan to entertain in ring.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Heh, i won't mind if they will start calling him as "The Showstopper", it's just a moniker anyway, and he steals the show in like every PPV so i don't see what's wrong with that. Dolph Ziggler was awesome too in the match, they should have more matches like that.

·
Banned
4,731 Posts
People need to read the OP before making a fool out of themselves. RawIsWiz28 obviously isn't saying Bryan is the new Shawn Michaels but is saying Bryan is turning into someone capable of stealing the show and on recent showings, I don't think he's wrong. That match he had with Ziggler last night was brilliant. From house show reports I knew it was going to be good but not THAT good. I'd even go as far as rating it a 4 star match up. I'm gonna repeat what the the OP said and say that I can't wait to see him become a main eventer. He's too good a worker never to make it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
As good as he is i cannot see WWE giving him the big push for a while, similar to Eddie (RIP). Although id love to see him face cena for the title and make him tap out instead of cena's super hug

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
He stole the show last night and at HIAC. We need somebody to bring prestige and importance back to the US Title, and Danielson is that guy. He can have a great match with almost anybody.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,815 Posts
He stole the show last night and at HIAC. We need somebody to bring prestige and importance back to the US Title, and Danielson is that guy. He can have a great match with almost anybody.
:agree:

I want to see him shatter MVP's reign.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts